Recent Topics

Ads

1-man guilds and dead guilds

Let's talk about... everything else
Arthem

Re: 1-man guilds and dead guilds

Post#11 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:48 am

I guess there needs to be a motivation to do so. Who in their right minds would recommend their friends come to this game and form a real guild with the game in its current state? We have relationships to maintain! A year ago, maybe. A series of decision have led the game to being a shadow of what it once was, and you would have to explain to old players that it is no longer the PvP-centric game it used to be. A lot of PvPers have given up and as you see reside in 1-man guilds with no motivation to build upon them.

Ads
bichka

Post#12 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:16 am

TiberiusD wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:40 am In my 1.8 years of Return of Reckoning i was a lot of people on both sides playing in guilds with maximum 4-5 men online. I saw a lot of guilds representede by only one person and guilds which are inactive for a long time.
Not to mention the fact that in the past 3 weeks i saw some people trying to form their own guilds.

Why the small/dead guilds are not merging to a bigger one? While i was in WBs i saw people from those guilds joining. While doing SCs i saw people from other guilds join in parties. Why not merge to a specific guild and go all together inatead of havin 7-8 people from 7-8 diferent guilds?

City Sieges will come soon, now the Renown competition is in place, new content will be brought also.

When i see people in /5 which are trying to form a giild i asked them: "why to form a new one when you can join an existing one with a bigger player roster"?

To summarize: why there are so many max 10-men guild and why a lot of guilds are dead?
- almost nobody need my WE/WH, those who don't care usually just pug guild without any groups in mind. I am not ready to pay taxes just for guild chat.
- not sure if there limits for amount of flag carriers in guild on this server, but i want to use flags in scs. Melee dps flag, not just random pve or renown one. That was a reason for me to form guild on live. 15%of str is kinda noticable when all other stats is maxed. (here 5% is max atm, not really worth)

thats why i have personal guild with 0% taxes.
anyway i don't get why others have anything>0%. there no point to claim keeps without boosting guards or usable altar.
guild storage? almost anything in this game what worth to store is BOP. anything else can be mailed for salvaging/whatever.

WeGotThis

Post#13 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:03 pm

Only playing solo or 3-6 man... No need for a big guild. I want to get the best out of myself.
Standing infront of a keep and holing shieldwall doesnt fit my playstyle...

Some people become kind of "brain-dead" (no offence)...
But sometimes i get zerged by one of this big guilds out there, on the other hand i had 1 v 4 last week(2x rr)
and 4 members of this guild attacked me...

~2 minuts, 55k renown and a Quadrakill later i noticed, playing the way i do fit's for me ;)

Not everyone wants to zerg, so don't blame people in small guild. :P

Gracely

Post#14 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:13 pm

I dont bother with guilds/clans etc, just pug and solo/duo. Many years of organising and being organised wore me out.