Let's talk about... everything else
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: [Brainstorming] Draw me a Sc.

Post#31 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:15 pm
Grunbag wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:17 pm
Spoiler:
Tesq wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:22 pm NAME: joy in blood (KHORNE VERSION) or tzeench will play you again (tzeench version)

MAP: ic arena

MECCANIC:
- every kill grant x points
- you win when your team reach 500 pt
- after you die you get ista ressurrected (or 5 sec delay) on spot full life (no respawn wc) for the joy of khorne/tzeench into a eternal slaughter ! ....... or till he get bored ^^ (aka 500 pt).

PLAYERS: your realm can play both vs opposite realm and same realm; khorne dont care from where the blood flow or tzeench wanna have fun ^^

Dev difficulty: easy and short

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

NAME: architect of fate
MAP: CW floating arena 58k, 46k; add ruined walls and intersection like those in cw rvr near south keep etc (remove bracerse and link the 2 door with one another ( so one can escape and reach opposite side in a flash ;) )

MECCANIC:
-defend yourself while solving puzzle game;
- tzeench will call a side that must solve and another that must block em every x mins ( it get wrote on screen and a flag on mid show the color for the side that must solve the prob)
- when a side solve a puzzle it get reward with points and a buff ( like dmg increase from logrin forge for exemple).
- puzzle consist into click stuff to fix litteral puzzle on walls or ground, while dealing with enemy
- there are several puzzle spread across the sc but you have to find the correct one first while the timer ticking....

Exemple of puzzle: 9 square grind , each square can rotate on spot, you must rotate in the correct way all the 9 square to solve the puzzle. for other puzzle exemple look at D&D online

PLAYERS: destru vs orders

Dev difficulty: easy but long

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

NAME: Swamp boss

MAP: build from scratch based on marsh of madness terrain (because pots off swamp everywhere to slow ppl is fun)

MECCANIC:
- mini siege
- sides try kill the enemy tower door and kill the lord inside (still 12 vs 12 and mini-lord is on bottom floor)
-lord wll stay only inside tower
- it reset to original spot if dragged outside
- when lord reset it dosent regain life (aka rdps from safe distance while it keep reset or hit and run are all fine strategy, it's party job to save him).

PLAYERS: des vs ord

Dev difficulty: easy, tedious to balance (of the 4 would be the only one i would ditch)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

NAME: Beacons of magic

MAP: build from scratch, build (ideally a bridge with 2 elf-ish wall with a door per side suspended over lava in an enviroments like dw forge

MECCANIC:
- each side try break the 2 door of opponents side and destroy the magic catalyst behind second door
-respanw in wc
-all part of maps are equaly in distance and disposed in immaginary/virtual line/bridge as wrote here

-> wc - catalyst - door 2 - door 1 - empty space - door 1 - door 2 - catalyst - wc <-

Dev difficulty: easy, but medium in time consuming as it requrie build from scratch the map.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

P.S: i'll add screen screenshot tomorrow for maps
We don’t rebuilt map or create some yet . Only Sacellum arena is possible (I made it already)
that is, you can’t add an NPC even to an existing scenario map, change the landscape, add objects, walls, bosses, and so on? and the changes can only relate to the conditions of the battle?
We can edit object and npc , but not the terrain (ground landscapes)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#32 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:05 pm

make a scenario with 10 flags pls

zatoh

Post#33 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:01 pm

More:

Stonetroll Crossing rehash
One team defends, the other one attacks. In the beginning the 3 thingies you have to deliver the murderball to are BO's controlled by the defenders. The central spiral with the murderball spawn is also a BO, but it can't be captured yet. Once captured, the BO's can't be taken back by the defenders.

Once the attackers have captured the 3 surrounding BO's they must climb the spiral and capture the final BO. The defenders respawn on top of the spiral as well, let's say on the other side of the big tree or whatever which is up there. The BOs could be those click-and-capture types you have in forts.

So this is basically another "survival" deal: the attackers win if all the BOs are captured, and the defenders win if the time runs out.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#34 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:25 pm

Salzenmund PQ (Nordland) can be made in great point based map similar to nordenwatch.
Lets call in Salzenmund invasion.

Destro starts in tunnel, order starts in docks.
Spoiler:
3 Flags:
1) outer gates;
Spoiler:
2) main square;
Spoiler:
3) inner gates.
Spoiler:
Flags can either give same amount of points or one of them (either middle or left) can give double ammount.

