Recent Topics

Ads

Which classes benefit from Redeye/Sentinel sets?

Let's talk about... everything else
Stophy22

Which classes benefit from Redeye/Sentinel sets?

Post#1 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:53 am

So as the title suggest I've been thinking about throwing a party together and trying to do Gunbad. The problem I'm facing is which character should I run it on
Spoiler:
I've got a Mara, Black Orc, Magus, DoK, and BG that I'm willing to run it on
with the intent to get Sentinel armor. Who would I have the least regrets, I mean, benefit from this content the best? I'll go into further detail below for those who care.

I've been playing the game for a while and have almost every class at 40. Most of them have what I'd like to call "standard gear"- which is gear that allows them to PVP in t4 without the player feeling completely helpless. This is basically mixtures of Anni/Merc/Beastlords with characters I play more having more conq pieces and even the full set. I stopped playing a while back due to personal reasons, not enough time etc. but i'm back now and people have been saying Gunbad's difficulty has decreased significantly.

I ended up trying it last week and it was still incredibly hard, but the people who said they would explain didn't and we just ended up running around like chickens with our heads cutoff for 20 minutes trying to figure out mechanics, which I live for so it wasn't all that bad.:) But we did get the lockout timer and were not able to try further. Gunbad is fun for me but during the times I play the game it takes way too long to get a party together and if I try I just end up wasting an entire night I could of spent RVRing. So to me this is basically a one/two time thing
Spoiler:
with my limitations in personal time being the main issue

Now I know the Redeye and Sentinel sets have a place for everyone, to be as ignorant as to think the sets aren't good on certain characters is kind of pompous and is not what I'm trying to get at. The beeg question here is;

Across the characters I am considering doing these dungeons on: Mara, BG, DoK, BO, Magus, SH, Zealot. Which of them have
Spoiler:
(I hate myself for saying it)
Meta options to which gearing my character later down the line would I wish I had.

Let me elaborate. I'm not amazing with gearing. The process for me goes
Spoiler:
1.)I look at my stats
2.)put new gear on
3.)type .getstats and if my stats were better than what I had before, profit.
3.a test on some mobs
3.b test on some players if 3a is successful (numbers wise)
its not beautiful but it's my happy carelessness toward the current meta of how gearing works (i.e. 2/2/2/2 or 3/3/3 or whatever I have no idea what these terms mean, but they pop up in advice channel.) I prefer to run with something for a while seeing how it handles in the field and then changing it up and seeing how that goes. Test through experience I guess.

Back on topic, I know tank 2h gear will be tied to Bastion stair soon and I'm kind of an advocate for 2h tanks (please still help me with my question) so I was thinking maybe a tank would be best because of how wards work and the system in general works.
Spoiler:
You have to finish gunbad 3 times? to do city dungeons, I think you just need the redeye set. and then once you have that you are allowed a shot at sentinel gear. which leads me to believe in the future you'll need sentinel to do Bastion Stair.
I've been leaning toward my black orc the most thinking I'd have the least regrets doing it on him. Big ol green cloak to match my big ol green self and the option for Bastion stair in the future. But if the redeye and Sentinel sets are outstanding for Mara/Dok/Zealot/SH/Magus I might regret it in the future. I guess what I need is knowledge from someone who knows more than I do. If im going to run this 3 times or so I'd like to do it on the character who needs it.
Spoiler:
Is blackorc a good choice? Do healers benefit from Redeye gear hardcore? Does Mara have use for this full set or a mixture of pieces from the set with other sets? Do mages/Rdps need this stuff? Is it just generally useless and outclassed by Vanq/Opressors? PROBABLY.
So I have come here, please help. My head hurts from how much I'm banging it against a wall trying to figure this out.

Thanks for reading
Spoiler:
P.S.
My friend would run it with has a SH/Zealot so I shoved those two in their to see which would be better for him.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
Manatikik

Re: Which classes benefit from Redeye/Sentinel sets?

Post#2 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:03 am

2h tanks benefit from redeye 3 piece using the cloak. Mara BiS include Sentinel for Ring mainly.

Redeye can take as little as 2.5 hours to get if extremely lucky or 3 full runs. Average time for gunbad runs are: right wing 1 hour, middle wing 1.25 hours, and left wing 45 minutes. In destro BE/BB takes about 45 minutes with a good group where as Crypts/WBT takes about 1.5 hours with a good group. Once you get the mechanics down and have a solid group both dungeons are really easy.

The only downside is Sentinel Ring takes about 13 full runs to get enough influence for. So times that by the 4 day lockout and at beat you’re looking at 52 days to get full sentinel (though Belts, cloaks, and jewels do not count towards wards required for the next dungeon so in as little as one lucky run you can get full wards for Bastion Stair).
<Montague><Capulet>

Stophy22

Post#3 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:11 am

Manatikik wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:03 am 2h tanks benefit from redeye 3 piece using the cloak. Mara BiS include Sentinel for Ring mainly.

Redeye can take as little as 2.5 hours to get if extremely lucky or 3 full runs. Average time for gunbad runs are: right wing 1 hour, middle wing 1.25 hours, and left wing 45 minutes. In destro BE/BB takes about 45 minutes with a good group where as Crypts/WBT takes about 1.5 hours with a good group. Once you get the mechanics down and have a solid group both dungeons are really easy.

The only downside is Sentinel Ring takes about 13 full runs to get enough influence for. So times that by the 4 day lockout and at beat you’re looking at 52 days to get full sentinel (though Belts, cloaks, and jewels do not count towards wards required for the next dungeon so in as little as one lucky run you can get full wards for Bastion Stair).
Thank you very much. I think with this knowledge I'll run it on my BO and Mara, I do enjoy the PVE but I only play with one other person. Everyone else is taken trying to help each other get gear etc. but alas I'll figure it out. I appreciate it. I believe you made a SW guide a while back and it was very informative so I trust your judgement and knowledge, also you kick me and my friend around in Orvr to know that you know what you are talking about. I have no desire to play Order. but I appreciate the knowledge for other players who view this thread.

If I may ask you for a bit more information, in the option of a Zealot vs a SH who would benefit most from the gear?
Asking for a friend.
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Panodil

Post#4 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:31 am

Not great gear for zealot. Sure its good if you dont have full vanq and full genesis, but that gear is easier to get than Sentinel.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Stophy22

Post#5 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:36 am

Panodil wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:31 am Not great gear for zealot. Sure its good if you dont have full vanq and full genesis, but that gear is easier to get than Sentinel.
Thanks dad, my questions I believe are answered. Appreciate it and I hope other people who are wondering more about gunbad and sentinel stuffs can be informed as well.
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

wpc56
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:27 pm

Gunbad can be run faster with 3 dps and 1 (WELL GEARED TANK/conqueror+) on mid/right wing... it'll improve the speed of the run alot, especially you have aoe spec class like magus/sorc/choppa. You can ask dps to spec aoe for gunbad since respec is free, there are no dps races if I remember correctly, most difficult part are the mechanic and mid wing boss button coordination (get on a discord helps a lot)

Only left wing has a boss you need two tanks (great unclean one).

Goryak

Post#7 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:07 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:53 am PVE sets.

Join this disc if you haven't yet, PVE des discord:

https://discord.gg/GXrfjX5
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Stophy22

Post#8 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:09 pm

Goryak wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:07 pm
Stophy22 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:53 am PVE sets.

Join this disc if you haven't yet, PVE des discord:

https://discord.gg/GXrfjX5
Thank you very much! I did!
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
Alresidas

Post#9 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:30 pm

wpc56 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:27 pm Gunbad can be run faster with 3 dps and 1 (WELL GEARED TANK/conqueror+) on mid/right wing... it'll improve the speed of the run alot, especially you have aoe spec class like magus/sorc/choppa. You can ask dps to spec aoe for gunbad since respec is free, there are no dps races if I remember correctly, most difficult part are the mechanic and mid wing boss button coordination (get on a discord helps a lot)

Infact, all three wings can be solo-tanked just fine. Left wing just requires either proper dps or any dps (preferably mdps) to pull the maggot-things away from the boss, since the great neutering the things barely do any damage and are quite squishy.

Order city dungeons, too, can be solo-tanked - and all, but the skaven minibosses, even solo-healed if everyone is showing their A-game. Dunno whether the same could be done with destro city dungeons, haven't run them yet.

