Recent Topics

Ads

Pros and Cons of two currencies

Let's talk about... everything else
Elabas

Re: Pros and Cons of two currencies

Post#11 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:37 am

The Best would be to just make it worth while to play sc's. On live my guild would play sc's 90% of the time but on here we play almost none. It's just Not worth it with the limited time we have now.
Rotkinson - Chosen (40/5x)
Sokhos - Disciple of Khaine (40/4x)
Motzruk - Choppa (35/4x)

Addons: Social Window 2.0 | QueuePopTimer | FortReservation

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#12 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:41 am

Elabas wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:37 am The Best would be to just make it worth while to play sc's. On live my guild would play sc's 90% of the time but on here we play almost none. It's just Not worth it with the limited time we have now.

Why? It gives good renown.

Flavorburst

Post#13 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:47 am

Natherul wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:21 am as Nork clearly stated the biggest issue is that people will then take the path of least resistance and skip content.

This topic has been around in some form for quite some time and the answer from staff is no, not happening. In the most lenient way it would be introduced as a currency swap between the two at a very high rate. But even that is not something we want.
I don't care much for a unified currency, but there is still a huge disparity between the acquisition of SC gear vs ORvR gear, even after the cost nerfs.

I recently ranked up a DPS AM from ~rr40 to 70 and PASSIVELY got a full vanq set + subj weapon, 1 piece of invader, and ~100 invader tokens. Meanwhile I have only been able to afford 2 pieces of Opp (gloves and shoulders, iirc) with ~400 medals change (and that's with a majority of my playtime spent in SCs).

If I wanted to complete a set that is comparable to what I have passively picked up, I STILL need roughly 2k more medals.

th3gatekeeper

Post#14 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:56 am

:D :D :D
Last edited by th3gatekeeper on Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

popperz

Post#15 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:35 am

The sc weapons are not that good to grind for, which results in reduced interest in sc's. On live they were the only competitive choice. So no motivation to play sc's other than sc enthusiasm. Adding a proc to existing ones would make it competitive vs easily acquired subj weapons.

And another choice is to actually split sets. Lets say half of invader/vanq can be bought in sc's only, half for rvr tokens. And same for all the other sets. It should solve the problem without any imbalances. Now many classes do not care even for sc sets and the weapons are meh. Getting vanq or invader is priority, so sc's would get a renaissance.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

Stophy22

Post#16 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:54 am

Hargrim wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:41 am
Elabas wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:37 am The Best would be to just make it worth while to play sc's. On live my guild would play sc's 90% of the time but on here we play almost none. It's just Not worth it with the limited time we have now.

Why? It gives good renown.

I think to say it gives good renown is a bit of a fallacy.

Pulling data from endgame scenario screenshots, zone kill screenshots, and various other data I can scrap together lets do some numbers things, nothings terribly accurate its just to convey a message and give understanding.

1.In an SC lets say if you win with 500points you get anywhere from 3-6k renown. Lets also say these wins takes 10minutes to achieve on average. And lets say the SC's you don't win you get flat out stomped and get roughly 100-1k renown. And finally lets say it takes on average 5minutes for a pop. Being generous lets say you win every other match.

Thats 7k renown every half hour in your best case scenario. and 3100k renown in worst case scenarios.

2. Walking into a zone with AAO (this is basically standard for my time zone) and killing someone gets me 1.8k-5krenown (depending on AAO). Lets say I get 2 kills in the amount of time it takes me to get to a BO, let say the zone is TM and it takes me 10 minutes to get to that BO.

Best case scenario for that gets me 10k renown in 10 minutes. and 4.6k in worst case.

Every half hour I'd have 30k renown or 13.8k If I can just scrape up 6kills.
Spoiler:
(I know it wasn't discussed in the data but I'd also like to note at the end of the zone I would have a chance at a bag and a RR nuke for my time spent in the zone)
Both of these assumptions are flawed, as you don't win every other SC and you don't really get 2 kills every 10 minutes nor do you have AAO all the time. But saying the stars align a measly 2 kills outways a 21kill SC that takes the same time. Will I stop doing SC's because of this? No they're still fun and I enjoy the smaller scale stuff. But to say they give good renown is a bit of a fallacy. Spending 30minutes in a fort gets you 30k renown. Spending 2hours in a zone gets you an abundance from just the lock and thats not counting all the kills you'd get. In 2 hours doing SC's I would have 28k renown or 12k renown using the above data and thats IF you win every other SC. Lets say you face a premade and lose all of those SC's for 2hours with 0-100 points, the renown given per 2 hours is negligible. And finally the icing on the cake, lets say you decide to make a premade so you confirm a win for every SC... well depending on the time you play, lets use my time for example, making a party can take that 2hours itself because of low population.

The rewards for losing, the gains for winning, all of it has been set for a snails pace when it comes to SC's (as I think this is intended to pursue a longer lasting game) which it just ends up hurting a community that doesn't have lots of time to play the game. I don't know what good renown means but when all other options in the game are easier and better and less time consuming the renown isn't really "good" by definition, that would make it bad or poor.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Hargrim
Developer

Post#17 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:07 am

Why do you compare AAO hunting with SCs? Or more engaging Keep / Fort takes with SCs?

I stay by my statement that renown is good for the effort it takes to participate (press 1-2 buttons to join). Yes, there are ways to earn more renown / minute of play. Yes, the SC rewards are good for the amount of effort they take to finish.

zulnam

Post#18 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:15 am

Natherul wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:21 am as Nork clearly stated the biggest issue is that people will then take the path of least resistance and skip content.

This topic has been around in some form for quite some time and the answer from staff is no, not happening. In the most lenient way it would be introduced as a currency swap between the two at a very high rate. But even that is not something we want.
Well, that’s settled then.

I agree skipping content is not something desirable, and that players should be able to try out all sides of the game at a reasonable pace; not too fast, nor too slow. That’s why Perhaps it would be wise adding the tank/healer dps sets as medallion rewards as well, at some point. Or at least adding set item exchanges to the smuggler merchants.

There is nothing wrong with scenarios. The main issue is the low playerbase on all tier-levels. This can sometimes translate in half-hour waits between SCs (worst case scenario).

It doesn’t help that one of the recent changes makes it so that SC quests are returnable only in the city, incentivising those that grind SCs to remain idle around the return NPCs.

Sorry for opening this can of worms again. It seems an unresolved issue though, based on all the replies and opinions already written.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Stophy22

Post#19 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:26 am

Hargrim wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:07 am Why do you compare AAO hunting with SCs? Or more engaging Keep / Fort takes with SCs?

I stay by my statement that renown is good for the effort it takes to participate (press 1-2 buttons to join). Yes, there are ways to earn more renown / minute of play. Yes, the SC rewards are good for the amount of effort they take to finish.
I compared them because they are the alternative to SC's. You boot up war you can A.) Que for an SC. or B.) go into an ORVR zone and hunt. which stems into C.) Keep takes and D.) Fort fights. or the forbidden E.) PVE! Love me some dungeons.

SC's might be clicking 1-2 buttons and entering a 10minute encounter but the time spent and the gain/loss from that is just worse than all other forms of play. Which is why I stand by my statement saying that the renown is good is a fallacy. When something is the worst it is not good.

I'm not arguing how simple they are to do, that's where they shine. But alternative play outclasses them in Renown. I'm not trying to be mean or rude or hostile just I personally don't see how they are good renown when all other forms of play is better.

Also back to the topic I think the 1 currency idea is interesting. but ultimately it's trying to solve the issue of how long the SC grinds for gear is and I'm not sure that's the way to solve it. There already is a big enough incentive in the game to do SC's and thats how easy they are to do, as well as small man stuff that won't lag out your computer. Not everyone has an amazing machine to participate in WB v WB or keep takes so SC's provide a nice alternative style of play. I think the fix for long SC grinds would be making the rewards for losing not so harsh. Its based off of points, so at 0points you get like 1 emblem and crap renown. So just make it so the worst you can get is like 2krenown and 3 emblems so if you spend 10minutes doing something and you do it horribly at least you get some, "thanks for trying" points and loot.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Jastojan

Post#20 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:18 am

Flavorburst wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:47 am

I don't care much for a unified currency, but there is still a huge disparity between the acquisition of SC gear vs ORvR gear, even after the cost nerfs.

I recently ranked up a DPS AM from ~rr40 to 70 and PASSIVELY got a full vanq set + subj weapon, 1 piece of invader, and ~100 invader tokens. Meanwhile I have only been able to afford 2 pieces of Opp (gloves and shoulders, iirc) with ~400 medals change (and that's with a majority of my playtime spent in SCs).

If I wanted to complete a set that is comparable to what I have passively picked up, I STILL need roughly 2k more medals.

Hi,
Yes, it is a bit frustrating. I made a BO as 2h tank, i know how hard is to get the off spec eq (domi and op).
The main difference, THE MAIN DIFFERENCE, is that you can not get Loot bag from SCenarios. Noone of us could never have the eq from ORvR so fast if there were not loot bags (it is not fast to be right, just in comparison to scenarios eq it is much faster to get conq or vanq). I think Scenarios should have its own kind of reward too. For example: every 15 - 20 SC wins (lets name it relevant wave) for each side (order side/ destro side) there should be the chance to get the loot bag like in ORVR (with roll system : for every player who participated on half of all wins of the relevant wave at least). Gold bag - dominator or oppressor based on RR of the player. Purple bag - weapon. Blue bag - genesis (yes).

It is just an example. I think the reward system of SCs is the problem here. Just my opinion.