Recent Topics

Ads

At lower levels (~10-20), where should we go for EXP?

Let's talk about... everything else
arcdevil

Re: At lower levels (~10-20), where should we go for EXP?

Post#11 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:43 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:45 am
Boleek wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:41 am
I tried doing a small group to do some public quests (is that the term), but exp seemed slow there as well.
well here's you problem

just go straight to orvr
I came back to the game after a long time off, felt like rolling an alt. 2 days later Im back to my mains.

T1 orvr is in a comma, you might see a handful of twinks here and there in a whole afternoon, and scs pop maybe every 20-25 mins. Yes, thats during EU prime. I cant even imagine what off-hours looks like. 1-16 is dead as a doornail and It wouldnt surprise me at all knowing that new players dont stick around long enough to see if it gets better later

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:58 am

arcdevil wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:43 am
and scs pop maybe every 20-25 mins. Yes, thats during EU prime. I cant even imagine what off-hours looks like.
You queue solo for sc?
Dying is no option.

arcdevil

Post#13 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:02 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:58 am
and scs pop maybe every 20-25 mins. Yes, thats during EU prime. I cant even imagine what off-hours looks like.
You queue solo for sc?
Yup. order side. came back recently, my old guild died loooong ago I guess, and still havent shopped around for a new one, I dont even know if Im gonna stick long enough to care

Sulorie

Post#14 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:50 am

arcdevil wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:02 am
Sulorie wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:58 am
You queue solo for sc?
Yup. order side. came back recently, my old guild died loooong ago I guess, and still havent shopped around for a new one, I dont even know if Im gonna stick long enough to care
If you queue as dps class solo, it can take much longer, because matchmaking tries to balance heal/tank/dps and there are naturally more dps classes online. Queue with a group, a duo is already sufficient and you will have faster pops, if one of you is tank/heal. You have to be social and put effort in finding people via ingame chat or ROR discord.
Dying is no option.

DirkDaring

Post#15 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:42 pm

One thing you can, and should be doing, each Tier is collecting all the travel quests, for each pairing. The quests take you to each quest hub within the pairing, as well as to the other pairings , they are a nice bit of experince and gold, just running from quest hub to quest hub, talking to the rally masters., or scouting the Battlefield objectives too.

but as others have said, do a mix of RvR, Scenarios , and Pve, in order to lvl up.

Tanski

Post#16 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:28 pm

It might be worth your time to look into doing the epic quests. They are long quest chains that new players do not really know about that offer a ton of exp and very good items. You should be able to solo the t2 epics at level 19 or 20. For instance I just finished them on my BG and i went from level 19 to almost 22 in one quest and I got a piece of gear that not only has great base stats but has a chance to proc and armor increase. There is another one I will do that has a chance to proc crit increase. Both are great on a 2h BG and will allow me to crush scs until 31, which is my favorite way to level. You can find full info on the epic quests on the wiki.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am