Ads

Scenario Discussion

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

Re: Scenario Discussion

Post#11 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:17 pm

RedKnox wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:41 pm
Telen wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:10 pm What if 2 <lvl31 counted as a single lvl40 for sc balancing
I am unsure how that would help? Do you want to elaborate? :)
If the other side has 2 lower tier guys in it you only get 11 players unless you've got 2 lower levels as well.

Ads
zulnam

Post#12 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:29 pm

Man i can hear the whine posts already. “Omg u left 2 r30 WLs beside the other 9 players gg devs”

There’s no simple, clean, solution solely because it’s a population solution.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

TenTonHammer

Post#13 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:38 pm

zulnam wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:29 pm

making 2h tanks count as tanks again instead of being categorized as dps by the sc matchmaker would be one thing devs could do to help que time a little

peterthepan3

Post#14 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:42 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:38 pm

making 2h tanks count as tanks again instead of being categorized as dps by the sc matchmaker would be one thing devs could do to help que time a little
Honestly, this should have been done on the day the scenario manager system came into play. I've said it several times, but to reiterate:

1) 90% of tanks queuing for SC will be 2h, because you can afford to give up the extra protection of Shield when there's less people, 2h tank utility/damage facilitates to smallscale play, and the SC sets themselves are tailored towards Offensive tanks
2) Making 2h tanks count as DPS in the manager essentially means that there are 10000 DPS for every 1 'tank' (shield only) queuing for scenarios, resulting in hella slow pops

If 2h tanks were categorised as actual tanks again, then the pops would probably not be nearly as infrequent.

labotimy

Post#15 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:51 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:38 pm

Is this actually how it works, cause i sit huge queues all the time on my 2handed tanks that happen to be deftard minus the shield.

TiberiusD

Post#16 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:11 pm

It could be nice to have DPS Tanks recognised as Tanks and DPS healers recognised as Healers. The biggest problem for me is that even in T4 I am waiting even 1 hour sometimes for a queue. And I saw everyday that people are struggling to get a queue in T2/T3. Are those queues not worth it? Why people don't join SCs?

peterthepan3

Post#17 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:26 pm

TiberiusD wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:11 pm It could be nice to have DPS Tanks recognised as Tanks and DPS healers recognised as Healers. The biggest problem for me is that even in T4 I am waiting even 1 hour sometimes for a queue. And I saw everyday that people are struggling to get a queue in T2/T3. Are those queues not worth it? Why people don't join SCs?
DPS healers wouldn't work as they are, essentially, DPS at that point: they've most likely gemmed Intelligence/Strength, used the -healing tactics, and so it wouldn't be fair.

2H tanks (not necessarily DPS) is different, because even if you are 2h you still have access to Guard, Challenge, Interrupts, CC, etc.

TiberiusD

Post#18 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:53 pm

How is the SC matchmaking working? Let's say I am a tank with SnB and queued for SCs. What is happening behind and how is the system working? Starting from queue to Actually entering a Scenario. How am I sorted out for that Scenario with those people?

Ads
Sulorie

Post#19 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:55 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:26 pm

DPS healers wouldn't work as they are, essentially, DPS at that point: they've most likely gemmed Intelligence/Strength, used the -healing tactics, and so it wouldn't be fair.

2H tanks (not necessarily DPS) is different, because even if you are 2h you still have access to Guard, Challenge, Interrupts, CC, etc.
Even dps healers can heal a bit. Currently you get sc setups like 1 dps healer, 1 shield tank and 10 normal dps classes on one side and I seriously doubt, that not a single healer is in queue.
Dps healers, who actually want to win, could still swap gear and tactic and be a "2/3" healer.
All those changes to sc queue didn't improve matchmaking one bit, the setups are actually worse than before. Not to mention the terrible queue times.
Dying is no option.

chokeanutsman

Post#20 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Imo.. just make 1-31 easy to get to. The real grind is 40-80 anyways