Recent Topics

Ads

How does the loot roll bonus system work?

Let's talk about... everything else
Cornerback

How does the loot roll bonus system work?

Post#1 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Hey there,

ingame I couldn't find anyone who was able to answer this, so I created this thread...

How exactly does the loot roll bonus system work?
It says:
"You roll 764.
Your next roll for gold bag will be increased by 144.
Your next roll for purple bag will be increased by 49....."

Now for the next lock, I'm just doing one roll again. Will it be increased by 144 or 49? Or am I actually doing rolls for all bags separately?
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Re: How does the loot roll bonus system work?

Post#2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:42 pm

You have one roll that is compared to threshold of getting the bag. Gold bag is 1000ish., purple is 800ish etc.

You add the bonus to the result on the d1000 + current contribution + reward tier.

First tier is gold, next tier is purple, next blue, next green, next white and nothing after that.

If your d1000 roll + contribution + tier bonus exceed bag threshold you will get that bag, your bonus for this tier will be cleared and the system will stop at that.

If you didn't exceed the bag threshold you will check your roll + contribution + next tier bonus and see if you won.

In this example:

You need 1000 to get a gold bag.

You rolled 764 (this already includes contribution from zone) + 144 from accumulated gold bag bonus -> 908 total, which is less than 1000, so you didn't win anything and now you check if you won purple bag.

You need 900 to win the purple bag. You add 764 + your accumulated bonus 49 to get 813. This is not 900 and now you check for blue bag and so on.

Cornerback

Post#3 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:51 pm

Interesting. Thanks for your explanation.

Regarding this example, if I didnt win purple, but my bonus for blue is 200, this would result in a total of 964. So enough for purple. But I'd still only get blue, as this was the bonus for the blue bracket?

Also, I assume my result is not only compared to the threshold but also to the results of other players, as there is only a limited amount of bags?

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:45 pm

Cornerback wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:51 pm Interesting. Thanks for your explanation.

Regarding this example, if I didnt win purple, but my bonus for blue is 200, this would result in a total of 964. So enough for purple. But I'd still only get blue, as this was the bonus for the blue bracket?

Also, I assume my result is not only compared to the threshold but also to the results of other players, as there is only a limited amount of bags?
In RvR you have a contribution score based on your activity in the zone. Doing a bunch of different RvR things will add points to those buckets, and having a higher average score between those buckets will net you a higher contribution compared to the general population.

Your accumulated bonus score however is personal, and continually grows each time you do NOT win a bag. This means over time, provided you participate in RvR, you will eventually win your bags. Having higher RvR contribution will get you there faster, but everyone can get there eventually.

There is not a limited number of bags in RvR, it's solely dependent on your total score.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Tiamath

Post#5 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:34 am

Hello
does to loot bonus persist after DC, log out ?
Next stop? The frontline ...
Tiamath - RR83 Blackguard, Khaladh of Kar Khadath Regiment.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#6 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:54 am

Tiamath wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:34 am Hello
does to loot bonus persist after DC, log out ?

Yes.

zgolec

Post#7 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:07 am

Some time ago someone mentioned that you plan to add this system [that works fine in rvr] to forts as well. Is that true? This would be nice cause some people havent seen gold bags in forts ever...
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Tiamath

Post#8 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:05 am

Hello
I think I asked the wrong question, I mean roll bonus for the next bag in case I havent won any. So if I didnt win any bag I have more chance tomorrow, 2 days later cumulative?
Next stop? The frontline ...
Tiamath - RR83 Blackguard, Khaladh of Kar Khadath Regiment.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#9 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:12 am

Tiamath wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:05 am Hello
I think I asked the wrong question, I mean roll bonus for the next bag in case I havent won any. So if I didnt win any bag I have more chance tomorrow, 2 days later cumulative?

Hargrim wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:54 am ...

Yes.

Cornerback

Post#10 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:37 pm

Cornerback wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:51 pm Regarding this example, if I didnt win purple, but my bonus for blue is 200, this would result in a total of 964. So enough for purple. But I'd still only get blue, as this was the bonus for the blue bracket?