Recent Topics

Ads

Stop implementing stuff without even testing it

Let's talk about... everything else
Razumikin

Stop implementing stuff without even testing it

Post#1 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:38 am

So, its the second time i spent 40 mins or more defending last zone and when i try to joing fort i keep getting ported to capital.

If you dont know what you r doing, just dont do it.

Thank you.

Ads
TheFiend

Re: Stop implementing stuff without even testing it

Post#2 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:44 am

Hi Razumikin,

Be glad you can play in this server. Devs are trying hard to provide cool stuff.

Remember: it is Alpha.

See you!
HURT HEAL

Akalukz

Post#3 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:57 am

lol you do realize this is a "test" server by and large? Come on man.
-= Agony =-

larsulu
Suspended

Post#4 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:34 am

Razumikin wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:38 am So, its the second time i spent 40 mins or more defending last zone and when i try to joing fort i keep getting ported to capital.

If you dont know what you r doing, just dont do it.

Thank you.
You can even become a dev.
You really cry for 40 mins wasted in a mmo?
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

anarchypark

Post#5 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:17 am

you are a tester.

if you dont know what you r doing, just test the game.

Thank you.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Alfa1986

Post#6 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:17 am

and where should they test these changes if this is the only working server?)) do not forget that you do not pay for the game as on live. any changes, especially such large ones, require to be adjusted and corrected. but this changes really nice and necessary imo.

it is very similar to the fact that although the barrier in last zone is deleted, in reality, the cap and the contribution else exist, and the system ports people to IC who fall under the cap and dont have enough the contribution.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Flavorburst

Post#7 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:57 am

To be fair, there is a test server.

Y'all should apply to be real testers~

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:25 am

some things cannot be tested properly and sometimes there are misses.

The issue in this case was that I did a test myself but the check that was left (and forgotten) was excluding staff members.

Regardless as people pointed out this is an alpha server where tests will be made, yes we do have a test server but some tests are not done there due to scale or other reasons. Feel free to apply for helping on the test server but remember that anything on the test server is subject to change and NOT for discussion outside of staff and other testers.

Ads
Arthem

Post#9 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:06 pm

aLpHa SeRvEr.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#10 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:23 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13607

Section -B.

- B. Keep in mind the public server for this project is more a sandbox/proof of concept/test server than a feature-complete play server in this actual state of development.
Spoiler:
We can and will push untested code to this server. Issues will arise as a result, and you must accept this.

- According this, please don't complain. It is stressful enough for us when things don't work as intended. Whines and screams won't help us to make things better. Use the Bugtracker. Message a staff member (We have Discord too). BE POLITE.

- According this, the project does not use original game server code, and thus is feature incomplete and will have bugs. The server code is being rewritten from scratch, with no knowledge or documentation of the original Warhammer protocol besides some packet logs taken by volunteers before the live servers shut down. Therefore, there are going to be bugs and issues.

- According this, some of the bugs are crippling and difficult to fix. This is a problem with lack of understanding of the protocol, and it takes significant time and an element of luck to figure out the actual method for accomplishing a given task. For those who are uninitiated - we need to figure out the right information to send to the client, in the right order, at the right times, based on analysis of the original server's communication, which just looks like a string of bytes. This is not a simple task.