Recent Topics

Ads

If you lose to zergs thats your own fault folks!

Let's talk about... everything else
jasonX
Suspended

If you lose to zergs thats your own fault folks!

Post#1 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:24 pm

I have been tired of reading whole pages of tears over zerging and devs trying to babysit people by attempting to provide a golden solution over this issue so let me give you my 2 cents.

First of all, STOP looking for game-mechanic-based solutions regarding zerging. No dev solution is going to resolve this problem. It will only make people more persistent to find workarounds. Actually it is not really even a problem, its how things work in a competitive environment when peeps get beat up too much.

The solutions lies just ahead of you.
Before whining over the enemy faction zerging try to see what you are doing wrong and you are getting wiped by a zerg.

Below you can find some helpful guidelines:

-Organize into proper grps and warbands and follow a proper tactical and strategic plan.
This game rocks because it has an open world environment with cliffs, waterfalls, tight bridges, open fields, crypts (I could go on forever talking over the variables that can affect the outcome of a battle in Warhammer Online).

-Do not follow pug leaders just because they allow you to go semi-afk every 2 minutes. This is not efficient at all. You are bound to be farmed even by <40 warbands with basic discord coordination. Especially Destro side is so bound to follow such leaders the past 2 months. If you fail while doing that keep in mind that its YOUR FAULT, its not the Order zerging.

-TRUST LEADERS WITH IMAGINATION AND TACTICAL SKILLS, NOT LEADERS WITH SOCIAL SKILLS.
Should you want to become such a leader maybe you should read a bit how humanity dealt with ZERGING throughout history. Here are some resources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Marathon

I cannot help you with the imagination part. You get to acquire that skill as a kid. Blame your parents and this f@%#ed up society if you dont have it at a proper level.

-Follow strategies that will lure enemies to different areas in the same map or in other maps. Push zones that are low on population towards to their fort. Trust me... they will come to defend and they will not be readily buckled in their keep walls with 20000 rdps.

-Push 2 forts at the same time so they cannot stack 1000000 aoe rdps and 20000 tanks to block the bottom floor of the fort. 20% aao cannot help in a fort if the enemy has proper organized warband defending bottom floor (unless u got solar flare but even then its hard)

For now zergs move on a direct line as a blob. Its fairly easy to beat them IF YOUR LEADER JUST HAS SKILLS AND IMAGINATION and if there are more than 1 organized warbands online coordinating.

In Whispers of Mutiny we have put many strategies like that into effect resulting in crushing enemy Order zergs numerous times.
Many of you should be able to recall the condition the Order faction had been put into before the summer. Tactics and strategies work.

Zergs are mindless.
If you play mindlessly as well, you will never beat them. You will keep crying on the devs about population balance, they will implement changes that will force xrealmers to switch faction to benefit from the changes and this will only provide a short term solution.

The sequence is easy:

Organize in discord warbands> Appoint proper leaders> Follow those leaders into the depths of hell> Obtain a clear and undeniable objective> Accept death as an outcome> fail> repeat> Win
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Ads
Plaguewall

Re: If you lose to zergs thats your own fault folks!

Post#2 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:08 am

Thank you for the insightful input. If I lead an aforementioned pug, I will endeavor to use some level of strategy to achieve victory.

Plague/Kulture

madrocks
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:59 am

Good bane!
Lutz

jonhyw

Post#4 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:26 pm

Nice post.
Jonhyww: 83 BW
Johnyw: 76 WP
Melnikk: 76 KOBTS
Lail: 81 Sorc
Melnik: 81 Chosen
Jonhyw: 76 Dok
Igotyou: 70 Marauder
Rhin 68 SH

GpuBW
Banned

Post#5 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:02 pm

its actually so jokes how you lot write 10, 000 word thesis on zerg/fort/large scale rvr when it simply revolves around 'spam aoe, outnumber enemy, hurr durr'.

