Recent Topics

Ads

Fort rewards- bug or by design?

Let's talk about... everything else
Karl

Fort rewards- bug or by design?

Post#1 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:25 am

Hiya, just a quick question here - asked ingame but getting lots of deferent replys:)
If i join a fort battle in a late phase, ie the doors are allready down, don't i get any renown points or medals? I get a loot roll eventho it's a really bad one.

Is the outcome of rp and medals (the 4 "granted" ones) depending on which side im on i this case - the winning or losing side? If i'm attacking or defending?

Two times in a row if joined the attacking side when there has been some 20 min left of last stage and we have lost and i'm not getting rewards - so: bug or by design? (If by design i can't seem to find any resaon to join in a late stage) :)

Kind regards
K

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Fort rewards- bug or by design?

Post#2 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:44 am

joining late in p3 can net you rewards but its harder. The reasoning here is that you need contribution over a certain point to get rewards. Its intended that you need that amount of contribution for any rewards but I heard that is not functioning and is something I will dig deeper into.

Karl

Post#3 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:39 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:44 am joining late in p3 can net you rewards but its harder. The reasoning here is that you need contribution over a certain point to get rewards. Its intended that you need that amount of contribution for any rewards but I heard that is not functioning and is something I will dig deeper into.
Thx for the reply Nath, keep up the great work!

K

OndeTv

Post#4 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:55 am

Natherul wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:44 am joining late in p3 can net you rewards but its harder. The reasoning here is that you need contribution over a certain point to get rewards. Its intended that you need that amount of contribution for any rewards but I heard that is not functioning and is something I will dig deeper into.
There has been a lot of issues with rewards in general lately Nath. This goes for:

- renown gains being different for people in the same supposed "contribution bracket" on zone flips and fort ends.
- currency (medallions) earned in orvr (sometimes missing completely)
- bags earned in orvr (contribution in zones and or sieges - heck special mention here: The past couple of days i have even gotten bags in my mail on my marauder, from zones i didn't participate in at all)

Bottom line: Something odd is going on out of the ordinary weird range.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

anarchypark

Post#5 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:45 am

OndeTv wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:55 am There has been a lot of issues with rewards in general lately Nath. This goes for:

- renown gains being different for people in the same supposed "contribution bracket" on zone flips and fort ends.
contribution is sum of many actions. renown is just one section of them.
same contribution doesn't mean same renown reward.

- currency (medallions) earned in orvr (sometimes missing completely)
last zone defence lock reward 1 invader medal.
for every defenders in the zone.

- bags earned in orvr (contribution in zones and or sieges - heck special mention here: The past couple of days i have even gotten bags in my mail on my marauder, from zones i didn't participate in at all)
mail title shows wrong name of zone.
1 zone lock delayed i think.
for example,
you had contribution in zone A. log b4 lock.
after A lock, campaign progress to zone B and C locks.
upon login you get reward mail of zone A but with name of zone B. or C.

reward is correct.
haven't checked bugtracker.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

OndeTv

Post#6 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:09 am

@anarchypark:

Apart from the wrong labeled zone in mail (which i haven't had or at least noticed until recently), you are not saying anything i do not know already.

I should think i've played long enough on the server by now to be able to tell the difference between the normal "wonkyness" of the server, f ex server rollback/campaign reset on fort take and no renown or bag rolls which is just something that we have to deal with and accept. Otherwise i wouldn't post about it. But since it is a matter not easily "proven" given the many (and hidden) variables, all i can do is chime in since Natherul seems to be aware that some related mechanics might not be working correctly at the moment.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~