Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Re: Scenario Ques (T1-T4)

Post#11 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:44 am

ill chip in but take my feedback for what it is, im a warband player and dont do scenarios for either gear or fun.

I use scenarios for testing. If i theory craft a new tactic-lineup or have a proc i want to test, and scenarios to me is just the next best way after beating on dummies or going to CW with a guildie on his destro toon.

To be honest scenarios never meant anything in the bigger picture of the campaign, after they got removed from Victory point system for zonelocking. They didnt have any gear sets on Live, and scenario weapons got added rather late on AoR.

However, despite you can now get gearsets on RoR and get rewarded for playing your favorit type of pvp and avoid us warband blobing zerglings, this is not enough?

Are people really just not playing for fun. I can only speak for myself but when im doing my favorit pvp activity (in this case oRvR warband size) I lose track of renown gain and just have fun roaming and killing.

But when im queing for scenarios I feel both restricted to bringing a propper build or others will yell at me for testing new stuff out lol :roll: or ill be feeling forced to stand in the capical between pops to turn in quests, or ill be flying back and forth between victories to hand in the quest. Not to mention standing waiting for pops just feels like wasting consumables.

This is just my viewpoint as a warband player and why I havnt finished a single scenario set or weapon on any of my invader toons.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#12 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:12 am

wonshot wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:44 am
Are people really just not playing for fun. I can only speak for myself but when im doing my favorit pvp activity (in this case oRvR warband size) I lose track of renown gain and just have fun roaming and killing.
Well, the claim is that less people play scenario, because it didnt provide good gear anymore. So some people still play scenarios for fun, but many more zerg in open rvr for gear.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Goermsi

Post#13 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:41 am

wonshot wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:44 am or ill be feeling forced to stand in the capical between pops to turn in quests, or ill be flying back and forth ... Not to mention standing waiting for pops just feels like wasting consumables.
Destroying arguments!
And he is right.
The SC´s could be pushed a little to make it more attractive for the community. I for my part do not understand where the fun at the Zerg should be. little own contribution and nevertheless there is for bare presence a success experience. If my CHef would hold that only also in such a way, how cool would be!
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:51 am

Nefarian78 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:50 am
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:39 pm Now how long is the average scenario if you actually try to form groups and win?

Do you take the quests and turn them in right away?
Just wanted to reply about those two points

No organized group will ever go back to IC/Altdorf just for those quests. What about adding a scenario quest giver in every Warcamp? Maybe then, people will actually be able to turn in those quests
Better use the same npc who brings you the quest into SC´s, by this way when you enter to the next SC can turn the quest from the previous one...

notrandomatall

Post#15 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:43 am

I run a couple of scenarios a day just for fun and the queue times is fairly reasonable as an EU player and healer (if spec even matters). It's faily annoying getting farmed in scenarios by a premade as a pug group, but the pick up scenario solves that problem. Getting the badges for the pvp set seems like a long road though. On my newly leveled AM I got 2 pieces of conqueror and no pieces of dominator. I currently have Conqueror's medallion x18 and Conqueror's emblem x172. I've also bought a conquerors belt. During my time as rank 40 I've done at least 80% orvr and rest scenarios. So the actual time getting full dominator seems faily resonable in my opinion. Getting 1500 for the weapon though might seem a bit excessive in comparison how easy it's to get Subjugator.

If I compare Vanquisher vs Oppressor as a healer Oppressor actually seems easier to get. I currently have Vanquisher's emblems x55 and Oppressor x112. I've been trying to do forts as soon as I get the chance also.

This is just my 2 cents from a faily new player as my AM is actually my first rank 40.

Akalukz

Post#16 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:58 pm

wonshot wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:44 am
Spoiler:
ill chip in but take my feedback for what it is, im a warband player and dont do scenarios for either gear or fun.

I use scenarios for testing. If i theory craft a new tactic-lineup or have a proc i want to test, and scenarios to me is just the next best way after beating on dummies or going to CW with a guildie on his destro toon.

To be honest scenarios never meant anything in the bigger picture of the campaign, after they got removed from Victory point system for zonelocking. They didnt have any gear sets on Live, and scenario weapons got added rather late on AoR.

However, despite you can now get gearsets on RoR and get rewarded for playing your favorite type of pvp and avoid us warband blobing zerglings, this is not enough?
Are people really just not playing for fun. I can only speak for myself but when I'm doing my favorite pvp activity (in this case oRvR warband size) I lose track of renown gain and just have fun roaming and killing.

