Recent Topics

Ads

Guide for new players - PVE sets progression?

Let's talk about... everything else
alusnova

Guide for new players - PVE sets progression?

Post#1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:05 am

Hi all,

Wondering if there is a guide or if someone can reply here with the progression that is followed to obtain pve sets, their order when you can obtain them and if they have previous set requirements.

I see some armor requiring wards and they suggested I get sentinel armor for my BIS but I have no idea which dungeon or zone land/ or if my character can even login to the dungeon.

Basically the only sets I remember were Ruin and Beastlord and those are open world boss or PQ to obtain.

Thanks for any clarification and if we get a consice and detailed answers I can edit and make this thread a guide for new players on these pve sets along with zones, loc, dungeons etc.

Thanks

Ads
Flavorburst

Re: Guide for new players - PVE sets progression?

Post#2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:25 am

Gunbad > City Dungeons (Sentinel) > Bastion Stairs

alusnova

Post#3 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:33 am

Flavorburst wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:25 am Gunbad > City Dungeons (Sentinel) > Bastion Stairs
Cool thanks and do I have to complete gunbad to do City dungeons?

Also how many city dungeons are there to do ?

Flavorburst

Post#4 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:11 am

You don't have to complete Gunbad to do city dungeons, but you need the wards (all the pieces outside of the cape) in order to wear the gear from city dungeons.

There are 2 dungeons (per faction). They are usually done one right after another.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#5 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:46 am

alusnova wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:33 am
Flavorburst wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:25 am Gunbad > City Dungeons (Sentinel) > Bastion Stairs
Cool thanks and do I have to complete gunbad to do City dungeons?

Also how many city dungeons are there to do ?
You have to do gunbad and get full Redeye set to equip Sentinel set (from city dungeon) and you see to have sentinel set to equip Bloodlord set (from bastion stair).

But you can run all the dungeon , without restriction.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

wonshot

Post#6 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:58 am

Hello,

Wards: There are currently 3 tiers of wards in RoR atm.
The diferent tiers of wards allow you to equip the next set of pve gear obtained from pve dungeons, it does NOT lock you out from running higher tier dungeons however.

- Gunbad drop the Redeye set, and equipping this set will grant you the first tier of wards
- City dungeons will drop Sentinel set, and you can equip this set after you have completed your Red Eye set and equiped it once.
- Bastion Stairs is the highest pve dungeon available atm. And will drop Bloodlord set, This set can be equiped once you have unlocked all of your Sentinel gear from previous dungeon.

Each of the dungeons have different lockout timers, and while you can run all of them without having any wards expect the difficulty and time required to be immense untill you get a good feel for this content.

I did a livestream of a full Bastion Stairs run with self commentary, hope it might help someone out with strategies and get a better understanding of how pve works in Ror
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/462362597? ... &sort=time
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Luuca

Post#7 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:21 pm

I have searched, but cannot find a good thread on the Bloodlord set for AMs. Anyone have a link? Appearance and stats/bonuses?