Recent Topics

Ads

[Scenario] Collecting Data I : scenarios selection IG

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: If all the scenarios were "interesting" and frequent. (multiple answers possible)

-I tag all sc by default, cause i want to play the first sc popping. Don't wanna waste my time. A sc is a sc.
37%
-I tag all sc by default, but depending the sc popping, i don't take it. It reassures me to see that it pops, and depending my mood...
3%
-I tag all sc by default, but i exclude 1 or 2 because i really don't like it. There is a risk to wait more, but i prefer quality.
43%
-I tag only one sc, the PUG one. Cause it is supposed to pops more often and i don't wanna waste my time.
13%
-I tag only one sc, the 6v6 one, even it may take lot of time to find opponents.
4%
-I tag only one sc, the one i prefer, even i know i'm gonna wait a lot...
1%
Total votes: 168

blechkautz

Re: [Scenario] Collecting Datas I : scenarios selection IG

Post#11 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:27 am

Ashoris wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:59 am
Yaliskah wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:57 am
Purpose is to understand if the players share the same operating mode.

This first poll is about the scenario selection.

When tagging a scenario, you have the choice between a panel of scenarios. Imagine that all the proposed scenarios are "interesting", do you tag for a single one? for all? for some?
Hi,

can you clarify the question ? is that a daily poll ? or should i just check everything ?
Because all of the options are valid and queueing can be very different depending on the circumstances.
Am i Grped, solo or smallmen ?
Are there decent players queueing for everything ?
What do I play
What do i Want (emblems or just Fun)

Yes i queue "6vs6 only" if other grps are queueing too and there is a chance of a balanced fight.
Yes i queue "PuG only" if iam solo and the other side hast too much premades up.
Yes i queue "all Scenarios" if there is a chance of winning (not if the only dps in the last 4 Scs is a Tinkerer engi paired with too much tanks).
Yes i remove certain SCs sometimes ( because of no fun at all, or matchup issues)
This shows the problem of the poll imo. Make different polls for each type of queue (solo/duo, 3-5 man and full group) and give more options on the I exclude 1 or 2 (like i don't like the scenario mechanic, it's bad for our setup like GoE for ranged, it's 6v6,...). Also make it Ingame to reach more/all people.
I have choosen "I exclude one or two" (like Thundervalley allways and some other cause of our setup) and "I queue only 6v6" because that happens from time to time if we just had a 6v6 pop and want to rematch. But queueing only 6v6 all the time is useless, since it has priority (a good thing imo!) and you'll just wait all evening for nothing if nobody else queues.

Ads
rulke32

Post#12 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:23 am

it is not so easy to find the correct answer

in short.

i que all sc and when there is a premade on other side and i loose 2-3 sc in a row i que only pug sc and when there is no pop after sometime i log off because i dont like to play rvr.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#13 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:26 am

PUG Lifer here. Only SC I exclude is Stonetroll. Just don't like it at all. That and sometimes any SC where I notice a premade is playing it over and over to farm noobs.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Nefarian78

Post#14 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:34 am

Usually queue for everything while doing 6mans but when i'm soloing i'd rather die than to play a Stonetroll or Talabec.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

jhwieser

Post#15 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:25 pm

How can you see in game which scenario is the PUG scenario? I did not realize this was a thing.
84 BG
4x IB

Sulorie

Post#16 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:59 pm

jhwieser wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:25 pm How can you see in game which scenario is the PUG scenario? I did not realize this was a thing.
Just type ".pug" in chat without "".
Dying is no option.

Muurloen

Post#17 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:49 pm

I genuinely dislike Logrim's and High Pass Cemetery and excluded them as quickly as possible.
Muurlat DazKrom - Slayer RR8*
Kmuurlat Von Krom - Knight RR8*

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#18 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:09 pm

Hoy!! To answer you, there is no good or bad answer first :). Just wanted to know/confirm there was a general process using scenario manager.

The purpose of it is to extract your "ritual" with the actual mechanics and see in which way it fits.

For exemple, in the light of actual answers, we see players don't really care about the scenario they gonna have IF this scenario is good enough (subjective ofc) > If we had only one scenario everyone like at an instant T and no random rotation, it wouldn't change anything for players.

Not saying this is a direction we are gonna push or not, but this kind of information is important for many reasons :
- It can have a real impact on sc frenquency > focusing on population more than on scenarios itself and propose a sc suitable for size of player pool.
- It can maybe improve at some level matchmaking > More players in the same pool whatever the scenario means a more flexible way to compose teams.
- It could give us the possibility to forget the principle of sc rotation as it is actually. (Not saying, set the same old scenario ever and ever!)

In the end, all these collected data, will give us some answer/validation to design solutions (who can be radically different than the actual general mechanics), bringing better answers to multiple issues.

Thats not a secret, we plan to start to focus on Scenarios. Some will ask " why so late!?". Reason is simple. These 5 last years, we focused on the "essential" content (understand : non instanced or general mechanics when it is about instanced content). Today, most of it is deployed (and still need improvements, but it is playable) and the list of what is missing is more or less in the pipes.

Scenario have been considered as a "minigame" cause their impact on the non-instanced game was indirect and related to rewards. Defining the quality of a game by its reward is just stupid in my opinion. When a game is good, no one care about rewards, cause the best reward is the fun you can have playing it.

Maybe is it time to think bigger about it and not just "fixing" it.

Personally, I do not like to put a bandage on a bad wound. Not gonna make a promise, but will try my best with the team to restore the sparkle of scenarios. Gonna take time, small steps, and fails, but if we don't try we will never know... :)

There will be multiple steps. Much more than you seems to imagine to make something -maybe- good or atleast a little better. You think "i like" / "i dislike", but amount of parameters are far far beyond this.

Ads
Toonman

Post#19 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:10 pm

When I still played I would TAG all except Thunder Valley and the 6v6 SC. If SC still popped like they used to pre-fort/que change and gear costs looked at, I would still be sitting in IC all day err day queing SC.

Phantasm

Re: [Scenario] Collecting Data I : scenarios selection IG

Post#20 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:33 am

Any chance to stop separating pool of players doing scs atm from pool of players doing RvR?
Like sc quests and reward guy - cant be the same guy? Why guys doing scs must stand afk in IC/Altdorf?