Edit: fixed image, changed points to flags for easier read.
Last edited by Rockalypse on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tesq

Post#35 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:54 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:17 pm
Spoiler:
Tesq wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:22 pm NAME: joy in blood (KHORNE VERSION) or tzeench will play you again (tzeench version)

MAP: ic arena

MECCANIC:
- every kill grant x points
- you win when your team reach 500 pt
- after you die you get ista ressurrected (or 5 sec delay) on spot full life (no respawn wc) for the joy of khorne/tzeench into a eternal slaughter ! ....... or till he get bored ^^ (aka 500 pt).

PLAYERS: your realm can play both vs opposite realm and same realm; khorne dont care from where the blood flow or tzeench wanna have fun ^^

Dev difficulty: easy and short

NAME: architect of fate
MAP: CW floating arena 58k, 46k; add ruined walls and intersection like those in cw rvr near south keep etc (remove bracerse and link the 2 door with one another ( so one can escape and reach opposite side in a flash ;) )

MECCANIC:
-defend yourself while solving puzzle game;
- tzeench will call a side that must solve and another that must block em every x mins ( it get wrote on screen and a flag on mid show the color for the side that must solve the prob)
- when a side solve a puzzle it get reward with points and a buff ( like dmg increase from logrin forge for exemple).
- puzzle consist into click stuff to fix litteral puzzle on walls or ground, while dealing with enemy
- there are several puzzle spread across the sc but you have to find the correct one first while the timer ticking....

Exemple of puzzle: 9 square grind , each square can rotate on spot, you must rotate in the correct way all the 9 square to solve the puzzle. for other puzzle exemple look at D&D online

PLAYERS: destru vs orders

Dev difficulty: easy but long

NAME: Swamp boss

MAP: build from scratch based on marsh of madness terrain (because pots off swamp everywhere to slow ppl is fun)

MECCANIC:
- mini siege
- sides try kill the enemy tower door and kill the lord inside (still 12 vs 12 and mini-lord is on bottom floor)
-lord wll stay only inside tower
- it reset to original spot if dragged outside
- when lord reset it dosent regain life (aka rdps from safe distance while it keep reset or hit and run are all fine strategy, it's party job to save him).

Dev difficulty: easy, tedious to balance (of the 4 would be the only one i would ditch)

NAME: Beacons of magic

MAP: build from scratch, build (ideally a bridge with 2 elf-ish wall with a door per side suspended over lava in an enviroments like dw forge

MECCANIC:
- each side try break the 2 door of opponents side and destroy the magic catalyst behind second door
-respanw in wc
-all part of maps are equaly in distance and disposed in immaginary/virtual line/bridge as wrote here

-> wc - catalyst - door 2 - door 1 - empty space - door 1 - door 2 - catalyst - wc <-

Dev difficulty: easy, but medium in time consuming as it requrie build from scratch the map.

P.S: i'll add screen screenshot tomorrow for maps
We don’t rebuilt map or create some yet . Only Sacellum arena is possible (I made it already)
pick existing map in game you can work with

you can copy ic map into ic 2 map ...etc

roadkillrobin

Post#36 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:40 am

Kill the monster
A long corridor with a ledge at both ends as spawn points.
A bigger room at the center with four platforms or steps that leads up to a balcony that stretches around the big room.

Objective: 3/4 of the way into oposing enemy corridor is a fixed to location NPC that can't attack and have no natural health regen. The NPC mitigate 100% of damage taken as long as all enemy players are alive. For every enemy player thats killed or waiting in the spawn your damage against the enemy NPC is increased by 10%. 250 points are rewarded to team that kills a enemy monster. When the monster is killed all players are killed off and a new monster spawns.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#37 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:19 pm

Another location to consider can be Barak Var.
Lets call it something like Sail the dreadnaught.

To sail dreadnaught both teams need weapons to chop and boose to drink, can't skip either.
This should go like this:
  • You have Armory and Brewery in which you can pick up 1 barrel and 1 weapon pack as a team (if one team have picked weapon pack another can do this too);
  • You have crate pile to which you need to bring both as a team to score;
  • Each time you deliver both as a team you recieve 100 points;
  • Once player picked item he becomes carrier, he has same limitations as if he is using banner (can't use any skills, only granted ones), his speed is reduced by 20%.
  • If carrier is killed his package is lost.
  • Only granted skill player recieves is "Drop package" - 3 second cast (interruptable) which can be used anywhere on the map (to cancel carrier effect), but only is counted for team if done near Crate Pile.
Pathing (not fully accurate) and overview of map:
Order spawn position can be adjusted to be balanced, Dreadnaught near crate pile have one place on destro side that you can jump over (should probably be blocked by invisible wall), bridge on destro side (to dreadnaught) is questionable too.

Brewery:
Spoiler:
Armory:
Spoiler:
Destro spawn:
Spoiler:
Order Spawn:
Spoiler:

Alfa1986

Post#38 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:48 am

Grunbag wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:26 pm I am especially interested to read some idea including existing map with new mechanics .

For exemple, i had the idea to make one scenario with a ball and a goal . Two team fight for the « ball » , once one team can pick up the ball , the ball carrier need to walk from ball spawn location and cap all BO in order . But ball carrier is weakened when he carry the ball (inc damage increased and snared) and he can hold the ball only 60 sec max . Ball carrier can pass the ball to any ally within range but you can’t get the ball instantly after you gave it to someone . Neither you can instantly pass the ball when you just caught it (there is few sec delay) . Once one team cap all the BO , they will siege the other team warcamp , break the door and place the ball into enemies WC to win the SC .
The ball can be whatever (relic , skull) .
I planned to use that mechanic for Kadrin Valley scenario .

If anyone have some ideas to use on another boring map , write it here .
There is already a similar scenario: the stone troll crossing and it is not very popular.
A good idea with a huge squig (like the end boss in the center wing of gunbad). For example,
1. the huge squig “eats” one of the team members, and inside this squig he can now control it, but while the player is in the squig he cannot use his abilities and can only be in the squig for 60 sec (every 10 sec he takes damage equal to 20 %, no one can’t heal him).
2. the huge squig is used as a ball that teams can throw out to each other, when the squig lands, it hits the ground and causes a lot of damage (stun, stug, slowdown, silence etc.).

3. the huge squig is used as the ball to need being thrown into the enemy wc.
4. the huge squig as a boss, it must be leading with the help of agro consistently across all BOs.
5. There are two huge squiqes (either from the side of order it is a huge Manticore or something else), who also take part in the battle. The strength of each increases when damage from the players of the opposite team goes along it (anti-AOE fight). The fight is in the style of the king of the hill.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#39 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:43 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:48 am
Grunbag wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:26 pm I am especially interested to read some idea including existing map with new mechanics .

For exemple, i had the idea to make one scenario with a ball and a goal . Two team fight for the « ball » , once one team can pick up the ball , the ball carrier need to walk from ball spawn location and cap all BO in order . But ball carrier is weakened when he carry the ball (inc damage increased and snared) and he can hold the ball only 60 sec max . Ball carrier can pass the ball to any ally within range but you can’t get the ball instantly after you gave it to someone . Neither you can instantly pass the ball when you just caught it (there is few sec delay) . Once one team cap all the BO , they will siege the other team warcamp , break the door and place the ball into enemies WC to win the SC .
The ball can be whatever (relic , skull) .
I planned to use that mechanic for Kadrin Valley scenario .

If anyone have some ideas to use on another boring map , write it here .
There is already a similar scenario: the stone troll crossing and it is not very popular.
A good idea with a huge squig (like the end boss in the center wing of gunbad). For example,
1. the huge squig “eats” one of the team members, and inside this squig he can now control it, but while the player is in the squig he cannot use his abilities and can only be in the squig for 60 sec (every 10 sec he takes damage equal to 20 %, no one can’t heal him).
2. the huge squig is used as a ball that teams can throw out to each other, when the squig lands, it hits the ground and causes a lot of damage (stun, stug, slowdown, silence etc.).

3. the huge squig is used as the ball to need being thrown into the enemy wc.
4. the huge squig as a boss, it must be leading with the help of agro consistently across all BOs.
5. There are two huge squiqes (either from the side of order it is a huge Manticore or something else), who also take part in the battle. The strength of each increases when damage from the players of the opposite team goes along it (anti-AOE fight). The fight is in the style of the king of the hill.
It’s different cause you need to cap BO in order (like battle for praag) and you can pass the objective to allies . Also , the BO don’t reset , the goal is to siege enemies warcamp and plant the ball in their warcamp. Then the scenario ends
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Everdin

Post#40 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:58 am

A Arena Based Sc. (Saccelum or Maybe if possible i would love to see the Small arena of Bastion Stairs (with the heal debuff beast)). Instead of just beat the crap out of the other side:

A Mechanic based on Khaines Embrace, but instead of 2 flags to cap for points make it 3 Flags.

- holding flags give points
- every flag has different events around it if tapped
Spoiler:
1. Teleport - Nova every 30 sec as long as caped, players hit by the nova will be teleportet to random places in the arena - just a idea, maybe just let them explode (forces the side holding it to leave)
2. Some anoying puddle effects around it like snare, dmg, troll piss, whatever (no good intention for that, maybe someone has a better idea)
3. xx ft healdebuff or "Terror" buff around it (would be good in sc where the matchmaking is evil to one side)
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs