Recent Topics

Ads

An unlucky day

Let's talk about... everything else
chokeanutsman

Re: An unlucky day

Post#21 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:02 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:10 pm It's called grouping up with good players who know how to play their **** class, instead of inviting any random durp.

If you invite bad players, then that is your problem. Invite good people into your guild, or train up your existing players, and never have to pug RoR PvE again.
With all due respect, it is easy to say things like this. But then what if your premade is asleep or working? What if I'm forced to run with pugs so I can actually complete dungeons based on my schedule?

Instead of saying things such as "just find a good premade," we should be saying:

1.) Tanks stack armor, block, anti-crit, maybe some parry, and don't expose your back while moving around, so they are basically immortal. Learn to challenge adds away from team and AoE adds all day so you keep aggro. Equip Menace at all times, and avoidance tactics. If you are a tank and you are dying within 2 seconds, you are 100% doing something wrong and you need to change your build so that you can relieve pressure from healers better.

2.) Healers stack Wounds (To prepare for random aggros), Heal Crit, and spam group heal a lot. Make sure to HoT whoever needs it from time to time but GROUP HEAL comes first. PERMA - DETAUNT BOSSES. This is actually not that hard, but a lot of healers just get instagibbed and spam HoT all the time instead of being survivable while prioritizing group heal.

3.) DPS stack Wounds (So healers and tanks can guard you on time) and try to AoE a lot. You're not going to lose much DPS specially on a SANDBAG PVE MOB. Literally, the mob will be the one sandbagging you if you are running a 5k HP build. You don't help your tank or healer at all vs. many bosses that AoE or reset aggro.

Obviously learn to detaunt as well ahead of time and don't break vs. bosses that reset aggro, this is kinda RNG but it is better to prepare the "common man" for what is to come.

PvE, most of the time, isn't a DPS race. It's really "pray your team doesn't rage quit" because EVERYBODY has to be survivable on bosses. I really don't like the "IF I don't have critical chance, the run will be slow." It will be just as bad if the DPS is dying to random crits and random puddles. If you wipe because your healer can't heal you on time or your tank can't guard you on time, then you slowed down the run as well.

We should be saying things that make each role's lives easier. Not "just find a good premade." It really doesn't help. Because even "premades" will face bad RNG and sometimes they get crit from aggro resets causing people to rage quit.

Just so you can pug effectively. I noticed NOBODY is making a "dungeon guide" for dummies, that would REALLY help being able to pug dungeons tbh.
Last edited by chokeanutsman on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#22 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:06 pm

If your premade is sleeping or working, then you simply pick a time that suits you all...? Why rush prematurely into PvE with people you can't trust? What's the rush? If you want to go Speedy Gonzalez, then that's your prerogative, but expect the worst.

chokeanutsman

Post#23 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:09 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:06 pm If your premade is sleeping or working, then you simply pick a time that suits you all...? Why rush prematurely into PvE with people you can't trust? What's the rush? If you want to go Speedy Gonzalez, then that's your prerogative, but expect the worst.
Sadly, some premades will not always be the same premade either. Some people decide that they only want the Bastion Weapon, they don't stay until you complete the influence track.

So instead of saying "just find a premade" it would be better to make a "fail-safe" guide that helps everybody.

I like that PvE requires EVERYBODY to be survivable including the DPS and Healers, it creates a niche for wounds talismans assuming that your class doesn't scale much with armor OR armor is too expensive OR you're fighting a boss that doesn't do much physical. But with how it's currently designed? People just rage quit because the mobs two shot you. So I don't know, for now lets just make a guide before "nerfing" mobs.

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:13 pm

If you're in a premade that doesn't want to help you get your gear, then it might be time to look for a more 'utilitarian', group-based premade. Playing in a premade with players out for themselves doesn't equate to a premade.

chokeanutsman

Post#25 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:15 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:13 pm If you're in a premade that doesn't want to help you get your gear, then it might be time to look for a more 'utilitarian', group-based premade. Playing in a premade with players out for themselves doesn't equate to a premade.
But the reality is, you have to accept that people come and go. Therefore, what I proposed isn't really bad. Your idea of "premade" is utopian. It's a fantasy for most people. Fanaticism isn't really going to help here, have to be more pragmatic (Which is EVERYBODY build survivable while still being able to build damage, and learn to detaunt ahead of time while the tank builds immortal and challenges adds)

If that becomes "common sense" then pugging shouldn't be bad.

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:28 pm

It isn't a fantasy; it's incredibly simple, it has been done by loads of people, it is still being done by loads of people. The self-deprecating, 'this simply isn't possible!' attitude is rather jarring at this point.

Stop making out that the odds are against you, start taking a more proactive approach to your raiding, ensure that you can amass a regular group of people every week, at a given time, to raid (like so many other groups have managed to do), and reap the rewards.

No offence to you, but inability to find nice people to raid with once a week isn't indicative of anything other than wanting everything given to you without having to put in a semblance of work.

chokeanutsman

Post#27 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:35 pm

^Self-depreciating; as in you're implying that "it isn't possible/feasible" to pug either. I'm saying it's possible to pug SMOOTHLY so long as people build survivable. It's not very good advice to say just look for a premade (PvE is very puggable, it just can't be a DPS race build) because not "all" premades are going to be godly or will be there for all of your runs.

peterthepan3

Post#28 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:36 pm

You don't need to be godly to deal with RoR's pve, honestly: just a working brain with a few braincells will suffice for 90% of the content.

Ads
chokeanutsman

Post#29 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:43 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:36 pm You don't need to be godly to deal with RoR's pve, honestly: just a working brain with a few braincells will suffice for 90% of the content.
But when the team is getting two shot by Lord Slaurith (5k normals 2.5k bloodpulse, god forbid that crits) because people are getting crit since "I lose DPS when I don't use wounds talismans" then people rage quit because they get salty with two shot mechanics, including premades.

There is only so much a "brain" can do when bosses crit. That's why before you say "premades know everything" make sure the common man (or at least PEOPLE in general, because you know premades are "people" too) knows what you need before bosses RNG the hell out of you. Maybe even better if people were writing guides about bosses.

It's much better to convince to be survivable (and obviously know the mechanics) because better that the healers don't get bursted in the first place so they got time to heal and the DPS don't get bursted so it's 100% sure run.

peterthepan3

Post#30 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:50 pm

If you get twoshot, you learn the mechanics, fix your mistakes, and kill the boss. If you are in a good guild, people will not rage quit after a few losses: this is a /5 pug problem where people aren't committed whatsoever to their groupmates, and so will leave the group if/when they deem necessary. There are several good guilds recruiting atm so I'd suggest you try and join them.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.