Recent Topics

Ads

Pros and Cons of two currencies

Let's talk about... everything else
zulnam

Pros and Cons of two currencies

Post#1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:57 pm

Medallions and Emblems.

I had a chat with guild mates and found out that it was tried before to unify all gear under one currency, instead of having two. It went very badly with the playerbase.

As someone who would like to try experimental dps healer builds, I would love this, however. The scenario grind is infinite in it's vastness (to put it politely), simply because of a lack of population; which is normal, given the game we're talking about.

I would like to hear what people think and, those who defend two currencies, why exactly? I understand some people are really into scenarios, but surely they are a minority, right? And perhaps a balance could be struck (increased SC rewards) in order to sustain their snail-pace for future generations.

I am someone who believes he plays RoR too much and I still don't have time to grind scenario-based gear, nor the motivation. If i want to play small-scale pvp I can play literally any other MMO out there.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
zgolec

Re: Pros and Cons of two currencies

Post#2 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:06 pm

This was discussed many times.

Statement from staff: "no we stick to 2 currencies"

No need another topic abt it.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

K13R

Post#3 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:24 pm

It's old paradigm thinking that still permeates most MMO's hence why the genre is all but dead

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:58 am

Why are people against the 2 currency system being addressed? Or more specifically the issues between how the respective sets are acquired

What the op said is true, there is a real disparity between the amount of time and effort it takes to acquire orvr based sets and currency vs sc tied sets and currency especially since the pop rates for t4 scs are excruciatingly slow and far between vs me rolling in orvr and getting my full set at a much faster rate

None of this would matter is sets weren’t tied to play styles so those who need sc sets for their off spec playstle are in a way punished with a much longer harder grind

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#5 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:57 am

Pros: Incentivizes different types of play

Cons: Players choose path of least resistance to BIS gear and ignore all other content

labotimy

Post#6 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:40 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:57 am Pros: Incentivizes different types of play
That's not a pro lol.

Onemantankwall

Post#7 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:46 am

If they combine currencies everything would just be jacked up in unimaginable price (to make up for shitty sc grind) and youd be back at sqaure 1 with the grinding atm everythings at a pretty decent paste for all sides of the playtrum
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

BeautfulToad

Post#8 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:23 am

SCs are fun. FWIW, I think the annihilator set is ridiculously priced all things considered, and the conqueror set is probably a bit higher than it should be. Rest is okay since you can grind them out fast enough if you enjoy SCs. Do agree its disappointing a lot of interesting builds depend on it.

Ads
Wdova

Post#9 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:25 am

Now discuss pros and cons of 1 unified level insted of several levels of each currency type.

Pros: You can buy gear apropriate to your level at any giving time. No drop of medailons high above yor rank you cant use until you level up your ranks or low level medailons, You have to wait for drop enough to convert them up to medailons You need.
(lets be honest here I am too lazy and too tired convert all of those Scout, soldier and hundreds of conqueror medailons in to officers just for pots every day.)
Cons:? Probably some ppl will skip some sets and will stay in low level gear and buy higher level gear for future. Dont understand this because I always wanted the bis gear for my actual rank.

Edit: If nothing will change and currency stay as it is now, would be great to give conqueror and vanquisher medailons other meaning than buy conq/vanq set pieces for ppl who has already those sets.
Last edited by Wdova on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#10 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:21 am

as Nork clearly stated the biggest issue is that people will then take the path of least resistance and skip content.

This topic has been around in some form for quite some time and the answer from staff is no, not happening. In the most lenient way it would be introduced as a currency swap between the two at a very high rate. But even that is not something we want.