Recent Topics

Ads

Thoughness Nerf

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

Thoughness Nerf

Post#1 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:42 am

It's like 6 month that often i hear about some "Thoughness Nerf" but since now no one is been able to tell me exactly how it is been nerfed. Someone out there can tell me how thoughness was nerfed and explain me the math behind this nerf?

P.s: please refrain youself from posting unless you can put some number on the table
Zputadenti

Ads
Gangan

Re: Thoughness Nerf

Post#2 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:51 am

If I remember correctly it was "nerfed" in some extreme situations where the incoming DMG was reduced to 1 by stacking very high amounts of thougness. Mainly by skills or morals.
Now if the DMG would be reduced to 1 the reduction through thougness is capped at 75% (might be a different value, not sure about that) . But only in those cases, in all other situations the full thougness reduction is applied.
Also don't forget that the thougness mitigation is calculated before armour/resistance.

At least thats how I understood it. 😅
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Sulorie

Post#3 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:58 am

Nothing wrong with getting toughness up to 1050. Imagine how often you get single digit damage hits. Those were edge cases.
Dying is no option.

Haskr

Post#4 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:02 am

Ysaran wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:42 am It's like 6 month that often i hear about some "Thoughness Nerf" but since now no one is been able to tell me exactly how it is been nerfed. Someone out there can tell me how thoughness was nerfed and explain me the math behind this nerf?

P.s: please refrain youself from posting unless you can put some number on the table
The toughness before the change did not have a cap on it, that meant that you could actually reduce some damage to 1 (damage can't be reduced to zero (except if you count 'absorb' as zero) so it was reduced to one).

This was foremost the case with small damage numbers, so if you were a deftank with 900+ toughness it meant that from that toughness alone you would mitigate almost 200 damage, so if somebody attacked you that didn't have a lot of points in his mainstat, you would barely feel getting hit at all, getting hit only by really small numbers, as he needed to provide a lot of damage to even reach your cap (of course against real dps you would still get hit by a lot as they had other means to mitigate your defenses and could push high damage numbers).

The change was that you could now only mitigate 75% of your damage with toughness (instead of no cap).

I only leveled a blackguard since the toughness change, and what I noticed was that I got a lot of 'small' damage numbers (ranging from 10 to 100 dmg for example) that you wouldn't have gotten before the change.
Sometimes it even felt that I was getting 'eaten up' by those small numbers, which is of course more in a smallscale or even solo environment, as any healer can heal it up quickly.

I don't know if there was a toughness cap on live as I didn't play it that long, the only thing I noticed being a downside was on shaman who gets a pretty big toughness buff in his heal tree, due to the change that buff got a bit more turned down.

iagdtod

Post#5 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:46 am

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=29654&p=337654&hil ... ss#p337654
For the patch notes, it s as the previous post said but you can check here if you like for Natherul explaining it.
Deleuze Chosen

Ysaran

Post#6 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:22 am

for what i can get it doesn't seems a big nerf if you play in proper set up (i.e. with a healer) or am i missing something?
Zputadenti

WExWH

Post#7 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:25 pm

There was a issue with dot, thougness didn't work ended with high damage from class which deal a toon of damage from dot like am/sham. Probably not fixed yet

Ysaran

Post#8 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:32 pm

What's the problem with the dots?
Zputadenti

Ads
WExWH

Post#9 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:14 pm

If a ability had a str/int/bs multiplier it supposed to be countered by the toughness. before/atm? dot isn't affected by thougness

Uchoo

Post#10 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Does anyone have more definitive insight into Toughness vs dots? Dots are one of highest sources of damage I take across all characters currently.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8