Recent Topics

Ads

Instanced Forts

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

Instanced Forts

Post#1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:42 am

Would be technically possible to make different instanced Forts with limited population in each, instead that one big instance with no population limit as it is now?
Zputadenti

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Instanced Forts

Post#2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:08 am

everything is technically possible BUT there is major hindrance to it as well as not something we want to do.

carlos

Post#3 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:33 am

Why would anyone want this? It's the nice thing with fort - huge armies clashing.
Though, spontaneously i would like to see either bigger entrances in both the outer wall and in the keep in itself.
Starfkr

Ysaran

Post#4 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:14 am

carlos wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:33 am Why would anyone want this? It's the nice thing with fort - huge armies clashing.
Though, spontaneously i would like to see either bigger entrances in both the outer wall and in the keep in itself.
Just one word: lag.
I understand the charm of huge clashes and I, too, think that everyone should be able to enter forts but in the lasts forts I've been there was too much lag.
Zputadenti

carlos

Post#5 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:44 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:14 am
carlos wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:33 am Why would anyone want this? It's the nice thing with fort - huge armies clashing.
I understand the charm of huge clashes and I, too, think that everyone should be able to enter forts but in the lasts forts I've been there was too much lag.
Aah, yes. From that perspective i get your point. Though, ppl takes about slide shows in fort but i think (this isn't fact) that it doesn't involve everyone at every fort.
Starfkr

zgolec

Post#6 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:15 am

Bring back contrib for fort.... Ppl xrealming in last sec for the winning side and then you find yourself in fort with 50 as defender and 120 as attacker...

With no restriction on lvls and numbers in fort this is complete **** show - speaking as a side that farmed enemy for 30 mins in their respawn as well as someone that tried to defend... for whole 5 sec before defense went down cause of 3:1 number difference.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Nidwin

Post#7 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:45 am

I play in High Quality since past week (new cheap gamer PC 999€) and only switch to custom 1 for forts and inner keeps when highly populated.
Yesterday in the Maw def 200 vs 200 was playable in custom 1 with the lag.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

carlos

Post#8 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:28 pm

carlos wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:44 am
Aah, yes. From that perspective i get your point. Though, ppl talks about slide shows in fort but i think (this isn't fact) that it doesn't involve everyone at every fort.
[EDIT] Spelling
Starfkr

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#9 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:29 pm

zgolec wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:15 am Bring back contrib for fort.... Ppl xrealming in last sec for the winning side and then you find yourself in fort with 50 as defender and 120 as attacker...

With no restriction on lvls and numbers in fort this is complete **** show - speaking as a side that farmed enemy for 30 mins in their respawn as well as someone that tried to defend... for whole 5 sec before defense went down cause of 3:1 number difference.
There is contrib for forts. Or do you mean reservations?

bctakhy

Post#10 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:18 pm

That will not fix problems. When city comes what? lets say 5 fort instance open, u defend 4 and lost 1... How u deal with that? It open way to city?