Ads

A message for the devs

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

wonshot

Re: A message for the devs

Post#21 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:55 pm

I think the logic here is the following:

A bunch of players were spotted using different accounts, from their IP adresses.
One or several of the accounts were then attempted being sold, listed on website for sale, email changed, password changed etc.

Now how do the devs know exactly whom of the involved players logging into the account, is responsable for attempting the sale?
It is harsh to perma all of them, but I understand their logic and I dont want to play on a server where accountselling becomes a thing.

I like what Ptp3 stod for, and his involvment on the server.
But everyone chosing to share their login informations must understand that there is a risk involved, since the people you share your account with, can potentially bring you into a mess like this.

That being said, I strongly disagree with sarcasm (I assume?) being used in such a serious matter.
"well this was fun" as opening line in the ban post is just not professionel.
INACTIVE
Bombling BW RR 90 [Line by Line]
1.100 Invader crests on one char. 3/3 Royal gearsets. 650.000+ oRvR kills
Sometimes streams guild warbands with shotcalling during EU evenings.
Alts: Gombling[invader] Powerhouse [vanq] Chopling[invader] | Magnetling[invader] | Orderling[onslaught] TheBombMan [invader]

Ads
flintboth

Post#22 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:57 pm

If that jono is peter, I m pretty sure he is setting up his defense, an interesting "Ban Appeals" is coming.
Good luck to everyone !
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Alfa1986

Post#23 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:04 pm

Grock wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:34 pm
tbh i too find it hard to believe that Jon/peter would participate in account selling and compromise himself like this, i don't really know him personally, but he was a hardcore and dedicated server and always tried to make this game better and more active

its always sad to lose good players, especially when the community is already pretty small

I guess that he didn’t sell his own account, he sold another upgraded account, and the fact that the sold account had a tracked login from his IP address serves as proof of this. if that I don’t see anything wrong with selling accounts, but as far as I understand the problem is that developers are afraid of possible lawsuits, and, following from that, the server’s closing.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

WExWH

Post#24 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:08 pm

Last edited by WExWH on Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

BeautfulToad

Post#25 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:20 pm

They will have to lodge a ban appeal. I didnt think account sharing was banned but the developer is saying the only way to avoid this situation is to not share your account. If someone does something naughty you will be linked to them.

Not sure how you can prove innocence in something like this but hopefully any players caught up in this can get back playing.

Acidic

Post#26 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:26 pm

Guess the problem is that the account was used and could be used by someone that sold an account.
Ie if any that use the account are to be punished all accounts they have access to will be hit.

dansari
Suspended

Post#27 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:41 pm

Krastyir wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:31 pm
There appears to be more at odds than just account sharing.

Disregarding the weird convenience of this situation, this bit from Peter's appeal is a bit sketchy:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:26 pm
No, I am not condoning what my brother did, but he is my brother; he is his own, separate person; I am not his 'virtual keeper'. What he decides to do with his account is his business, but I will not accept punishment for his actions - a 'fraternal tax'.
He considers it most likely that he got caught up in the shenanigans of his brother.

If you know (or suspect) that someone close to you is doing 'something' (I guess exploits were involved?), you wouldn't want to continue to play or share accounts with them - as their benefit and infraction is, even if just by proxy, yours, too.

Looks like another take on the Bretin/Teinhala drama, with bad decision making all around. Plausible deniability goes both ways, if in doubt don't touch shady **** with a 10ft pole.
Why would we assume peter knew his brother sold the account?
<Salt Factory>

Sulorie

Post#28 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:42 pm

This all looks like it is normal for competitive players to gather warnings like candy and getting banned in the end. Why do some people always try to cross the line and not think for once how they behave?

Not related but this Bepbep-Sorc players looks like being drunk, when writing the ban appeal. It boggles by mind how immature or plain dumb some of the posts are.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Onemantankwall

Post#29 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:59 pm

Filthy live vet
Chosen Main (alts to remain nameless, ssshhh)
Founder of (L2P)

flintboth

Post#30 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:03 pm

I hope that this project will not be endangered because of imbecility and unscrupulous profiteers.
Why make this project outlaw because of a few people ?
Most of the players are silencious and are just playing, why should they suffer the consequences of certain isolated comportement ?
Protect your game first, don't ask to us to empathise for some guys who harass others and does bad things.

If peter provide a fair and a full defense, he prove he is innocent, I m sure is ban will be resized.
If he make bad things and make the RoR server endangered the ban is justified for me.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)