Recent Topics

Ads

WHat do you think about understanding the numbers

Let's talk about... everything else
Badunion

WHat do you think about understanding the numbers

Post#1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:49 am

I am willing to write about a thing that makes most of us think and doubt of what's going on, and maybe come with a solution.

How many of you had been in the situation that now you do X dmg crit , next sec you do X+Y/X-Y on same target same situation? When depending of your class, the amount of Y is like 30-100% less or more (when melee X~1200 and Y~200-600 ,ranged Y being even bigger difference ).Remember to take in consideration what I've said at the beginning when nothing else changes, no buffs de-buffs, all remains the same, but the RNG is crazy.
How many of us are looking at the stats ,and they make an idea about the character you play with and when you face "reality" things gets messy.
How many times we had tried advice or forums for answers. Theories exists , but reality is different .
Before I get banned again by replying to whoever has no clue about gameplay but needs to comment thinking that he needs to do it, please think first before you write something, and do it in a honest and helpful manner.
This post is not about that the game is broken , unfair or that favours a certain class/realm , this is a post of making the game for gamers , for helping everyone new or old to understand what's going on easier , trying to find solutions towards that .

Now bought topics are very complicated in essence if you take the game as it is. What do I mean by that? The numbers are all over the place , one stat of an item gives you 123 other 124 , defensive or offensive. That 1 sometimes makes no difference at all sometimes scales as I wrote above. Sometimes is even on minus instead of being on plus, thing that I didn't even mentioned , so you do less dmg with a better weapon(offensive ) or take more dmg in a hit with a better armour (defensive) .Now keep in mind this is crit related .
In essence I want to discuss with you the RNG that has been implemented in all of the games right now , but when you talk about PVP I think is not healthy to have it. I think this game should focus on more tactical point, if you do the things right at the right moment not AOE spam when is WB time . Think for a minute please , if this game is going to be more fun by making it open to be understand for everyone, to know that if youre a healer and you don't cleanse your buddy of heal de-buff he is gonna die, that if youre a dps and fight a full defensive tank , and instead of spamming hits pay attention to shatter his buffs or use skills at right moment, use them wrong and he can counter with strong hits even if he is defensive . Well this is going in other matter now, but the idea is to reach there, if you want ofc…

WHat do I propose is to simplify things for start, and by this I mean that numbers to be calculated in a sequence of a fixed number , each offensive stat to be calculated trough a multiple of a certain number 5 for example, whatever makes the calculations easier not one weapon have 10dps other 10,2 other 10,7 each one of them with stats all over the place like 10intel/str other 11 etc .I believe that making the weapons on categories which means not only the general offensive and defensive but an approach more user friendly like : there are 5 off weapons for that RR lvl , EACH one of them to do on your any ability same amount of damage but each to have unique secondary who is with a pro and with a con , like if you want high crit you lose defence , if you want to be more defensive you lose from damage/heals. This will lead to people not being able to brake the rock/paper/scissor anymore no matter gear lvl, you like to kite? no problemito seniorito but you get increased cd's etc. Not fair for anyone to have one class to rule them all , and occasionally if you don't pay attention you die . Ofc is from a solo perspective but , instead of pushing against their will towards of a zerg material game , forced pve etc,
I believe that the pvp rewards to give you a pvp ward lets say, who will always beat a pve set .Or if not at least make possible to gain the pve sets trough pvp but not vice versa .
In addition to that , all numbers should be fixed, like you do X crit , there should be every time same X against the same person, if the situation is same, considering buffs de buffs etc , there should be no Y even if Y=1.

Now the second topic is far easier to be solved which is a lot more helpful on the long run for the game than you can think(that's my belief) . ALL defensive stats to be calculated into HP. There will be no more confusion I have a ton of HP, I have a ton of a def stats but I still die vs WE/WH/WL/SW whatever. By defensive stats I mean toughness and armour, they should be increasing the HP exponentially according to the math of dmg reduction they do. Any de buffs used they should be calculated in an honest manner as the tooltips says : you de buff 1000 armour out of his 5000 you and everyone who hits that target gets that percentage of armour bypassed increased. Considering 5000 means 50% dmg reduction = with 50% more hp , the 1000 is 10% more dmg taken But this is only physical dmg you say, the magical dmg will have to hit trough armour now , if you ask me that would better , since resists in this game sucks for the majority. This can have to approaches . The easy one removing of the resists from the game, all people using same dmg as above , making life fair for anyone, and the de buffs in resists that certain classes used to to be transformed into armour de buff according to same thinking of the armour defences , 100 resists = 10% hp then 100 bypass 10% dmg increased. To be mentioned , magical de buff and armour de buff still shouldn't be same even if the dmg is same, the tooltip should still do what is says but will benefit only casters or physicals according to the case. So if a person is affected by bought de buffs the physical attacker wont get the dmg buff from the caster or vice versa.
Now to be mentioned , I don't consider my point of view the best , and certainly can be improved , maybe not even towards my way of thinking but on other direction, but I think that we should talk about this and since this (is a game got by gamers ) we should care about everyone playing this gam even if he has a hard time playing it even if is in the top.
I really want any of you , who are passionate about this game , not really only old days gamers , to read and give your thoughts , debate honest and fair , pros and cons not only about what I said, but what you think that needs to be done , in case I am totally wrong, or if all is great then... I need to wake up I guess.
Ok enough going to play .

