Recent Topics

Ads

Pierce Defenses builds?

Let's talk about... everything else
zatoh

Pierce Defenses builds?

Post#1 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:20 pm

Suppose you wanted a supportive ORVR build that focuses on being able to safely apply the Pierce Defenses debuff (-15% parry, dodge, block) to as many targets as possible. Which class would be the best for this? As far as I know only SW, Engi and SH have this tactic so that leaves SW and Engi for order side.

SW:
-Lileath's arrow? Maybe it applies PD to all targets that dodged. I'm not sure about this, whether it works. In any case the range is limited.
-Split Arrows, aka Spaghetti Arrows. With Powerful Draw the range is quite decent and can be spammed fast. The AoE is rather small though. I would also guess that if the initial target avoids the attack, the AoE doesn't trigger.
-Those are it for the relevant AoE abilities, I think.

Engineer:
-As we know, engi is the king of spamming silly AoE dots around, but I have had conflicting reports on whether attacks like Acid Bomb can spread PD.
-In any case, engi gets some nice range bonuses from grenadier tactic and gun turret which should allow for some safe spamming to the frontline.
-Engineer also has way better group support stuff, including keg and Extra Ammo.

What do you think?
Is there a better way to reduce enemy avoidance stats, in general?

Ads
Glorian

Re: Pierce Defenses builds?

Post#2 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:30 pm

We use it on a Bad Engineer.
Meaning an Engi with Flame Turret and Blunderbuss Blast and the lowest possible BS on that engi, so that the enemy Block/Dodges everything and thus apply the debuff.
As Flame Turret increase range of Blunderbuss +50% and increase AoE Cap from 9 to a lot more.

On a SW is more difficult as he has not so well designed spammable AoE attacks.
2 Sec casstime Lileaths Arrow, or 10sec cooldown Barrage.
Maybe using Split Arrow as a tactic for spiral Fledged Arrow to make it into an Aoe attack and the possibility to apply it on 98feet.
But the last one hasn't been tested by me. Maybe try it on some npcs with a healer.

Collateral

Re: Pierce Defenses builds?

Post#3 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Sw is really bad class for rvr, but if someone really wants to play it, there's bot much more than this build. You could probably go for leading shots or bullseye if you don't need stats from instinctive aim (but its a pretty good tactic). Ideally you would be using focused mind as often as possible so you can spam lileaths arrow. Basically you're a one button class, and not a very good one at that.

With steady aim and m2 up, if everything stacks as it should, I think LA should be a 1s cast with +50% crit. That would be your only moment of 'burst'. If you're using bullsueye you could get even more crit, if it stacks.

If pd reduced disrupt instead of parry, it would be soo much better.