A message for the devs

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Grock

Re: A message for the devs

Post#31 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:12 pm

Krastyir wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:31 pm
If you know (or suspect) that someone close to you is doing 'something' (I guess exploits were involved?), you wouldn't want to continue to play or share accounts with them
That would be hard if you live in the same house and use the same internet connection
This all looks like it is normal for competitive players to gather warnings like candy and getting banned in the end. Why do some people always try to cross the line and not think for once how they behave?
In regards to account sharing and account selling:
This game uses moba-esque balancing approach with strong group-based niches for playable classes, while simultaneously having MMO approach of long leveling and gearing process to make said classes viable at high level of play

This essentially makes character sharing a nesessity if you want to play competitively but cant spend months leveling and gearing up multitude of different characters
This is a problem with game's design, not with players.
Orkni

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#32 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:24 pm

Krastyir wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Teinhala drama
Was he banned? I just recently saw a player with a similar nickname in the game.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

simtex
Suspended

Post#33 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:35 pm

altharion1 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:22 pm
Do we get chicken snitch mounts for informing on other perma banned players using alt accounts?
The only relevant question in this thread.
Beautybeast|Buffedbabe|Inikah|Simtex|Seifu
twitch

Elciel

Post#34 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:40 pm

The more hardcore you get the more it's tempting to break rules to get any edge. You can forget the reasons you played in the first place. Best to just stick to the T&C's believe me it's not worth the pain of permabans.

oaliaen

Post#35 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:53 pm

Onemantankwall wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:59 pm
https://youtu.be/LheS8xvLXS4
LOL
Silently we bide our time
Soon we'll pay you back
For all the wrongs you've done our kind
For the stabwounds in our backs

Zegota
Legacy RR80

Post#36 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:05 pm

So here we go again. Everyone who felt wronged and people that stood on their side will be called a s**t stirrer, while Grimnir is flexing and publicly calling out and shaming people. And let's see for what. Kyranria was obviously doing, to anyone that knows him, a good guy routine with account lending. Jono gave his account to his brother to play the magus (I remember seeing him streaming it on one occasion). So far sounds quite innocent to me. But, as we witnessed in the past, a lot of terms and conditions can be twisted and changed so it fits a mood or someones wish. Account lending was for years considered "legal", as confirmed in conversation with some long standing GMs in the likes of Druin for example. But look, once more an arbitrary decision was made to bend the so called rules for the sake of someone's ego.

Sulorie

Post#37 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:26 pm

This all is not about letting someone play with your acc.
Dying is no option.

Zegota
Legacy RR80

Post#38 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:26 pm
Nah man, this is a flex. Public drama, public execution, shoot first ask questions later. This could've have been done behind closed doors but it wasn't. If there are innocent victims, it's not GMs fault even though they pulled the trigger, it's the culprits. Classic demonizing.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#39 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:40 pm

Zegota wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:30 pm
Sulorie wrote:
Nah man, this is a flex. Public drama, public execution, shoot first ask questions later. This could've have been done behind closed doors but it wasn't. If there are innocent victims, it's not GMs fault even though they pulled the trigger, it's the culprits. Classic demonizing.
Nice.

I posted the ban evidence after the appeal was made because it was requested I do so, and we knew it would be contentious. There's nothing remotely demonizing in my statements.

If it were handled behind closed doors I would have been fine with that as well.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Zxul

Post#40 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:41 pm

Zegota wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:30 pm
Sulorie wrote:
Don't share accounts, don't play from IP which account sharing is being done from, classic mmo rules.

If your brother robs a bank and stores the cash at your flat, are you going to tell the cops that "well we share flat and I knew about but he is family, so its ok"?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh