Recent Topics

Ads

Standarize scenarios rewards

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
michela89
Posts: 144

Re: Standarize scenarios rewards

Post#11 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:38 pm

usually when you lose but put up somewhat of a fight, let's say 500-300 , you still get some good emblems/xp/rp


but yeah stomps like that are a complete waste of time
Spirito - swordmaster
x - dok

Ads
User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: Standarize scenarios rewards

Post#12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:53 pm

Korsario wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:31 pm
This is a good idea because it helps with 2 things lacking on this sever atm, 1 lack of scenarios 2 let people get experience so they can play at rnak 40. And people afking has very easy solutions, if you havent engaged in 2 mintues you get kicked with leaver debuff.
Again, what sort of precedent are you setting by rewarding the losers - y'know, the guys who lost - exponentially? This will just result in even more of a dumbed down, puggified PvP climate that has already had negative consequences in all areas of the game.
Image

Korsario
Posts: 18

Re: Standarize scenarios rewards

Post#13 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:05 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:53 pm
Korsario wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:31 pm
This is a good idea because it helps with 2 things lacking on this sever atm, 1 lack of scenarios 2 let people get experience so they can play at rnak 40. And people afking has very easy solutions, if you havent engaged in 2 mintues you get kicked with leaver debuff.
Again, what sort of precedent are you setting by rewarding the losers - y'know, the guys who lost - exponentially? This will just result in even more of a dumbed down, puggified PvP climate that has already had negative consequences in all areas of the game.

Hope you are feeling high and mighty in your ivory tower, I hope yous till find it elite and amazing once you are the only one there. Losing shouldnt be felt as a waste of time just rewarded apropietly, pugs shouldnt be punished they arleady have a bad time as it is. Winner would get double the rewards already why should they be upset about it? Losing is ok as long as people keep participating and having fun.

User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: Standarize scenarios rewards

Post#14 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:11 pm

Ivory Tower? Nah - just don't think we should facilitate even further to bad and/or unorganised than has already been the case.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
CountTalabecland
Posts: 403

Re: Standarize scenarios rewards

Post#15 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:34 pm

Due to terrible class compositions on Order especially, don’t pug scens. Ik it comes off as elitist to a lot of people but you really need to make a 6 man grp or at least a tank,dps, healer group. Not only will you share in all rewards more because you have the tank, dmg, heal holy trinity of contribution, but yes you will likely win more.

Solo joining scens is an illusion, it was an optimistic mechanic to add to the game but it is in fact useless and a waste of time for rewards. I guess the only part of it that works is that is an “instant” game mode. Truth is, this is a grp game, you need a group with reliable guard, dps, and healing to optimize returns.

If you must insist, there is the pug only scenario. Just play that one.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/71) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/35) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/74) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 905

Re: Standarize scenarios rewards

Post#16 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:21 pm

CountTalabecland wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:34 pm
Due to terrible class compositions on Order especially, don’t pug scens. Ik it comes off as elitist to a lot of people but you really need to make a 6 man grp or at least a tank,dps, healer group. Not only will you share in all rewards more because you have the tank, dmg, heal holy trinity of contribution, but yes you will likely win more.

Solo joining scens is an illusion, it was an optimistic mechanic to add to the game but it is in fact useless and a waste of time for rewards. I guess the only part of it that works is that is an “instant” game mode. Truth is, this is a grp game, you need a group with reliable guard, dps, and healing to optimize returns.

If you must insist, there is the pug only scenario. Just play that one.
How the **** does ‘just group up’ come off as elitist. No one is saying ‘min max your comp’ and ****; just use the guild/alliance and /5 functions for what they’re made for - grouping up.
<Montague><Capulet>

User avatar
CountTalabecland
Posts: 403

Re: Standarize scenarios rewards

Post#17 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:12 pm

Spoiler:
Manatikik wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:21 pm
CountTalabecland wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:34 pm
Due to terrible class compositions on Order especially, don’t pug scens. Ik it comes off as elitist to a lot of people but you really need to make a 6 man grp or at least a tank,dps, healer group. Not only will you share in all rewards more because you have the tank, dmg, heal holy trinity of contribution, but yes you will likely win more.

