Recent Topics

Ads

Chaos Novels

Let's talk about... everything else
GPMonz3524

Chaos Novels

Post#1 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:41 pm

Hey all,
Was wondering if anyone can give me a list of chaos novels in order if their even are any. Cant find any “list” on google really.
Interested in Khorne or Wulfric/tribesofnorsca. But to be honest anything chaos would be great. Thank you for anyone who points me in the right direction.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: Chaos Novels

Post#2 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:03 pm

The problem with warhammer in both fantasy and 40k is that they never do villain novel perspectives well, ask them to right about the empire, imperium or space marines and their good

and the ones that are good or one some level with what we know black library can do are few and far between like malus darkblade

The Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning game actually got a book series trilogy from black library; Empire in chaos, dark storm gathering and forged in chaos of the 3 i feel that only forged in chaos is actually good, chaos, dark elves and greenskins all go to the bastion stair for various reasons

after that off the top of my head i can recall Van Horstmann its a really good novel and makes him one of the more sympathetic villains in warhammer when you read about his motive and back story and reading how he played the college of light like a fiddle is very enjoyable

I also recommend in a similar vein Archaon: Everchosen and Archaon: Lord of Chaos as it gives his back story and his quest for the 8 treasures of chaos to become everchosen

after that there is valkyia the bloody and palace of the plauge god their alright i didnt care much for them

If your cool with 40k then i DEFIANTLY DEFIANTLY recommend the Word Bearers trilogy

when people talk about good 40k novels they always talk about ciaphas cain or gaunts ghost's but i think that the word bearers trilogy: Dark Apostle, Dark Disciple and Dark Creed or you can get the omnibus that has all 3 novels in it

Is absolutely top tier and deserves to be mentioned as well because it dosnt treat the CSM like absolute jokes or pants on the head retarded Saturday morning cartoon villains, it gives them the respect they deserve as fallen space marines and all the prowess of being one in both combat and tactics while not making the imperium forces they fight push overs either

there was an iron warriors 2 part series and one for the night lords as well that i dont remember the names for but they weren't as good as the word bearers trilogy but still solid reads especially the iron warriors one

GPMonz3524

Post#3 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:50 pm

Thanks for taking the time to type all that out def going to check all those out!

Gnurghoul

Post#4 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:00 pm

Valkia the bloody is pretty decent. Consort to korne and all that.

Her sivald and horstman can all be read in one omnibus called
Champions of chaos

Darks63

Post#5 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:01 am

2 others not mentioned were Blood for the blood god and Wulfrik

Even though you said chaos/norsca The Malus Darkblade books are solid.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

teamjawbox

Post#6 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:51 am

I really enjoyed Mark of Chaos. It's a stand alone book based on an older PC game of the same name. Has some awesome battles in it and is very dark/bloody. It was a very easy read and a real page turner for me.

If you're looking for a good stand alone Warhammer novel with chaos focus and perspective with lots of brutal and bloody battles, this is a good pick imo.

jodymacgregor

Post#7 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:47 am

It's not a novel but there's a great short story from the perspective of a Chaos Warrior called The Laughter of Dark Gods by Bill King. You can find it in an anthology called Ignorant Armies or one that's just called The Laughter of Dark Gods. Follows this Chaos Warrior as he loses more and more of his humanity, battling across the Wastes. Good times.

Vilhelmina

Post#8 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:54 am

I recently read WARQUEEN from BL's novella series: https://www.blacklibrary.com/series/nov ... -2018.html

Although it's set in the awful Age of Sigmarine world, it is about this female leader of a chaos 'Norsca-like' tribe who worships Tzeentch and is having constant scraps with a nearby Khorne tribe. She gets captured and is thrown into the Khorne lord's dungeon and spends the rest of the novel fighting for the Khorne lord's amusement.

Not bad for a novella and the dreadful AoS setting.

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#9 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:56 pm

I'm finishing up Warriors of the Chaos Wastes right now. The Black Library is currently re-releasing a bunch of the older books in omnibus form under the name Warhammer Chronicles. As for a list, Fantastic Fiction is a good source to find what you're looking for, here's their list of all the Warhammer stuff.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Martok

Post#10 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:23 pm

Chaos novels?

Anything by Erica Jong. Oh, and Margaret Atwood.

Or this:

Blame It On My ADD Baby...