Ads

Unbalanced class numbers???

Let's talk about... everything else
DirkDaring

Re: Unbalanced class numbers???

Post#31 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Acidic wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:48 am
DirkDaring wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:01 am
Ramasee wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:49 am Take WoW for example. Standard dungeons are designed for 1/1/3 group compositions. Even though dps makes up 60% of the group composition, they still have to wait 10-30min. In that game, most classes are capable of playing non-dps roles yet they do not.

Put simply people prefer to kill things than protect/restore them.

Well said Ram , anyone else find it amusing that a DPS tank is upset about there being to many dps, and not enough healers, or real tanks hehe
The amusing part is that the OP whines so much about anything and everything with cries of unbalanced
Yup I was referring to the OP

Ads
DirkDaring

Post#32 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:07 pm

DirkDaring wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:59 pm
DirkDaring wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:01 am

Well said Ram , anyone else find it amusing that a DPS tank is upset about there being to many dps, and not enough healers, or real tanks hehe
The amusing part is that the OP whines so much about anything and everything with cries of unbalanced

Every MMO ive played since EQ back in 1999, dps have always been a dime a dozen, and had a more diffcult time getting groups than tanks, or healers, its no different here .

even in those games i played characters that could do either, and had 2 sets of gear, that i could swap out to, and respec if needed to get groups easier\, or fill a role we were missing.

As far as the alt thing goes DAOC had a /level option that once you had leveled a character to max lvl which was 50, you could create an alt, and /level them to lvl 20 , so the downtime would be less.

but people asking for a /level 40/40 is silly .

Tesq

Post#33 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:13 pm

DirkDaring wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:07 pm
DirkDaring wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Every MMO ive played since EQ back in 1999, dps have always been a dime a dozen, and had a more diffcult time getting groups than tanks, or healers, its no different here .

even in those games i played characters that could do either, and had 2 sets of gear, that i could swap out to, and respec if needed to get groups easier\, or fill a role we were missing.

As far as the alt thing goes DAOC had a /level option that once you had leveled a character to max lvl which was 50, you could create an alt, and /level them to lvl 20 , so the downtime would be less.

but people asking for a /level 40/40 is silly .
Lol 20/50 is slight worst or equal to 40 /80 ....
Man do you even know the game you are playing? Also requiring a max level is in contradiction to the aim ....for every active playing char it is required an alt tank or heal so it everyone can swap in out and optimize groups geez.. you could also do something like when reaching 40/40, 1 alt healers/tank go directly to rank 20/20.

Moreover if you wondering my chars slots are all over just so anyone cant piss me with wanting the easy route. Actually if someone wanted to fix the access to 23/24 slot thx.

adamthelc

Post#34 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:16 am

Chinesehero wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:49 am
adamthelc wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:53 am 50% of the classes being dps doesnt mean 50% of the population is playing dps. People play what they want to play and people tend to play DPS more than support.

You could change 2 of the dps classes to healers there would still be way more dps. As it is people play healers as dps.

222 is the most balanced composition and it makes sense to create fights based on the most balanced group. But as players the most optimal group is the maximum number of dps you can get away with without dying.

I dont think they need to start creating fights with more dps in mind. I have never played a game that didnt have an abundance of dps relative to support.
play sc dps over 50% almost~~~~~~
dps not over 50% population???are u kidding me?
I didnt say 50% of the population or more isnt playing dps. I said how many people playing dps isn't directly correlated to the available classes.

I was trying to be nice. The real answer is, this is a terrible idea. Fights should be designed to make them as interesting as possible. They should not be dumbed down so you can bring as many face rolling dps as you can fit in a group.

The game should be designed to make the actual playing of the game enjoyable. It shouldnt be designed so it's as easy as possible for you to get loot or progress.

Yes it's harder to find support than dps most of the time. That isnt a problem you should be bothering people about, get over it.

Chinesehero

Post#35 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:52 am

adamthelc wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:16 am
Chinesehero wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:49 am
adamthelc wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:53 am 50% of the classes being dps doesnt mean 50% of the population is playing dps. People play what they want to play and people tend to play DPS more than support.

You could change 2 of the dps classes to healers there would still be way more dps. As it is people play healers as dps.

222 is the most balanced composition and it makes sense to create fights based on the most balanced group. But as players the most optimal group is the maximum number of dps you can get away with without dying.

I dont think they need to start creating fights with more dps in mind. I have never played a game that didnt have an abundance of dps relative to support.
play sc dps over 50% almost~~~~~~
dps not over 50% population???are u kidding me?
I didnt say 50% of the population or more isnt playing dps. I said how many people playing dps isn't directly correlated to the available classes.

I was trying to be nice. The real answer is, this is a terrible idea. Fights should be designed to make them as interesting as possible. They should not be dumbed down so you can bring as many face rolling dps as you can fit in a group.

The game should be designed to make the actual playing of the game enjoyable. It shouldnt be designed so it's as easy as possible for you to get loot or progress.

Yes it's harder to find support than dps most of the time. That isnt a problem you should be bothering people about, get over it.
it must be related to the number of classes
50% is dps, and order ppl like to hit and they like use rdps mostly. i think is slightly over 50%
in sc and pve always shown dps over 50%

BeautfulToad

Post#36 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:23 pm

DPS tends to have interesting mechanics that everyone wants to test out. Another issue is that if you try 1 SnB tank you have kind of tried them all. I know people claim there is massive differences between tanks but I dont see it with SnB (guard, buff/debuff, punt, HoL spam can be done effectively with any SnB tank since your stats will always be roughly the same). If people stopped saying 2handed tanks are useless when they aren't, it would make tanks more appealing and encourage people to try different types since the 2handed mechanics are different for each tank class. You can build a 2handed tank, and just load out a SnB tank easily enough when needed even during scenarios (only RR points are a bit of an issue, but your toughness, armour and wounds are so high with SnB, renown points dont matter that much, you will still be hard to kill). That should be pointed out a lot more, and you'll find people trying various tank classes.

Healers are interesting because the WP and DoK are not true healers, so there is only two true healers, and one of those has a very competitive DPS build (shammie and AM). So it leaves RP and Zealot as the purest form of healer. Healers have an issue that there is just not a lot of "pure" healer classes.

I do find mdps classes tend to perform poorly in PvE since they dont have the armour for prolonged fights.