Recent Topics

Ads

Nooby Class Decision

Let's talk about... everything else
Namseras

Nooby Class Decision

Post#1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:26 am

Hope everyone is doing well. I am currently debating between two classes. (Possibly even both). Slayer and sorc . I am curious about how viable they are endgame , are either of them wanted in groups? In general, are they able to complete with the best ? Thank you.

Ads
BeautfulToad

Re: Nooby Class Decision

Post#2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:27 am

I'd probably go Slayer first. People say they die a lot. I play a BW (mirror of Sorc) and it is the definition of a glass cannon. At low levels it can be solo'd by a small child with a stick if said child is in melee range. Personally, I'd just level the pair of them up and switch between the two and see how you like them.

I found the BW effectiveness also scales much more sharply with levels (and early on you can feel quite useless with BW so you will feel you are doing something wrong), much more so than slayer.

Both classes are considered strong, particularly in endgame.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:33 am

Slayer is a melee glass cannon

Sorc is a ranged glass cannon

Both are viable for groups both are good in endgame

The difference between the 2 is that if you go slayer you don’t have to worry about a white lion pouncing on you and deleting you in 3 seconds

Likeaboss

Post#4 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:19 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:33 am Slayer is a melee glass cannon

Sorc is a ranged glass cannon

Both are viable for groups both are good in endgame

The difference between the 2 is that if you go slayer you don’t have to worry about a white lion pouncing on you and deleting you in 3 seconds
Is there any post you are not whining about WL?

kok

Post#5 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:23 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:33 am The difference between the 2 is that if you go slayer you don’t have to worry about a white lion pouncing on you and deleting you in 3 seconds
At least for sorcerer, you get to see who attacking you when WL jump. Meanwhile with slayer, you just fall over and die with no destro within 100 feet.
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

zulnam

Post#6 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:54 pm

Both are viable classes that have a role in organised warbands (also known as bomb WBs).

Both are fairly fragile but with enough skill, pots and gear can hold their own fairly decently in 1v1s.

Slayer destro mirror is Chippa
Sorc order mirror is Bright Wizard.

You can’t go wrong. Have fun!
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:14 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:19 pm
Is there any post you are not whining about WL?
i just looked through all 3505 of my posts and only in my introduction i dont

:roll:

Ridduk

Post#8 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:33 pm

kok wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:23 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:33 am The difference between the 2 is that if you go slayer you don’t have to worry about a white lion pouncing on you and deleting you in 3 seconds
Meanwhile with slayer, you just fall over and die with no destro within 100 feet.
:D

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#9 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:41 am

You guys know there is a viable tank(ish) slayer build that some players swear by?

Grock

Post#10 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 am

but you have to worry about WEs doing the same thing, as well as Sorcs deleting you in one rotation(not even a full one)

Namseras wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:26 am Hope everyone is doing well. I am currently debating between two classes. (Possibly even both). Slayer and sorc . I am curious about how viable they are endgame , are either of them wanted in groups? In general, are they able to complete with the best ? Thank you.
Both classes can be incredibly punishing for bad play, as they are both glass cannons and are extremely high on target priority list meaning most players will try to focus you whenever they can over other classes.
Both classes shine in organized group play and aren't as good in PUGs/unorganized play, especially Slayer. Both require babysitting from a healer and guarding tank, although Sorc can afford to stay away from danger, while Slayer/Choppa has to dive into the most dangerous part of battle making it one of the most painful classes to play.
Both clases are gear dependant, although i believe Slayer/Choppa more so than Sorc/BW by a virtue of being melee and being limited physical damage only.
tl;dr: wouldn't recommend as the first character
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)