Recent Topics

Ads

Scenarios fate

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Dabbart
Posts: 1971

Re: Scenarios fate

Post#31 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:20 am

Input a Skill Usage Check. If you haven't used Guard in the last 2 SCs, then you lose your Tank Privileges for a week.

/sarcasm. But not really.

Ads
labotimy
Posts: 101

Re: Scenarios fate

Post#32 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:27 am

Dabbart wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:20 am
Input a Skill Usage Check. If you haven't used Guard in the last 2 SCs, then you lose your Tank Privileges for a week.
I would legitimately support a change like this. Too many IB's running around with 2hander and no guard, never again.

User avatar
Nameless
Posts: 849

Re: Scenarios fate

Post#33 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:03 am

The thing is what the game is winning by matchmaking 2h tanks as dps? Nothing, that even make the situation worse. So why devs insist to keep change that is crippling the game is beyond me. What is the reasoning cos the effect is longer ques and more disbalanced sc where tanks eat real dps spots
Mostly harmless

User avatar
Alfa1986
Posts: 438

Re: Scenarios fate

Post#34 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:31 am

Grock wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:52 pm
TenTonHammer wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:06 pm
2) when guard taunt and challenge is blocked out when you equip a 2H
don't give them ideas :lol:
And Then melee sh are considered as a tank, it can be also well protected with appropriate equipment :lol:
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

User avatar
rmpl
Posts: 766

Re: Scenarios fate

Post#35 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:44 am

DokB wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:11 am
Are we really, actually, seriously, literally back to this “2h tanks are not tanks” bullshit argument? Did you miss the 50+ page thread back when the guard change was introduced or did you just conveniently ignore it and passed it off as “whining”?

Don’t tell me you actually used that ridiculously flawed in-game survey as a basis for anything? :lol:
It's like talking to a wall at this point, that's why I don't bother giving any arguments anymore because they don't listen at all. Never thought I'd say it but I actually miss Torque because you could convince him even if it took ages to do it but Warg and Nath just know better, they are extremely passive-aggressive snarky and any feedback is just brushed off. It's the "am i out of touch? no its the children who are wrong" situation when the entire community is against the changes they're pushing but they're stubborn and bitter because we trashtalked them for so long they don't really care about anything we say anymore.

User avatar
Xumae
Posts: 96

Re: Scenarios fate

Post#36 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:20 am

rmpl wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:44 am
DokB wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:11 am
Are we really, actually, seriously, literally back to this “2h tanks are not tanks” bullshit argument? Did you miss the 50+ page thread back when the guard change was introduced or did you just conveniently ignore it and passed it off as “whining”?

Don’t tell me you actually used that ridiculously flawed in-game survey as a basis for anything? :lol:
It's like talking to a wall at this point, that's why I don't bother giving any arguments anymore because they don't listen at all. Never thought I'd say it but I actually miss Torque because you could convince him even if it took ages to do it but Warg and Nath just know better, they are extremely passive-aggressive snarky and any feedback is just brushed off. It's the "am i out of touch? no its the children who are wrong" situation when the entire community is against the changes they're pushing but they're stubborn and bitter because we trashtalked them for so long they don't really care about anything we say anymore.
banned
Nezeb rr8x dps dok
Demonlarry rr7x Magus
Squigdakka rr7xSquig herder
Mcronalds rr6x Mara

Jail
Posts: 376

Re: Scenarios fate

Post#37 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:21 am

Natherul wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:40 pm
Ironbeard wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:08 pm
Natherul, would you at least consider counting 2h tanks as tanks and not dps? Because the majority ARE tanks. Maybe if they slot focused offense, count them as a dps, but otherwise they are tanks. Its inflating the pool of dps and deflating the pool of tanks, and the niche of 2h tanks IS scenarios, so it seems so very odd to penalize them.
I dont make decisions on my own, but from me thats an absolute no. If you want to be a tank then use the proper weapons for it.
Makes sense!!!!

orfeask
Posts: 52

Re: Scenarios fate

Post#38 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:45 am

Natherul wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:40 pm
Ironbeard wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:08 pm
Natherul, would you at least consider counting 2h tanks as tanks and not dps? Because the majority ARE tanks. Maybe if they slot focused offense, count them as a dps, but otherwise they are tanks. Its inflating the pool of dps and deflating the pool of tanks, and the niche of 2h tanks IS scenarios, so it seems so very odd to penalize them.
I dont make decisions on my own, but from me thats an absolute no. If you want to be a tank then use the proper weapons for it.
A 2hand tank is still a tank because it still has the tank toolkit (just without HtL), while it will never be a dps cause no 2hand tank will reach the killing capacity of an mdps.
And this descision of considering 2hand tanks as "dps" is actually increasing the queues for dps, plus matchmaking balance wise you would rather have a 2hand tank filling a tank spot than a dps spot.

Ads
Hienzwar
Posts: 96

Re: Scenarios fate

Post#39 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:01 am

From a T4 perspective SC's are in a far better place with the recent changes, yes you have the premades who will roll the majority of pugs but the domination mechanic means that the wc farm is lessened and more people are joining meaning mores sc's.

As for pop issue with the lower tier is it possible to mirror the lakes and have two brackets of sc with a bolster for those 16-30?

Traditionally sc's geared towards 6mans etc are not heavily used, people like to be in 6 man and face pugs for a fast farm of tokens etc - these groups often arrange 6v6 etc when they want.

Grovod Caverns would be great, my favorite sc :D

Klozje
Posts: 8

Re: Scenarios fate

Post#40 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:27 am

Step 1: Force Chosen and Knight to use 2H if they want a 10 second CD on their knock back.
Step 2: Punish people for playing 2H tanks.

Hmm yeah I can see the logic here.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amorphium, Capo69700, havartii, Twohandernoob and 42 guests