Recent Topics

Ads

How to improve the chance of winning PuG SCs

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: How to improve the chance of winning PuG SCs

Post#21 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:50 pm

Ashoris wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:01 pm
eisenhans wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:53 pm The usual situation, let's be honest here, is 80% of the pug beating on the big tanks without any effect, with maybe 2-3 dps going after healers - and that's already a best case scenario usually. Now, of course, 3 dps vs 4 healers will not go well for the dps unless they are focus firing. And they usually aren't. As soon as the healers break, the tanks break. When the tanks break, the dps breaks. There may be some situations where going after the healers is not a good idea, but those are comparatively rare. They don#t even have to be killed, keeping them from healing the front line is in many cases enough.
and here we are.... i will not discuss that in detail because i really feel like don quichotte :)

Instead i can suggest 2 things:

1) you check what the good order or destru grps are doing and what they kill first in different circumstances (6vs6, 12 vs 12 - PuG vs Premade)

2) you give me a tell ingame or a PM and we will play together and check together in a group: 1 hour you are picking the healers, the 2nd hour you let me pick the targets and we check what let to more success :)
This smells like a trap. :^)
Dying is no option.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:54 pm

Whenever I read in sc chat at the beginning "atk healer first" I want to /facepalm.
You go for optimal targets, no matter it is a tank, dd or healer.
Optimal is a squishy player, isolated or out of position.

Tanks eating 1,3k+ crits without the chance to detaunt are good targets. Obviously there are tanks you can hit for ages without killing them, as long as they get heals, those are bad targets.
Dying is no option.

Ashoris

Post#23 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:30 pm

eisenhans wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:20 am
Ashoris wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:07 am i really tried to not talk about target picking, but i prefer pugs who assist, over a pug where everyone thinks he picks better targets than the other ... there are many ways why assisting on a tank could work or is even superior to other targets.
So... you're one of those mdps guys hitting a tank for 5 minutes and crying for heals? What kind of situation are we talking about here, because quite frankly, I can't think of any besides freak coincidences.

And also, regarding your "offer": What does that have to do with pugs? Are you trying to create a premade to prove something about non-premades?
no i do not hit tanks for 5 minutes and cryin for heals. But target picking is actually not that easy. if you go straight for the healer you will often be the "best Target" for the enemy (read sulories description of best target) you are squishie and out of position :)

and my suggestion was just an earnest invitation to experience a playstyle different from yours (to check if it could be valid).

another idea "because i am a NoName" would be to just watch Zarbix stream from time to time ... solo/duo play .. and just check his target picking ... and how often he kills dps or tanks first before pushing the healer
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

labotimy

Post#24 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:23 am

eisenhans wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:41 pm So your point is focussing the mdps? In a pug? Just so we are clear on this.
I can't tell if trolling or not.

eisenhans
Suspended

Post#25 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:11 am

labotimy wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:23 am I can't tell if trolling or not.
Strong username to content ratio.

Anyway, if the genius plan is to "attack the weakest guy", then that's kinda funny, but I agree, of course.

EDIT:
Okay, we kinda went off the rails here. Back to topic. Can we agree that focussing the weakest guy in the opponent team is the key to victory? Because if so, the question is how can a pug

a) detect this weakest guy
b) Make everyone focus him

Just calling out targets doesn't work in many cases. Maybe someone could make a guide with nice pictures?

Sulorie

Post#26 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:35 am

eisenhans wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:11 am
labotimy wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:23 am I can't tell if trolling or not.
Strong username to content ratio.

Anyway, if the genius plan is to "attack the weakest guy", then that's kinda funny, but I agree, of course.

EDIT:
Okay, we kinda went off the rails here. Back to topic. Can we agree that focussing the weakest guy in the opponent team is the key to victory? Because if so, the question is how can a pug

a) detect this weakest guy
b) Make everyone focus him

Just calling out targets doesn't work in many cases. Maybe someone could make a guide with nice pictures?
In a pug you win, when you have better individual players in your team, who know to pick targets and assist and tanks, who guard properly. You don't need a premade to play well, you don't need voice com to assist.
A guide here will have little effect, as those, who need it the most, don't read here.
Dying is no option.

Aurandilaz

Post#27 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:58 am

just kill everything
if target hasn't died during first 5-10 sec window, or there is other nearby juicy target, kill next target
2h loldps tanks go down faster than some dps classes; I think it used to be a personal benchmark test for destro dps players "how many seconds you needed to carve open a certain famous 2h SM player", but been dpsing on order lately more than on my destro toons. (personal record being about 4 seconds on my WE starting from target being full HP to 0)

kill a healer if they are squishy and out of position or too close to you
kill a rdps if they nearby and not guarded/healed properly
kill a mdps if they facing pressure and overextending
kill a tank if they think they can approach enemy lines without facing pressure, you eventually learn which ones melt in few hits and which ones are not worth wasting AP on, letting a deftard tank run around your backlines scratching healer asses is not a real threat

Bozzax

Post#28 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:58 am

1. Kill WL pets on sight
2. Focus slayers so they drop rage
3. Kill engie turrets
4. Kill overextending melee

Most of all play many sc and learn who is deadly. Assist/guard friendly players that you know influence outcome ... Profit!
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
labotimy

Post#29 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:15 pm

eisenhans wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:11 am Maybe someone could make a guide with nice pictures?
Maybe you could just stop posting.

eisenhans
Suspended

Post#30 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:30 pm

labotimy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:15 pm Maybe you could just stop posting.
Nah, I don't think so, son.