Recent Topics

Ads

Destro Ranged DPS Class Input Needed

Let's talk about... everything else
Toggle

Destro Ranged DPS Class Input Needed

Post#1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:26 pm

Finally got my zealot ‘geared’, so I’m looking for another class to play. I plan on logging the zealot in for forts, but since he doesn’t need anything from non-fort zones, I want something else to play while waiting for forts to pop. I’ve dabbled in all of the dps classes that Destro has to offer, and I’m torn between sorc and magus. I know Destro is lacking in ranged DPS (or seems to be when I play), so which one of those two would be more effective (useful for small scale and large scale PVP including WBs and PVE)? I have played both of them to the point where I’ve experienced them in T4 as a bolstered newbie, and I find both of them enjoyable.

Any and all input would be appreciated! Thanks!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Manatikik

Re: Destro Ranged DPS Class Input Needed

Post#2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:45 pm

Sorc is better than magus in almost all cases and is definitely preferred in WB’s and PvE.
<Montague><Capulet>

Toggle

Post#3 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:00 pm

Manatikik wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:45 pm Sorc is better than magus in almost all cases and is definitely preferred in WB’s and PvE.
Why is that?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Manatikik

Post#4 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:15 pm

Toggle wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:00 pm
Manatikik wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:45 pm Sorc is better than magus in almost all cases and is definitely preferred in WB’s and PvE.
Why is that?
Can actually bomb for WB. It has an easier and faster rotation that for the average sorc does more damage than the average Magus; is more mobile; and for PvE they can spec aoe for mob clear and still do good ST for bosses so you don’t lose out on one or the other as opposed to a magus.
<Montague><Capulet>

Toggle

Post#5 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:34 pm

Do happen to have build links for an AOE (assume that’s what WBs want) and ST build for a sorc? Mine is only 24 at the moment, so I’m not sure how useful I’ll be at that level. However, I would like to know what I’m building towards. Thanks!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

anarchypark

Post#6 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:09 pm

sorc is easier to roam.
magus is more for siege and solo.
but both can do all kind of rdps activity.
you just need to change play style.
weakness is glass cannon vs pet management.

I recommend magus.
sorc have only kill builds.
magus has more build variety.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Nidwin

Post#7 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:02 am

Magus pets can be annoying in PVE when they start to have a mind of their own. I even had them hit/aggro stuff when in complete passive mode.

Both are fine and it's just what you prefer to play in the end.

I completely disagree with what Manatikik wrote, but he's a pro and I'm only a scrub noob.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

spiritbull

Post#8 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:29 am

Sorc: good damage, glass canon. have place in WBs, scenarios, pve. And this place is well secured. As glass canon hard to play solo
Magus: have different specs as described above, can balance between damage and survivability. Good for solo players. The best damage in static fights (sieges, pve)
But magus doesn't have as many game choces as Sorc:
WBs: in BEST case organized wb takes 1 rift magus (not really, you'll likely be tied to the second wb, or pugs)
Organized scenarios: magus shines at stationary fights and on scenarios such are rare
Still good for pugs and PVE

Ads
Ridduk

Post#9 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:33 am

Toggle wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:34 pm
Do happen to have build links for an AOE (assume that’s what WBs want) and ST build for a sorc? Mine is only 24 at the moment, so I’m not sure how useful I’ll be at that level. However, I would like to know what I’m building towards. Thanks!
ST:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5415,5399