Recent Topics

Ads

Improving leveling/new player experience

Let's talk about... everything else
Korsario

Improving leveling/new player experience

Post#1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:38 pm

Is there a chance developers could make leveling a bit easier/faster?

I have had 3 friends quit the game cause its to much of an uphill to level currently, and i quite agree with them. I think theres many ways to help with this

1/ Make the double xp event a regular thing like say BDO? friday to monday is always double xp
2/ Make RvR alot better normal xp
3/ Overall reduce experience per level
4/ Daily Scenario/RvR quest that grants a giants xp bonus

I think it would be good for the server to have alot more people that stay and enjoy the game so the serve rkeeps healthy for everyone. Dont diss the new players I think any of these changes would be the biggest bosot to new population into the server.

It feels like devs/admins totally ignore the new player experience.

Ads
bichka

Re: Improving leveling/new player experience

Post#2 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:53 pm

in GW2 you have to grind much more to get 80

if you have group with saint trinity tank-healer-aoe_dd, your should be able to get 40 in few days.
stack armor and kill groups of mobs at once. best result if you can handle mobs with your_lvl...your_lvl+2.

Korsario

Post#3 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:57 pm

the key point there was being able to level as a new guy if you dont know anyone already bichka, and levleign in gw2 is super easy hell you cna jsut power levle byc rafting.

anrix

Post#4 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:17 pm

AoE grind public quests and stay away from RvR if you want to level quick. It is boring but its fast and certain classes can do it without support from others. But in the grander scheme of things it will take a while to grind all the medallions you need to gear at 40 so might as well slow down and just RvR, it opens at 16.

Korsario

Post#5 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:23 pm

do people even read about solo new player experience? yeah aoe grind public quests on your own with a BW or a sorc see how that goes lol

bichka

Post#6 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:33 pm

Korsario wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:57 pm the key point there was being able to level as a new guy if you dont know anyone already bichka, and levleign in gw2 is super easy hell you cna jsut power levle byc rafting.
>I have had 3 friends

like previous guy said, avoid RVR and do PQ or just farm good mob's spots. It's fastest way to get r40. Ruin set in t4 is pretty good set for fresh r40 without any RR points. Than do epic quests, which providing descent pre-scenario weapons. And voila. Or just buy purple r37-39 weapons from AH if you get enough money.

bichka

Post#7 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Korsario wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:23 pm do people even read about solo new player experience? yeah aoe grind public quests on your own with a BW or a sorc see how that goes lol
this game about playing in groups. but solo lvling is possible even by bw/sorc. Just about different builds, healpots and taking down fast mobs higher than you.

i lvled my WE in this way. By killing mobs one by one. You told about friends in first post, with proper classes it's much faster to lvl up in group.

Korsario

Post#8 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:38 pm

this wasnt all at the same time or friends betwen themselves the important part is creating a new player experience for the guy who comes alone, not the one who has a full guild to support them.

The only way the server wont slowly die is by bringing new blood into it, lets make it a bit easier shall we?

Ads
anrix

Post#9 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:47 pm

Korsario wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:23 pm do people even read about solo new player experience? yeah aoe grind public quests on your own with a BW or a sorc see how that goes lol
I am a solo new player, and yeah I said certain classes, i play a chosen. Tanks should have no issue AoE grinding their level once they unlock that choice skill/tactic. I've outpaced my renown by about 10 levels and that was just grinding in between sc pops. If I really focused on grinding it out it would probably take me 2 days played to max level a tank.

Playing a squishier class, you probably got to down rank the mobs you grind a considerable amount, so repeat the same PQ over and over until it turns trivial.

Korsario

Post#10 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:05 pm

man you guys really seem to want to kill the game.