Recent Topics

Ads

How is oRVR XP/RR calculated and how can you make the best of it?

Let's talk about... everything else
eisenhans
Suspended

How is oRVR XP/RR calculated and how can you make the best of it?

Post#1 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:52 pm

After some try outs and marveling at the hilarious numbers I get on my T1 WH (10.5 k XP for one kill) compared to my T4 WP (low 3-digit per kill, if that, it's mostly 2-digit actually), I asked around how the XP you get for killing other players in oRVR is actually calculated.

Nobody could give me an answer.

So, I will ask here. How is the XP you get for oRVR kills calculated? How is it calculated if you contribute? Is it really the best method to solo as a DPS, tag every enemy and hope a nearby group kills them? And if so, how nearby does the group have to be? Is there a time limit? Does the opponent's RR play into it? His Level? Or something else?

On the same note: The same question obviously also apply to the purple RR points you get when you smack someone silly.

All experiences, facts and outlandish theories welcome. ;)

Ads
Tiamath

Re: How is oRVR XP/RR calculated and how can you make the best of it?

Post#2 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:13 am

Hello
I think its more or less group effort vs RR rank of the victim, sometimes I got 3 digits RR just for passing nearby not even touching da corpse, sometimes poor 2 digits even if I sweat my ass off to put enemy down almost by myself.
Next stop? The frontline ...
Tiamath - RR83 Blackguard, Khaladh of Kar Khadath Regiment.

Detangler

Post#3 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:08 pm

Well... higher ranks and renown players that you kill, the more xp and renown you get. unless you're in AAO territory and you solo kill a rank 40 as a rank 3x witch elf, then the system effs you and you get 10 experience for "getting xp that is so high as to be impossible" according to the crap messages i've received in game after said kills. :( I get the point of it, but come on man, i worked for those solo kills avoiding the zerg (and getting run over numerous times). leveling is hard enough!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

eisenhans
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:27 pm

Detangler wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:08 pm Well... higher ranks and renown players that you kill, the more xp and renown you get. unless you're in AAO territory and you solo kill a rank 40 as a rank 3x witch elf, then the system effs you and you get 10 experience for "getting xp that is so high as to be impossible" according to the crap messages i've received in game after said kills. :( I get the point of it, but come on man, i worked for those solo kills avoiding the zerg (and getting run over numerous times). leveling is hard enough!
Does it really work that way?

I tried tapping some bad dudes on my solo T2 BW in T4 today and got 20s and 30s in XP when somebody else killed them. Is that what you mean? Because that's just a sad XP ratio/hour.

Detangler

Post#5 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:35 pm

Yes it does. Theres some dev reasoning behind it but it still really sucks.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Hargrim
Developer

Post#6 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:10 am

eisenhans wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:27 pm I tried tapping some bad dudes on my solo T2 BW in T4 today and got 20s and 30s in XP when somebody else killed them. Is that what you mean? Because that's just a sad XP ratio/hour.

So what exactly did this "tapping" really did to help kill that enemies? Tickled them a little to allow you to leech on effort did by some other people?

eisenhans
Suspended

Post#7 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:12 pm

Hargrim wrote: So what exactly did this "tapping" really did to help kill that enemies? Tickled them a little to allow you to leech on effort did by some other people?
That was the plan originally. Just to try out if it works like that. But it doesn't.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:00 pm

eisenhans wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:12 pm
Hargrim wrote: So what exactly did this "tapping" really did to help kill that enemies? Tickled them a little to allow you to leech on effort did by some other people?
That was the plan originally. Just to try out if it works like that. But it doesn't.
The more you contributed to the kill, the more you get.
Don't even try to farm kills in zones, where your realm is outnumbering the enemy, it's not worth the time.
Dying is no option.

Ads