SC almost dead

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: SC almost dead

Post#121 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:10 pm

flintboth wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:09 pm
Yes and one team is playing in a tank and the other one have one hammer only.
Right, and the team that is using the hammer has the opportunity to use a tank, too, but they decide not to, due to how 'long it takes to build a tank'.
Image

Ads
Akalukz
Posts: 596

Re: SC almost dead

Post#122 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:11 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:05 pm
Akalukz wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:01 pm
mubbl wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Sportsmanship is what wargrimnir is refering to, i guess.
Since most of the scs are not deathmatches.
Agreed, i think most people don't understand how to be a good sport. This is why sports have rules... like a 10 run rule in baseball (little league) this is why coaches put in the 2nd and 3rd string players when they are dominating the game. A lot of people here profess to want fair and challenging fights, yet they are the exact ones that are doing the griefing. (some not all)
Winning your opposition is not 'griefing', lol. It's funny that it seems to becoming a thing to consider it as such, though.

IRL Sports tend to consist of two similar level teams, do they not? How can you compare an organised & fairly balanced sports game to the state that is RoR SC, when teams are rarely ever the same skill level?
I assume you don't have kids in sports, because I can assure you outside of professional sports, the skill level between teams can be huge from peewee through college.

I am not saying winning is bad, I am referring to what Wargrimnir is saying about teams spawn camping / not doing the objectives as intended. There is such a thing as doing the decent thing,,, IE finishing as scenario as quickly as possible instead of prolonging the end through farming.
-= Agony =-

User avatar
flintboth
Posts: 429
Contact:

Re: SC almost dead

Post#123 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:13 pm

You are the most competitiv... in bad faith especialy.
Orks can't smile they have "too much" teeth ! - gobeline artillerie -

User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: SC almost dead

Post#124 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:18 pm

Akalukz wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:11 pm
There is such a thing as doing the decent thing,,, IE finishing as scenario as quickly as possible instead of prolonging the end through farming.
99% of people are in favour of doing that, mate. Noone wants prolonged fights, with one side idling in their WC while the other sits outside. Problem is that a lot of the SC maps have incredibly long, monotonous objectives; having to do these while the enemy idles at WC is nothing short of masochism, as it is not fun for any of the parties involved. Previous system sought to remedy this in that it would end hopeless SC asap, and although that is what the current system aims to do, it does so by also punishing the winning side if they trigger Domination via kills - ultimately resulting in less emblems overall as the points no longer auto-end at 500 anymore (unless changed again?).
Image

Akalukz
Posts: 596

Re: SC almost dead

Post#125 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:21 pm

Quick question, is there a seperate queue manger for solo vs group queuing?
-= Agony =-

Akalukz
Posts: 596

Re: SC almost dead

Post#126 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:25 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:18 pm
Akalukz wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:11 pm
There is such a thing as doing the decent thing,,, IE finishing as scenario as quickly as possible instead of prolonging the end through farming.
99% of people are in favour of doing that, mate. Noone wants prolonged fights, with one side idling in their WC while the other sits outside. Problem is that a lot of the SC maps have incredibly long, monotonous objectives; having to do these while the enemy idles at WC is nothing short of masochism, as it is not fun for any of the parties involved. Previous system sought to remedy this in that it would end hopeless SC asap, and although that is what the current system aims to do, it does so by also punishing the winning side if they trigger Domination via kills - ultimately resulting in less emblems overall as the points no longer auto-end at 500 anymore (unless changed again?).
Or by encouraging them to do the actual objective in order to get the 500 point reward. While you seem to feel it is fine for people to be camped, but playing the actual match is "nothing short of masochism" seems somewhat ironic. Not sure there will ever be an actual solution honestly. Scenarios were originally designed as something to do in downtimes of RvR (in the original game) Maybe they should take the carrot away and let it become a testing ground of groups only. EDIT: to add I am not specifically saying it is you Peter, I am not sure who you are in-game and have never personally seen you grief anyone.

