Ads

SC almost dead

Let's talk about... everything else
flintboth

Re: SC almost dead

Post#111 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:28 pm

Prove it !

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33095

I know, you are wrong, I was here at the begining and I have seen who was farmed in past before some gear was implemented.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#112 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:37 pm

flintboth wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:28 pm Prove it !

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33095

I know, you are wrong, I was here at the begining and I have seen who was farmed in past before some gear was implemented.

flintboth

Post#113 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Ask for a apecial scenario Event, Nordenwatch (or available for all the scenarios, pop will be increased for sure and competitiveness will be fabulous !), during one week only the weapons available to join that scenario (gear set and jewels wil be automaticly disabled).
Last edited by flintboth on Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mubbl

Post#114 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Spoiler:
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:15 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:27 am No, we as the team are developing the framework that the community can grow and progress with. The existing framework was frequently so one-sided people would straight up uninstall the game.
Let them uninstall then. If people are really uninstalling their game after dying in a PvP game, then are they really the sorts of people you want to be accommodating for in the first place?
wargrimnir wrote:The community at large is quite supportive, but it only takes a handful of players doing their worst to ruin the game for others. We simply can't have systems that reward you for doing so. We certainly aren't looking to cater to "everyone", at least not equally.
Not sure what to make of this...doing your 'worst' as in killing the enemy, over and over again? Doing your 'worst' as in forcing people to uninstall (apparently) instead of learning how to play, or adapting?

The last part of this is a bit disheartening, and I think I already know which part of the community you don't really want to cater to. Sad, to be honest.

wargrimnir wrote:Regarding 2h tanks, I've already addressed the matchmaking mechanic in another thread. They fill significantly different roles than a def tank.
They provide Guard, they provide Challenge, they provide CC, they provide snares, they provide tank Morales...2h tanks are still tanks, man - signed literally every tank player who has a clue. It would make a world of difference for the SC manager if they were assigned as such, so why not try it out and see?
Sportsmanship is what wargrimnir is refering to, i guess.
Since most of the scs are not deathmatches.
Last edited by mubbl on Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DokB

Post#115 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Still waiting on the justification as to why 2h tanks are considered DPS.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Akalukz

Post#116 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:01 pm

mubbl wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:47 pm
Agreed, i think most people don't understand how to be a good sport. This is why sports have rules... like a 10 run rule in baseball (little league) this is why coaches put in the 2nd and 3rd string players when they are dominating the game. A lot of people here profess to want fair and challenging fights, yet they are the exact ones that are doing the griefing. (some not all)
-= Agony =-

mubbl

Post#117 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:03 pm

DokB wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:47 pm Still waiting on the justification as to why 2h tanks are considered DPS.
#me2

WeGotThis

Post#118 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:03 pm

When 2H Tank slots "Focused Offence", then he is close to be called dps... (not cuz of dmg, but he is squishy :D )

Otherwise Tank is Tank 2h or SnB doesnt matter...
Last edited by WeGotThis on Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#119 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:05 pm

Akalukz wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:01 pm
mubbl wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:47 pm
Agreed, i think most people don't understand how to be a good sport. This is why sports have rules... like a 10 run rule in baseball (little league) this is why coaches put in the 2nd and 3rd string players when they are dominating the game. A lot of people here profess to want fair and challenging fights, yet they are the exact ones that are doing the griefing. (some not all)
Winning your opposition is not 'griefing', lol. It's funny that it seems to becoming a thing to consider it as such, though.

IRL Sports tend to consist of two similar level teams, do they not? How can you compare an organised & fairly balanced sports game to the state that is RoR SC, when teams are rarely ever the same skill level?

flintboth

Post#120 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:09 pm

Yes and one team is playing in a tank and the other one have one hammer only.