Recent Topics

Ads

Another complaint about domination

Let's talk about... everything else
Aethilmar

Re: Another complaint about domination

Post#31 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:58 am

Dabbart wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:08 am ^^^ That's actually a whole lot of BLAH, that has nothing to do with anything other than; your opinion, what you think, based on your game-play perspective, and to just flat remove Dom. This sucks BLAH. The BLAH being the ramble portion of your post.

Also I wasn't actually targeting you with my initial post, more the constant stream of posts on this forum that largely offer nothing useful. Other than, "this sucks, BLAH".

Note, I aint perfect. I bitch and moan with the rest of 'em. But... At least try to be constructive. Offer an alternative, not an inner monologue. You used the word "constructive" but didn't offer anything...
I laid out exactly the economic motivations of why people farm SCs: emblems (for gear), renown (for RR) and tears (for personal enjoyment in another's suffering). The "solution" of domination timers is an attempt to mitigate some or all of the the above behaviors while maintaining the fun. If you do not have a clear idea of what the root causes are, then there is no chance to fix it.

I'm assuming the goal is not to stop emblem farming because gear progression is one of the goals of this game and, quite frankly, it is harder to get SC gear than PvE gear.

I'm also assuming (based on previous comments along the way) that preventing excessive renown farming is a goal. A solution to that are hard caps.

As for tears, you can't fix human nature. Some group of people are going to do that for shits and grins. I'm stating, flat out as a person who solo queues pretty much 100% of the time, that I would prefer to occasionally be farmed than to have scenarios where we are legitimately fighting but just outmatched be cut short by some arbitrary mechanic based on kill count (which is especially harmful in objective based scenarios).

Constructive enough?

Ads
Dabbart

Post#32 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:50 am

Spoiler:
Aethilmar wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:58 am
Dabbart wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:08 am ^^^ That's actually a whole lot of BLAH, that has nothing to do with anything other than; your opinion, what you think, based on your game-play perspective, and to just flat remove Dom. This sucks BLAH. The BLAH being the ramble portion of your post.

Also I wasn't actually targeting you with my initial post, more the constant stream of posts on this forum that largely offer nothing useful. Other than, "this sucks, BLAH".

Note, I aint perfect. I bitch and moan with the rest of 'em. But... At least try to be constructive. Offer an alternative, not an inner monologue. You used the word "constructive" but didn't offer anything...
I laid out exactly the economic motivations of why people farm SCs: emblems (for gear), renown (for RR) and tears (for personal enjoyment in another's suffering). The "solution" of domination timers is an attempt to mitigate some or all of the the above behaviors while maintaining the fun. If you do not have a clear idea of what the root causes are, then there is no chance to fix it.

I'm assuming the goal is not to stop emblem farming because gear progression is one of the goals of this game and, quite frankly, it is harder to get SC gear than PvE gear.

I'm also assuming (based on previous comments along the way) that preventing excessive renown farming is a goal. A solution to that are hard caps.

As for tears, you can't fix human nature. Some group of people are going to do that for shits and grins. I'm stating, flat out as a person who solo queues pretty much 100% of the time, that I would prefer to occasionally be farmed than to have scenarios where we are legitimately fighting but just outmatched be cut short by some arbitrary mechanic based on kill count (which is especially harmful in objective based scenarios).

Constructive enough?
No. Because you offer nothing constructive in the slightest. You want to remove Dom in its entirety with no replacement. You offer no alterations or adjustments. There's no method to improve it. There's no attempt to theorize a system that could take its place.

You point out why you disagree with the change, but that's it. That's not constructive in anyway. I don't disagree, but that doesn't change the fact that the post basically boils down to, "This sucks. Blah."

You don't want legitimate fights ended. Fantastic. How could the Dom system be altered(note: not removed) to achieve that? That answer would be constructive. Try posting some ideas.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Aethilmar

Post#33 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:03 pm

Dabbart wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:50 am
Spoiler:
Aethilmar wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:58 am

Constructive enough?
No. Because you offer nothing constructive in the slightest. You want to remove Dom in its entirety with no replacement. You offer no alterations or adjustments. There's no method to improve it. There's no attempt to theorize a system that could take its place.

You point out why you disagree with the change, but that's it. That's not constructive in anyway. I don't disagree, but that doesn't change the fact that the post basically boils down to, "This sucks. Blah."

You don't want legitimate fights ended. Fantastic. How could the Dom system be altered(note: not removed) to achieve that? That answer would be constructive. Try posting some ideas.
Your premise that the domination system is a "must have" is flawed. There is no requirement to "improve" it and it is quite possible to add via subtraction.

As a matter of opinion, the best improvement for it is to remove it altogether.

Dabbart

Post#34 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:11 pm

Well, the Devs have stated that Dom is needed and here to stay... I've never said its a must have. I have said numerous times, I agree with your arguments, and dislike Dom. But our personal opinions are moot, we're not Devs. And nothing you've posted is news to the Devs here so...

Gl getting it removed.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.