EDIT:2 I do find it funny that you are complaining about not getting the 500 point reward though, even though you aren't doing the objectives. I would assume you would just get a group together to accomplish the objectives :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-= Agony =-

User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: SC almost dead

Post#127 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:32 pm

Akalukz wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:25 pm
peterthepan3 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:18 pm
Akalukz wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:11 pm
There is such a thing as doing the decent thing,,, IE finishing as scenario as quickly as possible instead of prolonging the end through farming.
99% of people are in favour of doing that, mate. Noone wants prolonged fights, with one side idling in their WC while the other sits outside. Problem is that a lot of the SC maps have incredibly long, monotonous objectives; having to do these while the enemy idles at WC is nothing short of masochism, as it is not fun for any of the parties involved. Previous system sought to remedy this in that it would end hopeless SC asap, and although that is what the current system aims to do, it does so by also punishing the winning side if they trigger Domination via kills - ultimately resulting in less emblems overall as the points no longer auto-end at 500 anymore (unless changed again?).
Or by encouraging them to do the actual objective in order to get the 500 point reward. While you seem to feel it is fine for people to be camped, but playing the actual match is "nothing short of masochism" seems somewhat ironic. Not sure there will ever be an actual solution honestly. Scenarios were originally designed as something to do in downtimes of RvR (in the original game) Maybe they should take the carrot away and let it become a testing ground of groups only. EDIT: to add I am not specifically saying it is you Peter, I am not sure who you are in-game and have never personally seen you grief anyone.
Encouraging people to do the objective to get the 500 point reward is fine, provided you're actually fighting in the process. Why would you want to do the objective, uncontested, with your enemy having no intention whatsoever of coming out to fight you for it? When I mentioned masochism, it is these such instances that I am referring to.

Perhaps we could try something like this: if you amass X amount of kills, and if the enemy stays in the WC for too long, then you trigger a domination-like effect that will increase points gained for objective capture by 100% for the next 2/3 minutes? That way if the enemy has no intention of coming out of the WC, you would only have to do the objective 2 or 3 times to end the map, and finish with your rewards; but if the enemy did want to come out, and give it one more try, they would have 2/3 minutes to try and thwart your objective capturing?

PS. I know man - no worries!
Image

Akalukz
Posts: 596

Re: SC almost dead

Post#128 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:39 pm

It's a 2 sided coin Peter :)

You could say Why would you want to do the scenario, with no chance, of beating your enemy who has no intentions whatsoever of even doing the base scenario objectives. Oh well, i must get back to work Thank for the good conversation.
-= Agony =-

Ads
mubbl
Posts: 157

Re: SC almost dead

Post#129 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:47 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:05 pm
Akalukz wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:01 pm
mubbl wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Sportsmanship is what wargrimnir is refering to, i guess.
Since most of the scs are not deathmatches.
Agreed, i think most people don't understand how to be a good sport. This is why sports have rules... like a 10 run rule in baseball (little league) this is why coaches put in the 2nd and 3rd string players when they are dominating the game. A lot of people here profess to want fair and challenging fights, yet they are the exact ones that are doing the griefing. (some not all)
Winning your opposition is not 'griefing', lol. It's funny that it seems to becoming a thing to consider it as such, though.

IRL Sports tend to consist of two similar level teams, do they not? How can you compare an organised & fairly balanced sports game to the state that is RoR SC, when teams are rarely ever the same skill level?
No, winning is not griefing. But how you win...
What is the reason for basecamp and not securing the objective?
Wouldnt compare ror and irl sports.

User avatar
Jail
Posts: 376

Re: SC almost dead

Post#130 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:47 pm

Yaliskah wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:46 pm
Just trolling but, on live, scenarios were pretty rare and completely unbalanced too, they have obviously not done any fix in 5 years. This said.. You have high expectations from a total non professional team, 40x smaller to solve it :), I really thank you for the respect you seems to have Iin our skills, but maybe you should keep in mind that no one should be more royalist than the king..

This said, like almost everything in this Huge Work in progress mess, we have to find solution, test, change, move on, come back, test, and maybe some day it will be even worst!...
Worst. Indeed mate.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests