Recent Topics

Ads

A possible solution to xrealmers

Let's talk about... everything else
Grock

Re: A possible solution to xrealmers

Post#11 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:40 am

Locking people out of enjoying this game (via direct locks or reward malus) is absolutely not the thing this game needs right now.

The "problem" with xrealming right now is that "xrealm bonus" that currently exists in the game has no visibility at all (unless it was removed and i didnt notice, ironically)
If the bonus was more visible, a lot more people would be switching to underdog side and everything would balance itself.
I've been suggesting for a long time to use the old "Rally"/"Call to arms" button naer minimap and global alert to let people know of "xrealm bonus" and that one side needs reinforcements.

Another problem is the current reward structure, with high end gear (Invader) being available only from forts, which means some people would switch characters or sides in order to get into fort on a character they want to gear with Invader set.

This has been discussed hundreds of times over last 5 years and every time it is brought up nobody can post any actual population/log-in data and statistics to support "xrealm is bad" claims.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
bradbury111

Post#12 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:03 am

The focus should be on the ones don't switch, rewards them instead.

blakokami

Post#13 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:57 am

It's called AAO malus, and its a terrible change that has already made people quit the game. Should be reverted.
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

larsulu
Suspended

Post#14 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:09 am

X realming keeps alive this server.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok