Recent Topics

Ads

New player seeking order clasd

Let's talk about... everything else
Eisenhorn86

New player seeking order clasd

Post#1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Hello.

As a new member of the order i wonder which class could i play it's been a momemnt since i play warhammer online and idon't remember the different classes.

See you in game

Eisen

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: New player seeking order clasd

Post#2 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Don’t pick Slayer unless you have a guild, premade, perma guard & heal, US Army, Marine Corps, etc to support you. Its trash without an entire team supporting it. Every other class can be useful without having a lot of group support/premade.

Order neeeds tanks
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Aurandilaz

Post#3 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:13 pm

Roll White Lion if you want to cause maximum salt for Destro.
Roll Choppa if you want to cause maximum salt for Order.

Asherdoom

Post#4 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:48 am

as DESTRO / ex order player i can tell

order needs healer and tanks. there are way already many lods of dpsers so you got my 2 cent tip

Mystry
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:28 am

Do not play these classes:
Witch Hunter
Bright Wizard
Slayer
Engineer
Shadow Warrior
White Lion
Swordmaster
Archmage

Do play these classes:
Knight of the Burning Sun
Ironbreaker
Warrior Priest
Rune Priest

Wdova

Post#6 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:26 am

IB is probably 2nd hardest to play tank in game right after BG. I would avoid it.

If you want tank with no class mechanic, simple gameplay and verry usefull utilities play Knight of the Blazing Sun

If you want melee DPS I suggest Slayer(if you have tank and healer friends) or white lion.

If You want ranged DPS best choise is Engineer. He can self and party hot heal with keg, He can be long range sniper, mid range grenadier or magnet in AOE warbands. (Bright wizard is self destructive and need some combustion management and healing, shadow warrior is meh as ranged DPS not to mention stance dance)
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

unbearableinsomnia

Post#7 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:19 am

I've heard that order lack tanks (Ironbreaker, Knight of the Blazing Sun, Swordmaster), but I don't know for sure. Pick either one of them or any healer class and you'll always be really needed in group. Playing DPS is more fun tho, and if you wanna do damage methinks Bright Wizard/Sorceress is most fun of all classes in the whole game.

go destro tho, we are much more cool looking

zulnam

Post#8 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:31 am

Hey.

What is your skill level in WAR? Have you played before? What about RoR?

If you are completely new i would suggest a ranges class, either dps or healer.

WAR does some pretty big battles and often mdps die first, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing and have no guard.

You could also go tank, but while leveling you will have a limited lifespan as well.
Last edited by zulnam on Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Ototo

Post#9 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:31 pm

We are speaking only of order, so I will only list order classes.

You should roll a Knight of the Blazing Sun (shield and blade) and/or a Warrior Priest if you want to enter the game with a class that is both easy to play and useful, and so required too. While playing them you will discover if you prefer other classes or you are fine with it. They are also popular classes so you can find tons of great guides and topics about them. While they are easy to play, they are also hard to master, so worry not for having some kind of dead end if you decide to play them.

If you prefer something slightly more challenging but still manageable for a new player, Runepriest is the class you want to. It adds some mechanics to basic gameplay, but nothing you can't handle to learn in a couple days. Again, it's hard to master too, so again worry not for the future of your character.

If you prefer a DPS class, Engineer is quite in the line of those above. Having a million tools at your disposal, you can be sure that it will take time to know when and how to use each one, so a lot of potential here.

The ones I will stay away from are clearly Ironbreaker, Swordmaster, Slayer and Witch Hunter. Their mechanics are complex to the point of craziness, and they are not only hard to master, but even to play at all. These advanced classes have a learning curve that starts when you complete other class mastery. All them require a level of situational awareness and experience that you lack currently, but that you will have.

In the middle you can find the White Lion, Shadow Warrior, Bright Wizard, and Archmage. They are not complex per-se, but enforce unconventional playstyles and/or make use of non-intuitive class mechanics that can get you lost at start and make you thing that the game is more complex that it is. That been said, they are easy to catch when you understand how their mechanics work, and all are very powerful classes that you spend days playing with no boredom at all, but you will most likely pass some days until you understand their strengths and potential, in which time you may be confused.
Spoiler:

Mystry
Suspended

Post#10 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:49 am

Swordmaster is not complicated.
It's just not as good as KoTBS.
Which makes me sad since my tank is a SM.