Recent Topics

Ads

Portal Griefing

Let's talk about... everything else
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Portal Griefing

Post#21 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:01 pm Nothing like logging in, seeing a fort siege in progress, going to the portal and seeing an enemy wb camping it to gank people trying to join late, and then logging off bc of how pointless it is to even try to get past that. Where would I get the people to push a whole wb off the portal? All of the wbs on my side are already in the fort. Unless the point is that you need to be online when it starts or don’t bother.

Even when you are online, there is no guarantee your one wb will be able to push the losers of the prior zone off the portal due to wc proximity. Especially in BC & Kadrin as others have mentioned. Which just results in being back at your wc miles away from the portal with the same 5 mins timer counting down to get there.

Isn’t the goal to get the pop limit in the fort to max?
Sounds like it's working as intended. Enemy has a warband defending the entrance, you don't. Do something about it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Tesq

Post#22 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:06 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:01 pm Nothing like logging in, seeing a fort siege in progress, going to the portal and seeing an enemy wb camping it to gank people trying to join late, and then logging off bc of how pointless it is to even try to get past that. Where would I get the people to push a whole wb off the portal? All of the wbs on my side are already in the fort. Unless the point is that you need to be online when it starts or don’t bother.

Even when you are online, there is no guarantee your one wb will be able to push the losers of the prior zone off the portal due to wc proximity. Especially in BC & Kadrin as others have mentioned. Which just results in being back at your wc miles away from the portal with the same 5 mins timer counting down to get there.

Sounds like it's working as intended. Enemy has a warband defending the entrance, you don't. Do something about it.
I don think ppl respawning just 150 feet away from the portal it's intended either.

Look at order kv portal distace from wc and compare it with order etaine distance from wc. That difference dosent seems neither fair nor intended, im sure there must be some other des similar wc aswell just way too close to portal.

Brew

Post#23 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:40 pm

Watching Destro cry about portal camping when they have had 2+ weeks of constant double forts because of portal reservation bugs with 0 chance of Order successfully defending. Also Order has gotten nothing from trying to defend recently, no medals/renown etc, while Destro gets full from both.

Gets free gear due to bugs and exploits then when people actually try to fight he cries. Maybe if your realm wasn't full of PvDoor bandwagon nuthuggers you could kill us at the portal.
<Art Supplies>

DONKEYFUNERAL

Post#24 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:15 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 pm

Sincerely, and with all due respect, this feels like an unnatural flow of the progression. The fight to fort should be over. Are we now to battle over another arbitrary objective, e.g. portal? Why not just place a flag there as an alternative? Why not, you may ask? Because it makes no logical sense, in the same way the current implementation makes no sense.

Numbers/population/imbalance cannot be a factor in this. It just makes no logical sense. May as well play the QWOP running game to get into fort.

hphn

Post#25 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:55 am

Brew wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:40 pm Watching Destro cry about portal camping when they have had 2+ weeks of constant double forts because of portal reservation bugs with 0 chance of Order successfully defending. Also Order has gotten nothing from trying to defend recently, no medals/renown etc, while Destro gets full from both.

Gets free gear due to bugs and exploits then when people actually try to fight he cries. Maybe if your realm wasn't full of PvDoor bandwagon nuthuggers you could kill us at the portal.
How to crush destro in one post.
I'm going to start collecting groups for this activity

DirkDaring

Post#26 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:37 am

Sounds like someone had PVP get in their PVE . :lol:
Last edited by DirkDaring on Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#27 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:18 am

Till the devs fix the lag bug that causes defenders get no rr and no medals, best option for a defender is to insure that the top enemy players with rsvps do not get into fort. As said before, game working as intended.... (except for lag bug that is bad for defenders I hope)
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Morf

Post#28 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:03 pm

Don't stress, once u get your invader set you wont ever have to do a fort again.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
wonshot

Post#29 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:06 pm Look at order kv portal distace from wc and compare it with order etaine distance from wc. That difference dosent seems neither fair nor intended, im sure there must be some other des similar wc aswell just way too close to portal.
Why compare oranges to apples?

KV fort portal and BC portal are not too different in terms of distance.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Tesq

Post#30 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:47 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:33 pm
Tesq wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:06 pm Look at order kv portal distace from wc and compare it with order etaine distance from wc. That difference dosent seems neither fair nor intended, im sure there must be some other des similar wc aswell just way too close to portal.
Why compare oranges to apples?

KV fort portal and BC portal are not too different in terms of distance.
exatly, fix both??????????? need state the obvious?