Ads

[SCENARIO REWORK] Logrin Forge feedbacks

Let's talk about... everything else
Yaliskah
Former Staff

[SCENARIO REWORK] Logrin Forge feedbacks

Post#1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:25 am

Hoy,

As announced weeks ago and presented, (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33570), Logrin Forge has been deployed with last updated for testing.

This post is made to collect feedbacks and fine tune it as much as possible. Purpose is not to make another mechanics and going for another 3 week dev.

Some feedbacks have already been collected ingame, pointing some issues with it. Please complete, confirm or invalidate.

FEEDBACKS :
-Mechanics with 3 BOs could be interesting but something is going wrong, Issue being in its actual shape, Scenario goes way too fast and give no possibility to change anything when 2 BO are capped. 15 sec reaction time before explosion is way too short, and don't let any possibily to reverse a situation :
Propositions :
-it would take as many groups as objectives to be playable.
or
-30-45 seconds would probably be better.

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: [SCENARIO REWORK] Logrin Forge feedbacks

Post#2 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:09 pm

I've played a few Logrins yesternight and so far I find third BO a good idea but Khaine's explosion mechanic terribad one. Reason for this is:
A. since only two BOs are needed to trigger explosion on all 3 everything goes boom every 30-45 seconds. Way too fast.

B. Explosion radius is too big for such a small map. One can outrun it on middle BO but there is no "safe space" in middle corridors between objectives, explosions actually overlap there - reducing kill zone size by 50-75ft would make it better and more tactical.

C. Tactical scenario has been changed into a no-brainer because it's easier and faster to just die and rush mid + one person capturing 1 other BO as opposed to need to guard one and catch the other. 6vs6 might help with this but it'd make it unplayable for pugs in the long run.

The way I see it you can either reduce the size of explosions or prolong trigger time by 30-45 seconds (hold two BOs for a minute to trigger explosion or hold all 3 to make it boom right away with +50 points bonus) - the map is way too small to wipe all outside of mid BO almost every time.
Last edited by NSKaneda on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ysaran

Post#3 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:45 pm

I played it just a couple of times so this is a preliminary feedback. If I have something to add I will edit this post.

I like the idea but I see two problems:
1) too few time (15 seconds) before explosion
2) too high radius of explosion

I would solve the first problem increasing the time by 5 seconds and further adding other 5 seconds if needed after collecting other feedback.
To solve the second problem I would simply reduce the radius of 15%

the first thing that i would like to add is: it's bugged AF. i capped a flag as slayer and the flag got cappet for distru, that's happened many time until sc ended. another bug that i found is that flag cap by itself, like: after the explosion one flag cap even if there is no one around it interacting with it
Last edited by Ysaran on Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zputadenti

noakis

Post#4 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:12 pm

smaller boom radius and giving 45 sec before boom will fix a lot of this scenario issues for me too.

Alucard2010

Post#5 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:50 pm

Propose a name change for the SC - Blowgrin Forge, seems fitting for the newly implemented kabooms!