Recent Topics

Ads

Please Code the Game for NA

Let's talk about... everything else
dansari

Please Code the Game for NA

Post#1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:02 am

Getting hit by Fell Landing poison for 1100 damage every 2s when there are 60 people total in the zone is annoying. It doesn't feel scaled at all (I presume it's not). Forts (and keeps, to be honest), are in no way coded correctly for NA. The lord has way too much HP. Full damage on lord from 3/4 of the attackers for 20min should drop a lord, easy. We got it to 70% before poison became too much to handle while defenders brainless held 3rd floor doing nothing. It's way too easy to defend a fort, especially with low numbers. You can be a legit brainlet monkey and defend a fort during NA, which is what we witnessed tonight. Kills during stage 2 are 3x attackers > defenders, and then end up being slightly even defenders > attackers at the end. It should not be easier to just afk solo defend a fort, but I suspect nothing will change and this is just pointless in the end cuz it will fall on deaf ears. It should not be on the attackers to bring 2-2-2 groups in every warband coordinating morales when defenders can just lolGTDC lolmist choke points with 4 healers for 30 people. NA has been beaten into submission at the cost of EU driven mechanics, and it's just sad. /rant
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Onemantankwall

Re: Please Code the Game for NA

Post#2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:23 am

Destro went through the same thing last night in stonewatch didnt even need a poison so not sure what the fuss is about low pop means low amount of attackers thus numbers are too close in forts causing lord room massacres. Welcome back Dan missed the fights but this is the state of NA now. Get ur invader and simply dont go to forts till city welcome to my world tho least you have the zerg to ride to catch up on the new set /shrug NA destro empty af unless l2p is about
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Dabbart

Post#3 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:28 am

It was rough. The poison hurts a lot. The worst was the inability to hold the lord. Tanks chasing after him taunting and challenging with menace to no avail. The inability to hold the lord in the middle made killing poison take that extra couple of momnets, which led to a downward spiral. Also at no time did I see destroy pop being 75% of orders. We had even numbers almost the entire time. If destroy had held lord room I doubt we could of pushed anyways...

Personally though, it's the mentality of getting loot anyways, so why bother that bugs me. Players bring no where near meta groups because that is literally the only way to get the gear. And if you can't possibly win, meh. You still get your 4. So why bother respecing or bringing enough tanks and healers?

Will we ever see boots\gloves of higher than Anni drop from player kills? Inv medals from high RR kills?

Or stage the fort so that you have to try yo succeed stage 1 and 2, and give small inv medals for each stage you get through.

I don't know what the right answer is. But NA time gameplay gets downright odd at times.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Onemantankwall

Post#4 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:00 am

Dabbart wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:28 am It was rough. The poison hurts a lot. The worst was the inability to hold the lord. Tanks chasing after him taunting and challenging with menace to no avail. The inability to hold the lord in the middle made killing poison take that extra couple of momnets, which led to a downward spiral. Also at no time did I see destroy pop being 75% of orders. We had even numbers almost the entire time. If destroy had held lord room I doubt we could of pushed anyways...

Personally though, it's the mentality of getting loot anyways, so why bother that bugs me. Players bring no where near meta groups because that is literally the only way to get the gear. And if you can't possibly win, meh. You still get your 4. So why bother respecing or bringing enough tanks and healers?

Will we ever see boots\gloves of higher than Anni drop from player kills? Inv medals from high RR kills?

Or stage the fort so that you have to try yo succeed stage 1 and 2, and give small inv medals for each stage you get through.

I don't know what the right answer is. But NA time gameplay gets downright odd at times.
Theres a reason order dodges Fell like its cancer destro got smart after learning one can exploit poison by just simply ignoring lord (causing reset and no poison at all) while you slaughter the gits in the room so they hole up third forcing poison mechanic to not be ignored.

Only way of beating it is figuring out how it works which kinda hasnt happened yet. (As i said attackers just ignore lord till defenders dead in room unless on 3rd)

a mechanic hint from devs or more dumbing down is required because unless given the chsnce to study it mechanics a op bust. It'll most likely just get tweaked more as the other 4 get rolled out

Till then just keep farming the maw/butchers pass like always
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:03 am

we dont code for any region in particular and often code to match any pop.

Lords scale damage and defenses with pop in the zone and the mechanics are supposed to be harsh if not handled properly.