Ads
Ysaran

Re: WHat do you think about understanding the numbers

Post#2 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:10 am

Eh, your post is mess. You should try to write it in a more structured manner. Like to write it by points and then elaborate each one separately.
Anyway, I never had problems with numbers. There are a lot of threads which will explain you how does work a certain stat, how is the conversion rate and all the maths about it. In addition it's quite easy to do some test by yourself and it's also really constructive. Everyone who want to improve his knowledge about a certain mechanics should do some test about it, it's really helpful.
I don't agree with conversion defstats->hp. It's would be worst, there are too many def stats to work properly.
To finish, PvE set should be as strong as PvP set. You shouldn't be able to get PvE set via PvP. PvE set are already quite easy to get compered to past and the PvE time investement is comparable (if not even lower) to PvP one.
In conclusion i think that the game is quite fine as it is now and most of you suggestions aren't even implementable, but on this last point i'm not really sure, i'm not a programmer.
Zputadenti

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#3 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:16 am

as Ysaran pointed out OP is very hard to read as it comes across as a wall of text.

But in short answer is no, not going to happen. What you are asking is a total rewrite on how the game works. Not only is it debatable if that would be any improvement or not (I would lean on a no). But it would be a massive task to do, as it would mean rewriting many parts of the client AND serverside.

wachlarz

Post#4 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:27 am

Ysaran wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:10 am Eh, your post is mess. You should try to write it in a more structured manner. Like to write it by points and then elaborate each one separately.
Anyway, I never had problems with numbers. There are a lot of threads which will explain you how does work a certain stat, how is the conversion rate and all the maths about it. In addition it's quite easy to do some test by yourself and it's also really constructive. Everyone who want to improve his knowledge about a certain mechanics should do some test about it, it's really helpful.
I don't agree with conversion defstats->hp. It's would be worst, there are too many def stats to work properly.
To finish, PvE set should be as strong as PvP set. You shouldn't be able to get PvE set via PvP. PvE set are already quite easy to get compered to past and the PvE time investement is comparable (if not even lower) to PvP one.
In conclusion i think that the game is quite fine as it is now and most of you suggestions aren't even implementable, but on this last point i'm not really sure, i'm not a programmer.
Its hard to have gold bag from rvr ? Afk in fort to have inv med ? Or roll for inv set if U win fort ? Sc set are now hardest to get. Pve set need time. Lot of time. From Gunbad full set to Blooflord set. U how lockout. And U need knowlege how bosses work. Proper party and most important U cant go afk.

Ysaran

Post#5 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:44 am

wachlarz wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:27 am
Ysaran wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:10 am Eh, your post is mess. You should try to write it in a more structured manner. Like to write it by points and then elaborate each one separately.
Its hard to have gold bag from rvr ? Afk in fort to have inv med ? Or roll for inv set if U win fort ? Sc set are now hardest to get. Pve set need time. Lot of time. From Gunbad full set to Blooflord set. U how lockout. And U need knowlege how bosses work. Proper party and most important U cant go afk.
you see it from the perspective of end-tier game player. if you start to do gunbad at 31 and city dung at 40 you will get you equip quite fast. to find a proper group isn't a problem, you have many tools: channel 5/, guild, pve discord and forum. to say that is hard to find a proper group is a plain lie.
Gunbad it's been nerfed to the ground and everyone know how to do it.
City dung are even faster than gunbad (on destru side you can do it with only 1 tank, lol).
You can do full BS in less than 3 hours.
for all the 3 dung you can find guide on forum or ask how to do in in /ad channel.
now you can run all three dung in the same week. you can be full Bloodlord in one month. it took me much more time to get my vanq tbh.
the difference between pve and rvr is that if you want to get some result from pve you need preparations and coordination while to get rvr set you just have to jump in a lake, enter a pug wb, die countless time and grab you bag/meds.
in the end the problem is that ppl are lazy and want everything now and effortless.
Zputadenti

Ugle

Post#6 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:47 am

Badunion wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:49 am How many of you had been in the situation that now you do X dmg crit , next sec you do X+Y/X-Y on same target same situation? When depending of your class, the amount of Y is like 30-100% less or more (when melee X~1200 and Y~200-600 ,ranged Y being even bigger difference ).Remember to take in consideration what I've said at the beginning when nothing else changes, no buffs de-buffs, all remains the same, but the RNG is crazy.
Snipping this as the rest was fevered mad man talk :P

Have been in this situation very often, where there are large discrepancies in damage for the same skill, under the exact same conditions, not only regarding crits but also regular hits as well as AA damage.

Always wondered why.

I have written it off as me not seeing all buffs/debuffs mostly, but unless there is quite wide ranges of RNG on the non-crit skills I began writing it off as some bug somehere in the damage calculations under certain circumstances.

It is hard to recreate consistently also, making a bug report that won't be shot down immediatly kinda pointless.

Your initial bugtracker report on the topic should be quite enough tbh, regardless of your less-than-friendly replies which induced the ban iirc :lol:

Edit: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/12257 This was the I was referring to btw

Edit2: I see now that the report status is "fixed".
inactive