Recent Topics

Ads

What Would Make You Roll An Order Tank/Healer?

Let's talk about... everything else
CountTalabecland

What Would Make You Roll An Order Tank/Healer?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:18 am

Order has always been plagued by deadweight dps in pug warbands but it feels especially bad lately with only 2 healers or tanks per warband. This is especially painful to watch in keep/fort sieges.

So lets hear it, why don’t more of you Order folks out there play a support class? Is it because:

1) They ugly? Is it the armor style? I think IB and KoBS look cool...
2)They boring? Is healing/tanking really that boring?
3) Bad mechanics?
4) Something else?

I am perplexed as to why support classes are so disliked that people would rather be farmed on their unguarded/unhealed dps for hours than roll a support class?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Hyper9

Re: What Would Make You Roll An Order Tank/Healer?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:29 am

Kinda ugly and I don't like the pressure when being tank/healer. Always played RDPS in MMO's.
Deadmaus - BW

scatterthewinds

Post#3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:54 am

a bit of balance. order is too easy at the moment so many players who want a challenge have moved to destro.

Onemantankwall

Post#4 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:06 am

Order has plenty of tanks just 90% of them arent any good mostly due to trying to 2h noddle swing in an attempt to out dps the horde of dps, i like my snb ib, hes a super tank version of my chosen but i refuse to zerg ride
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

phononHYPE

Post#5 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:28 am

*my dirty little secret* I played my SnB knight today and had a blast.

I've never played 2h tanks in an MMO.

I like tanks like kids like turtles.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

adapter
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:55 am

because killin' iz fun!
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Aurandilaz

Post#7 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:19 am

I have +50 SM and +60 Kotb, just don't really see much reason to play them - as support class only shines if paired with a good DPS who also shines. If on average I am paired with some average dps, I'd rather log my own dps knowing I will with very high probability be better at dpsing. Obviously will switch if my guild WB needs tanks, but even then we are talking of guild WB where I guess my rr81 BW is in more demand than a decent gear/rank kotb.
You have to consider that average Destro pug is bad, and then go even lower levels when describing how bad the Order pugs can be. For guarding a good DPS player it is fun to play tank once in a while - just doesn't happen often.

But a more generic issue we have is Order playing absolutely crap ranged DPS classes, namely engi/SW, and the remaining BWs also not playing properly. No one wants to guard those. You'd rather guard a good bombing BW or a good notbraindead Slayer.
On Destro you have an actual melee frontline, consisting of multiple tanks, with multiple Choppas and Maras forming the frontline. It's a solid structure, and it has mass when it starts moving. On Order you lack WLs as a serious frontline class due to devs insisting the class does not need an AoE spec and their refusal to start balancing with warband balance in mind. So you end with some few suicidal Slayers at fronts who just melt, and then few rare tanks who start feeling lonely, and the final outcome we so often see is few Order tanks struggling to form a front while dozens of rdps solo heroes flee to the nearest safety once the Destro frontline approaches.

However, Order pugs tend to roflstomp these days with pure mass and numbers advantage - whereas the situation becomes very much hopeless if the numbers are even or they become outnumbered. Last weeks have been some weird comedy - Order pug zerg capping a barely defended zone after zone, pushing to fort. Only to realise that once at fort, they are full of non-suitable WB classes and Destro is already preparing a solid frontline formation to prevent Order from winning with raw numbers advantage (which forts with limited numbers don't allow to be zergblobbed like normal zones).

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:28 am

Wanting my team to win would make me create an Order tank.

Ads
Tom

Post#9 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:44 am

Judging from the number of order tanks in scenarios, you seem to have the numbers. Maybe they just prefer coordinated group play?

I have not played order for the past 2yrs but some generic points might still be valid. For me when playing tank its not a lot of fun to play if your party doesn't stay together and actually behave as a party. The few times I join warbands, more often than not the party's tanks, healers and dps are all over the map making it impossible to actually tank properly. If people stuck to their groups and dps realized their role in the party both picking targets, and working back to assist healers, maybe more tanks find it fun to do wb stuff.. The playstyle where wb leaders pick a point on the map and the mindless hoard descend on that spot with the precision of an ant colony can be rather dull... but thats a big guess from a destro player who nowadays lives the small scale life after the organised guild i used to play in imploded.
Last edited by Tom on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

wonshot

Post#10 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:48 am

As Interesting as it may sound, to attempt to guard an engineer sitting with his gunturret in the same spot for the entire scenario or a Fortress, I rather just not.

#EngineersAreAcurseForOrder
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO