Recent Topics

Ads

Improving leveling/new player experience

Let's talk about... everything else
catholicism197

Re: Improving leveling/new player experience

Post#21 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:56 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:02 am
Sulorie wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:53 am Maybe use chat and try to find a group. All say leveling is super easy during double xp event and yet it only takes twice the time without event. So where is this a slow grind?
People probably don't even know Asian grinders, as you usually lose xp on random death due to lag or unlucky mob respawn, worth 2 hours of grinding.
People with less playtime already have rested xp bonus, which increases xp on kill by 3 times.

Find a healer, who wants to level faster as well and make a duo. Sorc/bw are several times weaker, if played solo.
It's not that simple. Leveling is "super easy" during an event because loads of people play during them, thus allowing a constant stream of SCs along with everything else that comes with having an increased population.

Additionally, I am starting to get real tired of seeing all of these posts (not limited to you or this thread) with this broken logic of "back in my day, we had to walk to school uphill in the snow with no shoes, both ways!" or "It's not so bad, you could be getting bludgeoned to death with a claw hammer!".

I understand that people complain a ton and are overly dramatic about things, but this "this is fine" **** needs to stop.
actually, "back in our day," mine and sulorie's, ror was popping most of the time and never felt like a grind. It was much easier to level back then. pop balance was better and t2-t4 weren't merged which made everything feel balanced.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:04 pm

catholicism197 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:56 pm actually, "back in our day," mine and sulorie's, ror was popping most of the time and never felt like a grind. It was much easier to level back then. pop balance was better and t2-t4 weren't merged which made everything feel balanced.
Don't put me in the same boat. :)
Dying is no option.

catholicism197

Post#23 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:54 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:04 pm
catholicism197 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:56 pm actually, "back in our day," mine and sulorie's, ror was popping most of the time and never felt like a grind. It was much easier to level back then. pop balance was better and t2-t4 weren't merged which made everything feel balanced.
100% certain you played during Ror's glory days too.

Sulorie

Post#24 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:02 pm

catholicism197 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:54 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:04 pm
100% certain you played during Ror's glory days too.
Ofc I did but nowadays it doesn't feel like grind to me either. I need no GW2 leveling speed. For me the game doesn't start at "endgame".
Dying is no option.

Irsig

Post#25 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:48 pm

New player here, well not really played this 10 years ago, loving every second i get to replay this game.

Levelling doesn't feel slow to me, my only complain would be that i reached tier 2 and orvr is pretty much non existant in troll country, putting me in this weird void that certainly gives the feeling of ''gotta level faster'' to reach t4 fun.

Sulorie

Post#26 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:57 pm

Irsig wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:48 pm New player here, well not really played this 10 years ago, loving every second i get to replay this game.

Levelling doesn't feel slow to me, my only complain would be that i reached tier 2 and orvr is pretty much non existant in troll country, putting me in this weird void that certainly gives the feeling of ''gotta level faster'' to reach t4 fun.
You can play in t2-t4 zones with lvl 16+. You don't have to wait for a t2 zone to open. You only have to look what zones are open.
Dying is no option.

Irsig

Post#27 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:09 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:57 pm You can play in t2-t4 zones with lvl 16+. You don't have to wait for a t2 zone to open. You only have to look what zones are open.
Oh that sounds great then, thanks for the answer.

courtsdad1

Post#28 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:18 pm

Korsario wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:05 pm man you guys really seem to want to kill the game.
Actually suggesting easier leveling does just that. It is not even remotely hard to level and one people race to the top a high percentage leave.

Leveling to 40 is not even remotely difficult.

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#29 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:22 am

courtsdad1 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:18 pm
Korsario wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:05 pm man you guys really seem to want to kill the game.
Actually suggesting easier leveling does just that. It is not even remotely hard to level and one people race to the top a high percentage leave.

Leveling to 40 is not even remotely difficult.
Even if I was being generous and believed your completely made up "high percentage of people that leave after hitting 40" schtick (which is total nonsense, btw. No on plays an MMO, gets to max level, and then is like "WELL, I DID IT! I BEAT THE GAME! TIME TO MOVE ON"), it would indicate problems with 40 content, not the leveling process.

carlos

Post#30 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:24 am

zak68 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:28 am
Korsario wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:38 pm ...
I have had 3 friends quit the game cause its to much of an uphill to level currently, and i quite agree with them.
did they quit before or after level 16 ?
Valid question imo.
Starfkr