Recent Topics

Ads

Is it worth to start fresh with gear current gear gap?

Let's talk about... everything else
Frecky

Is it worth to start fresh with gear current gear gap?

Post#1 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:01 pm

I'm a returning player, and I was thinking about starting fresh.. but I was wondering if it is even worth it considering the immaculate gear gap that i've heard about.. any opinions will be appreciated, thanks!

Ads
Eversoris

Re: Is it worth to start fresh with gear current gear gap?

Post#2 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:16 pm

Frecky wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:01 pm I'm a returning player, and I was thinking about starting fresh.. but I was wondering if it is even worth it considering the immaculate gear gap that i've heard about.. any opinions will be appreciated, thanks!
There is not much difference between using conqueror and vanquisher equipment. In addition, it will not be difficult for you to equip yourself with the latest armor sets if you're worried.

Welcome back :!:
Pain is temporary. Eversoris is forever.
-------------------
Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/eversoris_
►► YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/Eversoris

Sulorie

Post#3 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:02 pm

What gear gap? Most difficulties you will encounter are based on player experience and coordination, rather than rank and gear. :)
Dying is no option.

Toonman

Post#4 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:17 pm

It's pretty easy to gear up in RvR even if you're only playing a few hours a night.

Celyt

Post#5 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Depends on your rr

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:15 pm

As Celyt said above, renown rank is the most important factor in gearing. A big upside to starting fresh is that you can use T1 and then Bolster to quickly get to renown rank 40.

At that point you should have an easy time meeting renown requirements on gear. Not to mention having enough renown points to spend on talents is critical to surviving.

In sum, there is no gear gap if you have conqueror, decent renown rank, and some skill. That is to say, someone kitted out in conq and with a decent build does not automatically lose to someone in invader so there is no “gear gap” or “power creep” as traditionally defined.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

PastorMatt

Post#7 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:37 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:02 pm What gear gap? Most difficulties you will encounter are based on player experience and coordination, rather than rank and gear. :)
You sir - are a deceiver of innocent black orcs ;-;

paradox242

Post#8 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:54 am

My friends and I just hit 40 on our first characters and despite what some people in this thread will tell you the gear gap you have heard about is real. When you hit your first scenario in t4 and swing on a guy for 40 dmg you will know what I am talking about. You can feel who has better armor and 50+ renown. They hit like a truck and barely take any damage. Honestly we were really struggling being RR 20ish and mostly wearing green, the fights were not in any way fair.

A couple people were wavering on whether to continue playing but we discovered some of the easier armor (beastlord) and accessories you can get without renown rank. We also moved out of scenarios and almost exclusively into open rvr. A week and a half later and we are doing okay and in our mid 40s RR.

Hang in there, it's a lot of fun.

Ads
Gunma

Post#9 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:54 am

paradox242 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:54 amHonestly we were really struggling being RR 20ish and mostly wearing green
Which is perfectly fine. But that's not the gear gap the OP is talking about. That being said, there's not much difference in gear from conq and higher. Most equipment is quite easy to obtain for an MMO.
Bromley | Ironbreaker
Highbury | Rune Priest

anrix

Post#10 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Everyone starts out with entry level gear. If everyone had this attitude no one would play. If persistence is not your thing or you easily give into frustration there are other gaming options that might be more enjoyable for you.