Recent Topics

Ads

One Handed Swords - Also hi

Let's talk about... everything else
Eryna

One Handed Swords - Also hi

Post#1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:22 am

Hi
I'm pretty new (I played reckoning in like 2010 but not for very long)
I wanted to remake my warhammer tabletop fantasy character, Princess Eryna (Imagine my surprise to see that Eryna was already taken as a name lol).

Long story short, as a high elf swordmaster is there any way to use a one handed sword (without a shield) and not just totally cheat yourself? The greatswords are too biiig. Is the alternate appearance system a way to do it? I hope so lol, there is even a whole set of neat animations for using a one handed sword and no shield.

Anyway thanks,
Eryna

Ads
BeautfulToad

Re: One Handed Swords - Also hi

Post#2 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:27 am

I dont think there is any animations that would allow for 1-handed swords to have the stats of 2handed. Sacrificing a shield would make it not worth it.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:31 am

Nope sorry mate

You go without shield as a 1 handed and you’ll REALLY be gimping yourself

Eryna

Post#4 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:38 am

:cry: Awe, but the greatswords and the shields are both so stupid big and when you use just the one-handed sword you get a cool sassy animation set. :cry:

zgolec

Post#5 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:17 pm

1. guess you're not much into WFRP lore if you pick this class and whine over their most iconic / distinctive things.

2. there are some smooth looking 2h sword [not those heavy manga-ish looking big ones]m as well as there are some smaller shields not as big as doors.

3. if you wanna run SM with 1h wep and no shield you gonna die a lot and wont kill anything ;p
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:19 pm

Eryna wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:38 am :cry: Awe, but the greatswords and the shields are both so stupid big and when you use just the one-handed sword you get a cool sassy animation set. :cry:
have you considered perhaps a shadow warrior?

they have a melee focused spec in the assault tree so you can run around in melee with 1 handed and even though you will have a bow on your back you can just...i guess never use it? :?

youd still be gimping in open RvR your self but its an alternative i guess but in small scale fights ASW is pretty dam strong

Eryna

Post#7 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:47 pm

zgolec wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:17 pm 1. guess you're not much into WFRP lore if you pick this class and whine over their most iconic / distinctive things.

2. there are some smooth looking 2h sword [not those heavy manga-ish looking big ones]m as well as there are some smaller shields not as big as doors.

3. if you wanna run SM with 1h wep and no shield you gonna die a lot and wont kill anything ;p
1. I get the lore, Swordmaster was was just the closest thing to my character out of the four choices /shrug

2. oh cool, thanks that actually helps a lot!

3. yeah i know i guess i just got some hope because like, why make a whole animation set if its pointless, ya know?

TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:19 pm
have you considered perhaps a shadow warrior?
[/quote]

I guess I didn't, just because of the character I was trying to remake. She's not sneaky but was also pretty good with swords and a little magic /shrug
Thanks tho

anarchypark

Post#8 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:45 pm

Maybe someday SM get buckler style shield.
or round shield.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Ugle

Post#9 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:04 pm

T2 merchant 2h sword slimmest there is. Dominion/conquest ones. Always used those as appearance.
inactive

marisco

Post#10 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:07 pm

Eryna wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:47 pm
3. yeah i know i guess i just got some hope because like, why make a whole animation set if its pointless, ya know?
The animation set is not pointless. It's for Shadow warrior. When you equip only a 1h sword you use their animations. It happens to both HE and DE characters.