Ads

The vicious circle that Scenarios generate

Let's talk about... everything else
Celyt

Re: The vicious circle that Scenarios generate

Post#21 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Rida wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:00 am just git gut
kkthx
This, but also higher renown rank does mean better, I've fought people on my low level characters who were geared to the teeth get destroyed so I don't see an issue with the balance.

Ads
Mattia1981

Post#22 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:12 am

Supremax67 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:34 pm So at this point, it is no secret that premade really kills it in scens; but in reality, it is not the premade that is killing it but all the high Renowns.

At this very moment, there is an observable phenomenon where higher Renown gets more renown and lower renown gets shut out. In other words the stronger gets stronger and the weaker gets nothing.

A while back, when EA was in-charge of the original game, their solution to counter is to group up scenarios per renown rank range, in theory, this would work great, in practice, it prevents more scenario match up. Well I have a counter proposal that would both address the issues; renown matching totals.

Have the cumulative renown from both sides add up within a 50 pts difference, no more. So instead of seeing matches where you have 12 RR80s vs 12 RR40s, you would get 6 RR80s vs 12 RR40s (total renown on each side is 480 in this case). Not only you would have less 500 to 0 games, but higher renown may actually find the game fun from a more challenging match. Everyone is happy and scenarios still pops just as often, no downside.

This is about saving the game down the road. I am simply tired of ending up in winning scenarios with no challenges, I can only imagine how bad the other side feels losing 5 games in a row.

So in sum up, match people based on the total renown pts within 50 pts range, if there is a lot of high renown on one side, add more players on the other side to even the numbers. Things are already bad as it is, imagine how bad this is going to get when people reach RR100 and you are trying to level your renown 31.

P.S.: If this idea gets rejected, I'll just re-submit in 1 year when people will be more receptive to the idea. If the game hasn't killed itself over a high renown only of players saturation and new players gets discouraged and quits.
Imagine to join a pug sc with Chineesehero, you would lose 100% and would prevent a good rr65-75 to join because of its rr. But interesting idea.

rocc

Post#23 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:33 am

Supremax67 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:34 pmHave the cumulative renown from both sides add up within a 50 pts difference, no more. So instead of seeing matches where you have 12 RR80s vs 12 RR40s, you would get 6 RR80s vs 12 RR40s (total renown on each side is 480 in this case). N
Your thinking about the vicious circle is judicious but probably not your soluce because there is no balance in this game.

We can see in this forum a video youtube of dual where a slayer level 30 kill a chosen level 40 renom 80.

The real problem is the lack of balance : the favored camp progresses faster and becomes even stronger and the gap become even more.

Ysaran

Post#24 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:56 am

rocc wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:33 am
We can see in this forum a video youtube of dual where a slayer level 30 kill a chosen level 40 renom 80.
Well, that's happen because that chosen don't know how to play. It's not a balance issue, it's a skill one
Zputadenti

rocc

Post#25 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:36 pm

So fun. He don't know how play (renom >80) ... alway the same think : don't know how play, don't be alone always in wb, have a healer, have a guard, etc. and naturly only the white lion order know how play.

Edit : seriously the only problem of the chosen in the video is his shield. With rampage, block and parade are erased and not enough damage with his weapon. I had the same problem but no longer.

Direbloodykiller

Post#26 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:08 pm

rocc wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:36 pm So fun. He don't know how play (renom >80) ... alway the same think : don't know how play, don't be alone always in wb, have a healer, have a guard, etc. and naturly only the white lion order know how play.

Edit : seriously the only problem of the chosen in the video is his shield. With rampage, block and parade are erased and not enough damage with his weapon. I had the same problem but no longer.
High RR says nothing more then the player put time into the game, stating anything else is wrong (otherwise a certain WE would be good and not horrible).
I killed that chosen in the video on more then one occation... with my r27 WH...
This is ONLY a L2P issue (which in itself is rather ironic looking from the guild he is the leader of).

rocc

Post#27 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:53 am

I'm agree with you. High RR don't significate a very good player, just long time in this game.

My defensive tank with shield is easy to kill by a slayer or a whish hunter.
Because high parade, high block are canceled by all the attacks that erase them.
I give up my shield and now is different.