Solo joining scens is an illusion, it was an optimistic mechanic to add to the game but it is in fact useless and a waste of time for rewards. I guess the only part of it that works is that is an “instant” game mode. Truth is, this is a grp game, you need a group with reliable guard, dps, and healing to optimize returns.

If you must insist, there is the pug only scenario. Just play that one.
How the **** does ‘just group up’ come off as elitist. No one is saying ‘min max your comp’ and ****; just use the guild/alliance and /5 functions for what they’re made for - grouping up.
I have no idea. I don’t agree with it, but that is the answer I see all the time when Peter and other say “just make a group.” In fact I think someone already called it such earlier in this thread. Seems easy to me but a lot of pug players complain about it. :roll:
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/71) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/35) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/74) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

User avatar
Eathisword
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 804

Re: Standarize scenarios rewards

Post#18 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:28 pm

Korsario wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:05 pm
Hope you are feeling high and mighty in your ivory tower, I hope yous till find it elite and amazing once you are the only one there. Losing shouldnt be felt as a waste of time just rewarded apropietly, pugs shouldnt be punished they arleady have a bad time as it is. Winner would get double the rewards already why should they be upset about it? Losing is ok as long as people keep participating and having fun.
High and mighty Peterpan ! All hail !

Seriously, losing 500-0 with 0-1 kill happens. Leaving with 10k xp more isn't gonna make people ''have fun" as you say. Xp dont make the game fun. Renown either. A good fight does. Sometimes you get one, sometimes you don't.

Losing means : you failed. Generally, games don't reward you for failing. If you fail in a dungeon, you don'T get half the gear. If you lose at poker, you don'T get half the money. Same goes at PvP : when you lose you don'T get rewarded. Accept that or do something else in the game or in another game. See this as any other RPG games : when you die in a fight, in say Witcher, you do not progress your quest. You have to reload and retry. Same in a scenario. Requeue and retry.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
Korsario
Posts: 18

Re: Standarize scenarios rewards

Post#19 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:01 pm

Eathisword wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:28 pm
Korsario wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:05 pm
Hope you are feeling high and mighty in your ivory tower, I hope yous till find it elite and amazing once you are the only one there. Losing shouldnt be felt as a waste of time just rewarded apropietly, pugs shouldnt be punished they arleady have a bad time as it is. Winner would get double the rewards already why should they be upset about it? Losing is ok as long as people keep participating and having fun.
High and mighty Peterpan ! All hail !

Seriously, losing 500-0 with 0-1 kill happens. Leaving with 10k xp more isn't gonna make people ''have fun" as you say. Xp dont make the game fun. Renown either. A good fight does. Sometimes you get one, sometimes you don't.

Losing means : you failed. Generally, games don't reward you for failing. If you fail in a dungeon, you don'T get half the gear. If you lose at poker, you don'T get half the money. Same goes at PvP : when you lose you don'T get rewarded. Accept that or do something else in the game or in another game. See this as any other RPG games : when you die in a fight, in say Witcher, you do not progress your quest. You have to reload and retry. Same in a scenario. Requeue and retry.
Or just dont reqeue and scenarios grind to a halt like it ahs been happening, think of a solution instead of jsut acceptign the problem?

Korsario
Posts: 18

Re: Standarize scenarios rewards

Post#20 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:03 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:11 pm
Ivory Tower? Nah - just don't think we should facilitate even further to bad and/or unorganised than has already been the case.
Yeah ivory tower, its clearly seen you havent been a new player in a logn time so you are completely out of touch with the situation.

Why facilitate it for the new player and having more people to play with a bad thing?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot], Ysaran and 25 guests