But when im queuing for scenarios I feel both restricted to bringing a propper build or others will yell at me for testing new stuff out lol :roll: or ill be feeling forced to stand in the capital between pops to turn in quests, or ill be flying back and forth between victories to hand in the quest. Not to mention standing waiting for pops just feels like wasting consumables.

This is just my viewpoint as a Warband player and why I haven't finished a single scenario set or weapon on any of my invader toons.
Pretty much this, i play in blocks of 1-3 hrs etc. I do not want to wait in the city for a scenario pop for 45 mins (times may vary) so I can turn in a quest, there are multiple nights where I don't get a single scenario pop. You may want to look into unlocking the currency based on Renown Rank, as I still get Conq from scenario quests but then get the next one higher for the wins... Additionally, not being able to queue in a Warband is an issue for people, i understand (i think) why you changed it, but it hits. Add that to the fact that as a solo/duo player, it's 90% of the time pugs vs premade, you can call it what you want, but it's the truth plain and simple. Although in certain scenarios this is less of an issue than others.

To answer a question, I was able to step into Conq gear at 40/50 which is when I turned LVL 40. Primarily lvling through RvR, with the last 5 lvls coming with the 2x EXP week. Some of that was because I was able to amass different medallions throughout the RvR fight, from officer - Invader, whereas the scenario currency is much more tightly controlled, of course, that could be because of the frequency of play.... So when you take the amount of time I play with the chance of actually gaining emblems if just queueing scenarios for 1-3 hrs (I win about 50%) and say I play 7 scenarios that give me what 30ish emblems, with about an hour or so of solid playtime... vs going into the lakes and being "busy' the whole time, maybe not gaining more medallions overall.. but the time spent was more engaging. For me, it's not the reward, its the activity and level of engagement Sitting around for 30 or more mins waiting for a scenario is boring as hell. Plain and simple. if scenarios are popping back to back, they can for sure be a lot of fun, until you get paired against the same premade 2-3 times in a row, then it's time for something else as again the activity is not fun. Don't focus on the reward (Equipment) but rather focus on the enjoyment factor of the scenarios, because I believe a vast majority of people find them less than fun. It may be because it generally requires a high lvl of gaming skill, not sure, I love the game, love the effort people put into things, but the scenario wait/grind/matchup makes them less than fun. (on a side note, the scenarios 16-31?) seem way more appealing and generally seem to be closer fights over all... may want to see what the difference is there.
-= Agony =-

agemennon675

Post#17 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:45 pm

#MakeScenariosGreat
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Akalukz

Post#18 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:57 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:45 pm #MakeScenariosGreat2020
Fixed it for ya :)
-= Agony =-

Ads
Lithenir

Post#19 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:59 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:51 am
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:39 pm Now how long is the average scenario if you actually try to form groups and win?

Do you take the quests and turn them in right away?

No organized group will ever go back to IC/Altdorf just for those quests. What about adding a scenario quest giver in every Warcamp? Maybe then, people will actually be able to turn in those quests
Better use the same npc who brings you the quest into SC´s, by this way when you enter to the next SC can turn the quest from the previous one...
Nice idea but it wouldnt work really well. Let's just say you win the last sc of the night and the other day is patch day and the sc got rotated out. So now you have a completed Quest you can't turn in, because the sc isn't available. I still have some active but not completed quests from sc's who are not available right now.

I really do prefer the solution Nefarian gave. Just put these SC quest givers in every Warcamp. I myself am more of a sc/small scale RvR player. It might have a lot to do with my class (WL) but I always liked it more. So I now have the choice to wait in Altdorf for the ques and turn in quests right away or to run in the lakes and do some fighting. But I would have to fly to Altdorf immediatly after winning a sc. That's just impractical and annoying. Since I play Warhammer and not Waithammer I run in the RvR Areas and do sc's. Maybe we would get more sc players in the RvR Areas doing que waiting time with just this little change on the quest givers. This way we might decrease the blob as well.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#20 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:10 pm

Lithenir wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:59 pm
emiliorv wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:51 am

Nice idea but it wouldnt work really well. Let's just say you win the last sc of the night and the other day is patch day and the sc got rotated out. So now you have a completed Quest you can't turn in, because the sc isn't available. I still have some active but not completed quests from sc's who are not available right now.
Sorry if i didnt explain properly....i mean, the same NPC for all quests (like the one at main city/capital). Think if the same NPC in IC was at every SC and you can take/turn all quests to him...