so funny

carlos

Post#6 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:36 pm

Nice one Gitbane!
Starfkr

Grock

Post#7 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:10 am

GpuBW wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:02 pm its actually so jokes how you lot write 10, 000 word thesis on zerg/fort/large scale rvr when it simply revolves around 'spam aoe, outnumber enemy, hurr durr'.

so funny
come on, you aren't even trying :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

jasonX
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:00 pm

GpuBW wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:02 pm its actually so jokes how you lot write 10, 000 word thesis on zerg/fort/large scale rvr when it simply revolves around 'spam aoe, outnumber enemy, hurr durr'.

so funny
All I can remember is Order side massively zerging till late February this year.
It was at that time when me and some friends chose to switch to destro and organize the chaos. You may recall what happened next.....
Up until summer Order zergs were not a thing anymore, Destro was steamrolling and we were doing double forts all day gearing up our 4rth alt with invader.

You have to think big to conduct strategic warfare. Success is not only judged in a few standoffs.
If you really want to beat your enemy you have to crush their spirit, drain their will to fight and eventually make them log out.

To achieve that you require persistence, resilience, discipline and cunning leadership. Pugs dont have that. Thats why mindless zergs usually get crushed historically by smaller forces that posses the above characteristics.

I can still remember some small minded bitter destro calling us "zone throwers" for allowing the enemy faction to reach our fort and crush them there on a defense. What those folks could not realize was that after a crushing defeat the Order zerg would massively logout and that would give us a window of opportunity to attack. It worked.... numerous times.

That was the simplest example of our overall strategy.
I can assure you our strategic plan was always more complicated and always had the same objective: Give Order hope and then brutally take it back.
Zergs are not resilient to withstand that. Hell some guilds are not resilient enough to constantly withstand that. If I could summarize our guild's strategy in a minute the following video is perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1arXEeHp5V8

Dont get me wrong, we love good competition. Crushing pugs is only a means to an end part of which is to force them to join proper enemy guilds and pose a serious and challenging threat. That is why I often supported in forums that Order players should enlist in big order guilds like VII.

At the moment the destro side is Zerging (usually) and Order complain about that.
Please, just try forming strong guilds, appoint the proper people to the right commanding ranks, use discord and put your brain function on.
Use our strategy! I laid it out freely for you! Trust me it works! I know it will not affect our guild, we have a strong core, badass leadership and some A ranked players. Still Order following that strategy will help the destro faction get more serious as well. And that favors us all.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Post#9 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:13 pm

All this textwall is only about: if y want to defeat the zerg you must be more organised then zerg. And all this blind evolution prevent players from joing to this game. Why dont retake
Lord and rest mobs from keeps/fort ? When y can attack in six ppl one keep y dont need wb to defend...
But now y just need to join nameless army as nameless ants. Y dont count as induviduality in this project specially as destro.

normanis

Post#10 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:50 pm

termopilae and marathon where fights in narrow pasege , where persians cant use their horses. also all grece is full of mountains and its easer make army between 2 mountains take top of mountain and force enemy attack u in taht position. persians could deafeat phalanh if persians choosed battlefield.
for example romans legio defeated phalanx
macabeis jew revolt against seileicides defeated phalanx
good book also is ksenofonts anabase
there where more than 300 spartans there where also 2-3k hoplites from spartan allie polises. and persians wasnt 1-2 million maby 50-100k ( most army , and weapons sinked in sea before batle)
byt back to topic well as pug player on destro/order side my class is not whanted if i am not tank sorc/bw ( they are priority), so basicly ather classes go solo or join some pug where is 1-3 heals and 2 tanks. i always taking screens in pug wbs - evidence. its good there is greenskin/dwarf wb atleast u are welcome byt what to do if play non whanted class??? pugs anyway wills tack with fmj + pnp so they become 5 wb and order elite wb whant fight 1vs1 . its get bored if u all time face 5+ wbs.
p.s i like the best when inner dor is 50% and i ask what we will do wich floor defend, and answer is 1/2/3 byt 1wb is in first and 2 is in 3 floor. and some is afk. between order wb leaders are not singleminded what to do next. ( mostly i think ppl give up keep)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"