Ads

SC almost dead

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: SC almost dead

Post#161 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:33 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:14 pm
normanis wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:00 pm 1 scenario for hardcore
Just gonna react about this. Cause got someting in mind since month around this idea.

What does Hardcore means exactly in actual state of the game? You propose Harcore sc with higher rewards, which in absolute terms is legitimate on the condition of you link directly higher loss too. Isn't it?

My problem with scenarios in general, if we speak in "hardcore" terms, is that, no one lose anything, wealth is growing and made with air. By my side, i'm ok to make a x5 reward specific scenario (medals, renown...) if the reward itself don't come from nowhere. In simple terms, if the crown of winners is made with the blood of losers. THEN we will start to talk about " Hardcore" scenario and Hardcore players.

Each medals you will gain will be taken on losers inventory, each renown point will be taken on losers renown level.
Now, question is, Is there any "Hardcore" player who would take the risk ? If answer is no, well...
If the rewards/incentives were worth it (a la 5% PvE damage weapon-tier+), then sure. Good luck getting the more inexperienced groups to try it out, though, but if your intention was for such a SC to facilitate solely to the hardcore groups, and if rewards were incredibly good (because they'd have to be to justify investing time into it and potentially losing your stuff), then why not.

In WoW arenas, you lose your rating if you lose a match, which can effectively lock you out of accessing the top-tier PvP gear. Perhaps a 'rating system' could be used here?

Ads
flintboth

Post#162 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:01 pm

Most of the time I join scenarios as solo but "have one hardcore scenario" like you have described would encourage me and some I presume to make a group and queue for.
Increase rewards, win your Renown and your Experience from the losing team will be fun and create a real challenge in progression and for the contest ! blood for the blood god !
Only available for group queue.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Alfa1986

Post#163 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:53 pm

WeGotThis wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:19 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:43 pm
Spoiler:
WeGotThis wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:17 am Well i don't see much problem in SC's, yea the new buff for the loosing team is kind of a good idea,
which isnt optmal worked out (in my mind).

But we had even dropping numbers of SC's pop's months bevor that patch.

I see more than just 1 reason why people don't Que up for SC's..
But the biggest one i see in RvR. I remeber earlier times, when we had a full server with 1400/1400 player,
and with the bigger number over all the zerg was not that big, as it is now..

The changes in RvR made it more and more a "zerg" game, we have at EU Prime about 150-200 ppl on both sides,
sitting in 4-8WB's and camping WC or keep. So 300-400 people are just literally not able to Que for SC's,
because you cant while in warband.

Whole alliance with about 3-4 premade's left the game last year, or joining warbands. :cry:

You can't do anything as solo or small scale party against those mass.
If the zergs would split over multiple zones (2 or 3) more people would do 6 or 12 man, or duo, trio.
Then they would Que up in their sessions.
Yes i know, you can attack multiple zones, but that doesnt split the zerg when you need at least a warband to kill the keep lord in less than 30 minuts and therefor you mustn't have defenders.

Already getting to long, but the pool of players playing SC's and RvR is the same,
you cant magicaly fix SC's without change RvR ;)
What's thing? Cannot split the zerg over multiple zones, then split it in this zone).
Yea... have you ever tried to split 300 people in Troll Country? :lol:
Well in TC it works actually, some are running supplies and the rest plays the Warcamp game :D

I'm soloing arround with lvl 20+ SM actually and i always get a concussion from facepalming when i see 3 warband's carring arround about 6 ressources. I mean, it fells like playing delivery Simulator :lol:
if getting resources bind with the control of at least 3 BOs, then the attacking side will be forced to split the zerg.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Dackle

Post#164 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:47 am

Lurehtan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:42 pm " Inikah "
Now there is a name worthy of a ban!

Ashoris

Post#165 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:35 am

can you stop about talking about "premades" as something elite please ?
There are more premades out as you even notice - because a lot of them do not play signifcantly better than a mixed Bag of PuGs, same as there are often a duo or a mixed bag of good players called a premade....

If you force such casual "just for Fun" premades to fight only vs others premades they will soon stop to play.

We have what?, about 4-6 "more serious" premades as a whole on this server and even they could be split in 2 or more categories of seriousness.

for example i play with a guild grp where
1 Person is playing exactly 4h a week not a second more.
at least 2 persons dont care about patch notes, changes or synergies.
not 1 of us really knows all of the classes, Abilities ... or speccs
3 of us dont care about UI configuration ....
and so on ...

Is this a serious group ? For me there is a lot room for improvement so i wouldnt.
But reality is there are a lot of premades worse than us so i could count us in the upper Tier ( we queue 6vs6 from time to time, winning sometimes, losing mor often probably...)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

BeautfulToad

Post#166 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:13 am

Tanks and healers get a lot of scenario pops, if you join as dps you get fewer. Id make 2H tanks a tank class for scens tho

Sulorie

Post#167 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:32 am

2h tanks, dps healer and dps just have to find a healer/tank or to some extent another dd to queue as a duo or bigger group to get faster pops.
Might be a good way to promote building groups to get pops. :P
Dying is no option.

orfeask

Post#168 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:56 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:32 am 2h tanks, dps healer and dps just have to find a healer/tank or to some extent another dd to queue as a duo or bigger group to get faster pops.
Or 2hand tanks can equip a sword and shield while queue'ing and change back to their 2handed weapon when they are in the scenario, simple solution without the need of spamming /5 .

Ads
Sulorie

Post#169 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:07 pm

orfeask wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:56 pm
Sulorie wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:32 am 2h tanks, dps healer and dps just have to find a healer/tank or to some extent another dd to queue as a duo or bigger group to get faster pops.
Or 2hand tanks can equip a sword and shield while queue'ing and change back to their 2handed weapon when they are in the scenario, simple solution without the need of spamming /5 .
With such an honest playerbase, do you think anyone would do this? :^)
Dying is no option.

Ysaran

Post#170 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:09 pm

orfeask wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:56 pm
If you read what Wargrminir wrote in this post you would know that this won't work (at least not for all classes)
Zputadenti