Recent Topics

Ads

Curiosity killed the shaman

Let's talk about... everything else
Wdova

Re: Curiosity killed the shaman

Post#21 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:11 am

Forts should have bonus roll system the same way as in orvr. More forts you didnt win the bag, the bigger bonus to roll a bag. It will be fair for ppl who participate in fort fights much more often with zero bag reward.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:28 am

The defender side at fort is outnumbered and I have never seen a defense, where defender had 2 or more flags after capture phase, usually 0 gained flags. This leads to a lot arty damage, which makes defense even more difficult, albeit you are already outnumbered and lose players to jail. The odds are stacked heavily in favour of the attacker.
Dying is no option.

Vaul

Post#23 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:00 am

This is not really about Forts is it. Invader gear/medals is just being used as a way to measure the near constant domination of RvR by one side due to very large population imbalance. It's a killer.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

AxelF

Post#24 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:39 am

A simple temporary solution would be to increase the rr bonus from AAO to the point where it becomes attractive to more than a few masochists to switch to the underdog realm.

The bottom line is the only way the issue of population imbalance will be solved is by players switching to the less populated realm, and at present, with rr cap now being 80 and with gear acquisition being such a grind, it's not a small task to start a toon from scratch and get it to a competitive level - especially when you know you'll be heavily outnumbered and facing high rr enemies wearing bis gear.

If people can see a real tangible advantage to playing with AAO - ie you'll level up much more quickly from the kills you do get than the side sitting there with twice the numbers - then it may be worth while them switching.

Nidwin

Post#25 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:07 am

The numbers aren't the issue, it's just that there's no agreement on what to do in the lakes on our side. You should see the mess during inner keep defense when there's more than 2 wb's online.

I wouldn't go the "imbalance" way neither as a lot of "balance" also depends on how everyone specs their toons and what everyone does right or wrong during fights in the lakes. Destro has at least the same amount of utility as order (more or less) but when everyone specs dps or loldps we actually run into issues.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Stophy22

Post#26 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:39 pm

At first, I had just a small amount to say based on the title of the thread. But after reading everyones posts I kind of went off... maybe you'll see it as whining. Maybe ill get punished, idk. My main point is that I love WAR and I don't want to see it fail, and I had a lot I wanted to share and say. Sorry if some disagree, sorry if its disrespectful, just tired from the war I've been having with WAR.

To answer the intial question. I've won 2 forts, I've tried to enter around 4 when they first came out and could never get it. Finally got into one and had a lot of fun. Jail system is Bonkers. It seems like numbers are uneven. Heavily favored in attacking side. I've been in about 14 forts total. I know this isn't a large amount and isn't really valid for complaint but I do about a fort a night? Every other night? To lose every night for a few weeks doesn't feel great and it does weigh on you when you've already been losing zones over and over. But my favorite part of forts is experiencing that part of the map I haven't been to yet and then seeing the keep lord NPC. The system itself is just a little lackluster and honestly normal keep takes just seem like more fun. Forts need some Oil, Rams, and 3 different attacking points. So 3 different Defenses need to be held. Personal opinion.
Spoiler:
I think its obvious that Destro loses more than order. I think its obvious that some[most] Destro's classes are weaker than orders classes. I think its obvious that Order has a higher win rate in forts and zones than Destro. I think its obvious some classes on both sides need to be looked at and weaknesses and strengths need to be added. And lastly I think its obvious these are all pretty substantial problems with the game.

If you have a game where 1 side is winning 70% of the time then somethings wrong? I mean yes the other side could have better players but RoR has 1 server and roughly 1k players during prime and anywhere from 200-300 during dead hours. So a really skilled 24man warband could make a big difference, same goes for smaller skilled 6 mans. TUP and certain warbands cause Destro to win for the hours they are on but they aren't on 24/7/365 like pug player base. I think the word pug and braindead (albiet harsh) go hand in hand. Order has more braindead tools than destro does and the constant winnings really show that.

I just pray that the obvious issues that are happening in the game get addressed. It's a fun game and ill continue to support and play it, but loss after loss just weighs on you after a while... I think Tesq makes some pretty solid proposals but his ideas never go through. I think Peter has a lot of game knowledge even if hes a flaming elitist, no offense. The community is driven to love and appreciate this game and we want to help improve it but weird changes like Tank morales and WL rework are coming before what really matters. Forts are so mindless as stated by DokB that is just sad when you finally get into them that you're just waiting for your loss (on Destro) and 4 medal grind to full Invader. TBH I just want it for appearance as most tanks tend to roll 2hander if they don't play with a dedicated group of people. But that's me personally and we are all different. I think streamlining the way feedback is given and trying to get more of a voice form the community (and not just the forum dwellers) would be ideal, then to make changes based off of the feedback given. If the changes don't work as planned, REVERT THEM and try again. We are in alpha, or has that been forgotten? New content is released before fixing issues and changing things just to see how they work and test rarely happens. Nothing is wrong with new content but certain things should take priority? New sets and items released take much too long for the average person to grind. It's an alpha why does it takes 2k emblems for a set if you only get 7per win. PER WIN. heck you get 1 if you lose. But just don't lose ammirite? The game should be designed around the average players making it comfortable for them to enjoy and engage in the game so they come back, and allowing above average players to prosper and shine in the community. It really feels like people are scared to release stuff that is reasonably priced. I understand the gear needs to last long enough and be enjoyable and keep the game alive but WAR is borderline Korean MMO grind levels. We should be trying to get the best version of the game possible for our player base so it can grow and prosper. When you accidentally salvage an item is it refunded? No. When you spend 100g on a guild Cloak heraldry and F* up, still not compensated. Spent medallions on wrong piece? Better look where you're clicking bucko. My point is, with this kind of remorseless attitude toward the game why do you need to compensate changes to big changes like Morales or guards or whatever. Make a change. Does it work? Keep it. Does it suck? Work on making it better or go back to square one. Past devs and leads seemed to change the game on the fly and people gave feedback on things and if it worked it worked and if it didn't it was reversed. Experimental modes were added etc. A better working version of this could be really healthy, at least I think.

Certain classes under preform compared to their mirror. Work on them. Get feedback. Resolve.
Certain parts of the game aren't enjoyable as they should be. Work on them. Get feedback. Resolve.

There is a fountain of knowledge within the game everyday. For the record the amount of zones locking for each side SHOULD be monitored. And if its too hard to monitor which side is winning because players jump from realm to realm, disable it? Or just make it harder to access. I can guarantee if people had to make another account to play a different side, had to log fully out of the game, and then onto that new account and then log into that character they would be more inclined to stick with the side they're playing because people are lazy. 5-10 minute lockout (chicken mode) is always an option as well for relogging xrealmed characters. IDK it seems like there is some pretty obvious issues with the game and no one wants to tackle them or address them. Not just with destro losing or winning either. WL's need an AOE spec. WH/WE need to be warband viable. And I completely understand its a small workforce working for free behind a giant game which I respect. Greatly. It just seems as of late that there is a lack of acknowledgement of problems going on and this worries me.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

anarchypark

Post#27 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:17 pm

i think it's player issue caused by class balance.
ppl don't wanna be loser.
they prefer easy mode than hard mode.

destro is hard mode currently cuz there's not enough tank/heal.
one of reason is class balance.
WL/ASW/Engie.
they harassed destro back line in small scale and keep.
back line squishies evacuated faction to avoid them.
without backup, front line collapsed.
without front meat shields, back line melt.
downward spiral.

EU time zone may not notice this where 3~4 WBs roaming in each faction.
almost always grp environment.
unbalance emerges in relatively small scale time zones.
those 3 class need to be adressed asap. 4 with magus.
but i don't wanna spam blanace forum...
also not sure multiple disscusions would help balance team.
halted WL disscusion seems not good.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

nebelwerfer

Post#28 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:30 pm

IMO it's not that one realm has blatant OP stuff that let's them faceroll the other realm easily.

It's more that there is a lac of organization and willingness to make an effort to succeed. In such an environment the zerg always wins. And atm, the zerg is on order.

Ads
Targhor

Post#29 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:47 pm

:?

1. "I play both sides. And I can win on both of them. Sometimes on order, other time on destro."
- the statement itself is correct, but it contains very little substential information, because it says nothing about the winratio, nor if that playing of both sides means that the dominant side gets played (in which case the personal winratio will be high, but far off from what one-faction-players experience).

2. "Grind is indeed encouraging zerging in RvR. But, you know, 4 medals for win are the same 4 medals for lose."
- the next statement with itself being correct, so by first look might seem to be attentuate the situation for destro, but what stays untold here is that the attackers have more players in the fort-zones.
im assuming full forts with 4WBs for defenders and 5WBs for attackers here. and i know that this is an incorrect generalization, when it comes to the precise numbers, but to point out the imbalance in currency-gain, that doesnt really matter.
so if 9 out of 10 forts get locked by ordo attacking, that is 9x 120x4 invader medals = 4320 medals; plus the one lost fort when ordo is on the defense, that adds up another (1x) 96x4 = 384 medals, to a total of 4704 medals.
destro defending with 96 players makes 9x 96x4 = 3456 medals; plus one won fort makes (1x) 120x4 = 480, to a total of 3936 medals.
almost 10% more medals for ordo.
thats pure currency, there are also 54 vs 6 gold-bags for ordo; making the situation dire.
theoretical toying with numbers, in reality its even worse, because it seems that there is something buggy going on with the spots in forts (unable to enter through portal with being told, that the zone is full, but by checking the pop seeing that there are 120-150player in it), because i happen to see 40 (or even 60) aao on defense more often than the should-be 20, so even less medals for destro.

3. "Also I heard that you could make order pug WB leaders rage quit with your premade WB so yeah, think about it."
- sigh...
a very hypothetical situation, which is super rare to happen for real ingame, because it requires enough good destro-players online, that coordinate AND not too many ordos online at the same time, running the glorious blob-murderball. as soon as there are 5WBs blobbing, you cant win in open field anymore, not even with the best premade WB.
to me this reads like "hey guys, look, in 1 out of 100 times you pull it off, so yeah, here, grab that straw, bind all your hopes and motivation on it and simply keep ignoring the 99 times you get rekt.".

imo this is sham. and i cant judge if Daniel tries to calm down the frustrated destros with it, paints this picture for his own perception or both.

wonshot

Post#30 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:54 pm

.. Soooo, about that aoe cap huh?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO