Recent Topics

Ads

SC t3-4 not viable no more after invader!

Let's talk about... everything else
NoRKaLKiLLa

Re: SC t3-4 not viable no more after invader!

Post#11 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:24 am

Alright, so either:

don't allow sub 40s to join forts

or allow them to enter with their own separate allotted number of noobs per fort which doesn't count towards the cap, such that they are most often just fodder and not a deciding factor in the grand scheme of things.

Finally, the idea to allow 32+players access to all Morales also includes level 40 players but with the acknowledgement that m4s as a whole would need to be all brought in line with one another in terms of effectiveness, as outlined in my thread in the balance discussion proposals.

These and the tapered bolster being proposed to directly combat the "I just hit level 32 and now want to quit" blues, which are very much a thing if you're a new player to the server without friends to regularly play with yet and get stomped until you stop logging in. I'd bet a majority of players which play ror for a month and never come back don't make it to see 40.
Last edited by NoRKaLKiLLa on Thu May 09, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#12 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:26 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:24 am Alright, so either:

don't allow sub 40s to join forts

or allow them to enter with their own separate allotted number of noobs per fort which doesn't count towards the cap, such that they are most often just fodder and not a deciding factor in the grand scheme of things.

Finally, the idea to allow 32+players access to all Morales also includes level 40 players but with the acknowledgement that m4s as a whole would need to be all brought in line with one another in terms of effectiveness, as outlined in my thread in the balance discussion proposals.

Forts and city sieges are not a place for people who are not 40. There should be always open at least one zone outside fort if possible so lowbies have something to do.

Collateral

Post#13 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:15 am

For a long time my idea was this: t4 is for 40s, t2-t3 for 16-39. That should solve your problems of huge zergs and underpowered new players getting stomped by decked out rr70+ players. I think we have enough rank 40s to make a quility rvr experience, similar to that before the merging of tiers, if not even better. Forts are another issue allthogether.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#14 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:45 am

Collateral wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:15 am For a long time my idea was this: t4 is for 40s, t2-t3 for 16-39. That should solve your problems of huge zergs and underpowered new players getting stomped by decked out rr70+ players. I think we have enough rank 40s to make a quility rvr experience, similar to that before the merging of tiers, if not even better. Forts are another issue allthogether.
Why didnt it work before on ror and live?

zaauk

Post#15 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:59 am

RvR feels fine because you can join WBs or run with the zerg. Felt balanced the charakters i leveled atleast.

Scenarios are another story because its smallerscale and lowbies have a harder time.
Wouldnt mind if something was done there. only 40s scenarios or a small boost to lowbies.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nameless

Post#16 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:59 am

It was working for t4 but not for t2 and t3. And will be the same if reverted by proposed method.

Separating t4 from rest could work if u connect t2-3 toward pairing lock for city sieges and bring back debulster so t4 chars could go lower tiers and help locking
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

zatoh

Post#17 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:09 am

Collateral wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:15 am For a long time my idea was this: t4 is for 40s, t2-t3 for 16-39. That should solve your problems of huge zergs and underpowered new players getting stomped by decked out rr70+ players. I think we have enough rank 40s to make a quility rvr experience, similar to that before the merging of tiers, if not even better. Forts are another issue allthogether.
My idea is similar, only that t2-3 is 16-39 and 40 with sub-40 RR, so if you can do T4, you can do forts. This would also mean that you are given a better opportunity to do things in the order you prefer; you won't be gimping yourself by doing a lot of pve first before getting into rvr, since even if you rush to level 40, the opposition won't consist of RR80 monsters until you get to RR40.
Though I suppose this is also question of population, I don't have numbers on this to determine whether it's viable.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#18 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:18 am

I like Nork's idea of tactic slots opening sooner.
When you are Level 17 and trying to rvr with one tactic slot, it is impossible. All you do is surf the zerg/blob and pick up scraps of rr that fall off the table.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Sulorie

Post#19 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:23 am

The question is, will it block gained tactic slots outside of rvr/sc? I think this could be done, as something similar is used to de-rank highlvls for mini-city dungeons.
Dying is no option.

Collateral

Post#20 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:10 pm

Hargrim wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:45 am
Why didnt it work before on ror and live?
I don't know about live, but 2-3 years ago I really enjoyed rvr. Fights were smaller and skill mattered. So did composition and organization. The problem back then was the dead middle tiers. And sure you had an occasional zerg, but it was very rare. Now almost as soon as a zone starts, you will see blobs of lower lvl players forming up, until it reaches critical mass and nothing can stop it but another zerg of similar or bigger size. Also, wasn't live 31-40, like we had before? I don't think we ever had a pure 40 t4 before. I know on live something was done to scs with renown tiers, I don't know about rvr. Power creep was one of the biggest problems on live, cuz you had super strong high rr players going up against noobs, so more and more people left cuz new players simply couldn't do anything. But that's beside the point.

You really don't feel like rvr quality has gone down? People are pushed into keeps and massive fights before even learning their class' full potential (not to even mention missing 1-3 tactics, which is a massive disadvantage), fighting against hardcore players with vast knowledge about the game. And the more new people start playing the game, the bigger the problem will get. What about the lag? We already experience lag spikes and constant crashes, so what will it look like in the future? Yes there was lag before also, but I think server stability was increased. I might be wrong tho, but I remember you guys worked on it.

Also what people don't seem to realize is that all notion of balance of morales, abilites and tactics falls flat on it's face in such huge zergs. Nothing matters anymore but pure damage. I already talked about offensive morales and TTK in the morale rework thread. You can't balance 6v6 by looking at 1v1, and so you can't balance for 24v24 and expect things to be fine in 100v100, or 200v200. It all becomes completely irrelevant. So, you will either balance for smaller scales which means you have to somehow reduce the zergs, or you will balance for zergs, and keep rvr as it is. Because nothing you do to abilities will matter in such scale if you keep balancing like you currently are. I guess I kinda went a bit off topic with this one, so I'll stop here, but I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.