Recent Topics

Ads

SC almost dead

Let's talk about... everything else
Zxul

Re: SC almost dead

Post#141 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:14 pm

As a side note, as someone having a dps snb tank, this thread is highly amusing.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Manatikik

Post#142 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:32 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:45 pm

Anyway, if you're playing a reasonably tanky tank and happen to be holding a big sword, you're fine. You look cool AF too. But if you go full loldps, you'll be treated as such. Shunned by your peers, your mother will cry, and the Matchmaker is gonna getcha.
Now I am confused. Does the matchmaker differ between str stacking 2h tanks and defensive 2h tanks?
If yes, then this was never stated anywhere before.

I’ve been told the only thing the match maker actually looks at is Divine Fury and everything else is just archetypal. But that info could always be outdated or just plain wrong.
<Montague><Capulet>

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#143 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:11 pm

Manatikik wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:35 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:45 pm

Anyway, if you're playing a reasonably tanky tank and happen to be holding a big sword, you're fine. You look cool AF too. But if you go full loldps, you'll be treated as such. Shunned by your peers, your mother will cry, and the Matchmaker is gonna getcha.
Now I am confused. Does the matchmaker differ between str stacking 2h tanks and defensive 2h tanks?

I’ve been told the only thing the match maker actually looks at is Divine Fury and everything else is just archetypal. But that info could always be outdated or just plain wrong.
It varies depending on the class. DF, stats, and mastery spec are factors for AM/Sham. Chosen/Kotbs are never considered DPS apparently, seems dumb. RP/z are a simple DF check. Other tanks are a shield check. WP/Dok depends on mastery spec.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Flavorburst

Post#144 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:23 pm

I am still confused. Where is the line for "loldps" on tank?

A) Slotting FO

B) Having more than 1-2 Str talies

C) Wearing a 2h

D) Having a certain amount of points in a mastery tree

E) All/most of the above

I am like 99% sure I get slotted as a "dps" in SCs (since I always seem to be in SCs with 230948 other tanks), but this is my gear:

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... jalpinulva

Which leads me to believe that it's either C and/or D. Which is crazy for a character that has almost 11k wounds, ~5k armor, can reach around 70/40/40 for p/d/d, more toughness than str, -15%ish chance to be crit, and 12-15% arp reduction.

So, if I am correct, that means I am not considered a tank because I don't have ~7% block stacked on top of all that. That doesn't seem sensible to me.

Luuca

Post#145 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:30 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:23 pm I am still confused. Where is the line for "loldps" on tank?

A) Slotting FO

C) Wearing a 2h

E) All/most of the above

I am like 99% sure I get slotted as a "dps" in SCs (since I always seem to be in SCs with 230948 other tanks), but this is my gear:

Which leads me to believe that it's either C and/or D. Which is crazy for a character that has almost 11k wounds, ~5k armor, can reach around 70/40/40 for p/d/d, more toughness than str, -15%ish chance to be crit, and 12-15% arp reduction.

So, if I am correct, that means I am not considered a tank because I don't have ~7% block stacked on top of all that. That doesn't seem sensible to me.
Ahh yes.. the old 230949 vs 230948 Stonetroll Crossing SCs... waxing nostalgic

Forgottenpassword2

Post#146 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:37 pm

Re-utilize the system for guild quests that you have recently implemented; create a couple of (actual pick up) group duo,trio, x-quests recycling dyes, event items, trophies, titles, or amp up the social aspects of server events (the mailing thing was a good start, try one based on grouping and slowly escalate the #'s with each new event from duo to warband) - you need cataclysts for networking and community building (read: transfer of knowledge and easing of butthurt).

You cannot fix this issue by treating its symptoms.
Last edited by Forgottenpassword2 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flavorburst

Post#147 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:37 pm

Luuca wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:30 pm
Flavorburst wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:23 pm I am still confused. Where is the line for "loldps" on tank?

A) Slotting FO

C) Wearing a 2h

E) All/most of the above

Ahh yes.. the old 230949 vs 230948 Stonetroll Crossing SCs... waxing nostalgic

mubbl

Post#148 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:10 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:11 pm

It varies depending on the class. DF, stats, and mastery spec are factors for AM/Sham. Chosen/Kotbs are never considered DPS apparently, seems dumb. RP/z are a simple DF check. Other tanks are a shield check. WP/Dok depends on mastery spec.
So what is correct? this post, or your post on page 14?
Last edited by mubbl on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Tesq

Post#149 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:11 am

Its not hard... just ppl isnt dumb , they can play and have fun or they can play, have fun AND get rewards...what they'll pick?

Problems
-Sc rewards suck for all
-archtype system now suck for tanks
-renow is low compared to rvr.
-May be locked into a loose sc stroll making above points even worst.
-no controll of class entering into sc making above poi ts even worst

Solutions (cuz im a always right git)
- get back to set trinity (rvr/sc/pve)

-anchor tank archtype to a double condition of str and melee crit values (and int + m.crit for healers).....ditch whatever criteria you are using now

-increase min renown inside sc for loosing side aka make it less proportional but exponential aka for exemple not 200 renow for every 100 points but give more of the potential ammount at lower points value and less and even left while you movimg up for get to 500.

-less random queue, make a win/loose session scoreboard server side to balance more sc ongoing at the same time (after system alredy implemented require class x for create sc, it will pick from a winning scoreboard ppl which also had won or viceversa.

-allow live feature play as monster so that you can temporaney change into a healer or tank of inferior rank/rr.
This way ppl inside sc can still have some heals and some tanks and can manually balance sc.
Last edited by Tesq on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#150 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:20 am

mubbl wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:10 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:11 pm

So what is correct? this post, or your post on page 14?
This one shouldnt, cause it is not in line with the patch notes from february 16th...
Looks like we're due for some updates then. I suppose it fits well enough with our current goal of tampering with scenarios anyway.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog