Recent Topics

Ads

Forum Proposal

Let's talk about... everything else
Vance

Forum Proposal

Post#1 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:37 am

Hey guys,

maybe you feel the same way as I do, that your own opinion to a lot of topics and balance talks is not really well represented in the forums and you think they don´t represent the general public of this server, but you don´t have the time or don´t feel the urge to start and keep a whole discussion/conversation about something you think should be talked about (or it gets downtalked and sidetracked right away, see Mara/WL and MeleeDok/MeleeWP threads).

Usually the most whining gets the most attention, and you don´t really know if that post of someone is a viable one (in terms of knowledge and expertise). I would think that this is hard for GMs/DEVs to see the general public opinion on some topic, besides the ones that cry the loudest, which is probably more frustrating than anything else.

I would love to see a Upvote/Downvote feature to single posts of people, where you get an idea of the opinion of the general population here, so a lot of unnecessary posts, which GMs would need to monitor/moderate, would get void.

tldr:

Problem: A lot of unnecessary posts that don´t reflect the general opinion.
Solution: Implement an Upvote/Downvote feature for single posts so GMs/DEVs get a better idea of viable posts, while minimizing moderation needed.

Cheers,
Vance
Vance | Leechking
Preferred Playstyle 6vX (AAO Fights)

Guild-Group Player Verzweiflung | Despair
"We bring [Despair] :twisted:"

Ads
Ysaran

Re: Forum Proposal

Post#2 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:54 am

i get your point, but i'm not sure this is a good idea. only because a lot of ppl feels right about something this does not mean that this is truely right. if 1000 idiots put a thumb-up on post that propose a bad change this doesnt mean that the change is a good one, it remain bad as it was when it has zero thumb-up.
Zputadenti

Kalell

Post#3 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:29 am

This would give mods/ devs an idea what the playerbase thinks, without reading through 100 pages of "nice", "great", "don't like it", "wtf?". It would be a quick way to get an idea what the general forum-reader thinks without cluttering everything.

You can still have the discussions you had before, and if a proposal is interesting take a closer look at it. The only change would be that there is a number associated with the post.

The only downside I'd see is that it would take time. Designing/ implementing/ testing/ explaining it. I'm not sure the benefit of this outweigh the cost, but that's something only the dev's can determine.

PS: If 1000 players give it a thumbs up, maybe you're wrong about something. At least its more likely that a post that 1000 people liked has some merit, than something 1000 people disliked.

Ysaran

Post#4 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:47 am

Kalell wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:29 am If 1000 players give it a thumbs up, maybe you're wrong about something. At least its more likely that a post that 1000 people liked has some merit, than something 1000 people disliked.
Or maybe 500 are Trolls and the others 500 are personally involved (i.e. destroy/order biased), we can't know.
Anyway I, as you, see the potential of this thing; I just fear that this can have some unexpected downside. I just want to express mi doubts
Zputadenti

Vance

Post#5 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:55 am

For the technical realization:
There are tons of free forum plugins available that bring this feature at no cost, and minimal implementation effort.
Vance | Leechking
Preferred Playstyle 6vX (AAO Fights)

Guild-Group Player Verzweiflung | Despair
"We bring [Despair] :twisted:"

Alfa1986

Post#6 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:10 am

Honestly, I am surprised that there isn’t a like / dislike system on this forum. sometimes I really want to point out a good message, but it looks like silly quoting every time and writing +100500.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Tesq

Post#7 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:18 am

There is alredy vote in game for that tough yes lets make vote on feeling be more important than a well costructed suggestion/criticism especiallly by not deep grasping ppl inside game.

Kalell

Post#8 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:36 am

Tesq wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:18 am There is alredy vote in game for that tough yes lets make vote on feeling be more important than a well costructed suggestion/criticism especiallly by not deep grasping ppl inside game.
Well, I gotta agree with ysaran above, it's way harder to spot troll votes than it is to spot this comment...

Nobody wants votes to be more important than comments. That isn't even related to this topic.
And there is already a way to discuss stuff in the game chat, we don't really need a forum, do we? /s
Last edited by Kalell on Sat May 11, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Ototo

Post#9 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:47 am

No. Just don't make ideas worth as much as the popularity of the person proposing it. Create polls when important changes are about to be done. Easier and cleaner.
Spoiler:

Tesq

Post#10 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:51 am

Kalell wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:36 am
Tesq wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:18 am There is alredy vote in game for that tough yes lets make vote on feeling be more important than a well costructed suggestion/criticism especiallly by not deep grasping pl inside game.
Well, I gotta agree with the ysaran above, it's way harder to spot troll votes than it is to spot this comment...

Nobody wants votes to be more important than comments. That isn't even related to this topic.
And there is already a way to discuss stuff in the game chat, we don't really need a forum, do we? /s
No the point is it's alredy be made, its in game litteraly and it may be deviant too in that form.