Recent Topics

Ads

Setback/snares/knockdown - What does it mean and how does it work

Let's talk about... everything else
ChicagoJoe

Setback/snares/knockdown - What does it mean and how does it work

Post#1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:17 pm

I'm not sure if I have a clear understanding on the game mechanics with these items

What tactics impact your ability to be knockdown snares or knocked back?

I see some destro toons as immune to snares or punts. Is that a tactic or a short term immunity ability like juggernaut?

There are some that grant immunity for a period thereafter (can't get immediately pulled twice) and some that will snare regardless.

Anyone able to point out where I can find information on this?
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads
bctakhy

Re: Setback/snares/knockdown - What does it mean and how does it work

Post#2 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:36 pm

Set bonus proc?

Grock

Post#3 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:45 pm

Every knockdown, silence, disarm and stagger effect puts "Unstoppable" buff on the target that prevents all these effects. Duration is up to 30 seconds, depends on effect's duration.

Every knockback, pull and root puts "Immovable" effect that prevents roots and knockbacks/pulls. Duration is also up to 30s.

Melee classes have an ability that makes them immune to Roots and Snares for 10 second, and removes all such effects present at the cast. It does not protect against knockbacks though.

Some classes have abilities that give them (or the group) short timed CC immunity, but im not sure how that works exactly.

Dwarf racial tactic Stoutness of Stone reduces duration of Knockdowns and Staggers by 50% (but nothing else)
Ironbreaker has a tactic that reduces Snare duration(also 50% i think), but im not sure if other classes have it.

There's also Sentinel set proc (for melee dps i think?) that reduces duration of CC, but im not sure how it works exactly.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ysaran

Post#4 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:00 pm

in addition to ^ i would say that snare doesn't trigger any immunity and thus you are snared most of the time
Zputadenti

Gangan

Post#5 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:14 pm

Juggernaut only removes an active root/snare, but does not grant immunity (beside regular root immunity). So typically you jugger out of a snare, only to be snared a moment later again, e.g by standing in a snare-puddle of am/sham.

BO and SM have both a mastery-skill that grants their group a 3sec immunity to CC. Not sure though if anyone runs this.

M2 Focused Mind removes snare/root/silence/disarm and grants 10sec immunity.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Grock

Post#6 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:19 pm

PeonAtWork wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:02 pm
Grock wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:45 pm There's also Sentinel set proc (for melee dps i think?) that reduces duration of CC, but im not sure how it works exactly.
It's limited to tanks and works essentially like an actual immunity, it additionally removes pre-existing snares/roots.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

WExWH

Post#7 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:36 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:19 pm
Grock wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:45 pm There's also Sentinel set proc (for melee dps i think?) that reduces duration of CC, but im not sure how it works exactly.
It's limited to tanks and works essentially like an actual immunity, it additionally removes pre-existing snares/roots.
during the proc sent, kd duration last 33% less, 3sec kd>2sc kd with the proc sent

bichka

Post#8 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:25 pm

WExWH wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:36 pm

during the proc sent, kd duration last 33% less, 3sec kd>2sc kd with the proc sent
lol, i wonder if it stacks with thier race tactic. 1s kd? hahaha
more funny thing if set proc proccing on gamble (if i remember skill name correctly, i mean this one which adds additional damage, but damaging slayer too). Hello permabuff :)

Ads
Ysaran

Post#9 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:41 pm

bichka wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:25 pm
WExWH wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:36 pm
lol, i wonder if it stacks with thier race tactic. 1s kd? hahaha
more funny thing if set proc proccing on gamble (if i remember skill name correctly, i mean this one which adds additional damage, but damaging slayer too). Hello permabuff :)
No Reckless Gamble doesn't trigger any bonus
Zputadenti