Anyways, almost all of PvE comes down to very few things, such as:

1.) Trigger discipline: no pre-hotting tanks, no healing/dps until the tank blew Challenge/Taunt, no big pulls without Challenge CD, ...
2.) Basic awareness: positioning (e.g.: puddles, walking aggro'd NPC back to the tank,...), aggro management, ...

3.) Basic knowledge: both dungeon-specifics and general game mechanics (i.e.: potting, positioning, NPC types [e.g.: using HtL to pull and clump up rdps NPCs more conveniently, turning or otherwise postioning NPCs to prevent their cleave or abilities], boss strats, routes, guardswapping and aggro-splits, ...)
4.) A little dedication: e.g.: AoE-Pots and/or the granted AoE-dot from Marks/Runes for bigger pulls, proper specs and comps (why waste everyones time by bringing specs that are sub-optimal for the job?), grabbing the AggroMeter addon Hargrim and Sullemunk have provided...

If 1.) and 2.) are given, it'll be a smooth run, if 3.) and 4.) are given it'll be smooth and swift.
Just make sure to give people a rundown of the very basics at the start of a run and set an appropriate pace - one would think it shouldn't be necessary, but, oh well, better be safe than sorry.

As to OPs question regarding gear, the Sent proc is well worth it for small-scale tanks - it proc's reliably and removes pre-existing snares and roots -, the ring is obviously BiS for all classes.
The Gunbad stuff is especially great for mix-and-match because of it's easily accessible ctbc, and well worth it for fresh toons regardless of class.

I'd grab atleast wards on three classes (dps, tank, heal) I enjoy the most and then work on finding a regular group for dungeons. The sentinel ring shouldn't be a set goal of yours until you've found a regular group, the /5 spam and the occassional wipefests will burn you out.

Stophy22

Post#10 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:08 pm

Alresidas wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:30 pm
wpc56 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:27 pm Gunbad can be run faster with 3 dps and 1 (WELL GEARED TANK/conqueror+) on mid/right wing... it'll improve the speed of the run alot, especially you have aoe spec class like magus/sorc/choppa. You can ask dps to spec aoe for gunbad since respec is free, there are no dps races if I remember correctly, most difficult part are the mechanic and mid wing boss button coordination (get on a discord helps a lot)

Infact, all three wings can be solo-tanked just fine. Left wing just requires either proper dps or any dps (preferably mdps) to pull the maggot-things away from the boss, since the great neutering the things barely do any damage and are quite squishy.

Order city dungeons, too, can be solo-tanked - and all, but the skaven minibosses, even solo-healed if everyone is showing their A-game. Dunno whether the same could be done with destro city dungeons, haven't run them yet.

Anyways, almost all of PvE comes down to very few things, such as:

1.) Trigger discipline: no pre-hotting tanks, no healing/dps until the tank blew Challenge/Taunt, no big pulls without Challenge CD, ...
2.) Basic awareness: positioning (e.g.: puddles, walking aggro'd NPC back to the tank,...), aggro management, ...

3.) Basic knowledge: both dungeon-specifics and general game mechanics (i.e.: potting, positioning, NPC types [e.g.: using HtL to pull and clump up rdps NPCs more conveniently, turning or otherwise postioning NPCs to prevent their cleave or abilities], boss strats, routes, guardswapping and aggro-splits, ...)
4.) A little dedication: e.g.: AoE-Pots and/or the granted AoE-dot from Marks/Runes for bigger pulls, proper specs and comps (why waste everyones time by bringing specs that are sub-optimal for the job?), grabbing the AggroMeter addon Hargrim and Sullemunk have provided...

If 1.) and 2.) are given, it'll be a smooth run, if 3.) and 4.) are given it'll be smooth and swift.
Just make sure to give people a rundown of the very basics at the start of a run and set an appropriate pace - one would think it shouldn't be necessary, but, oh well, better be safe than sorry.

As to OPs question regarding gear, the Sent proc is well worth it for small-scale tanks - it proc's reliably and removes pre-existing snares and roots -, the ring is obviously BiS for all classes.
The Gunbad stuff is especially great for mix-and-match because of it's easily accessible ctbc, and well worth it for fresh toons regardless of class.

I'd grab atleast wards on three classes (dps, tank, heal) I enjoy the most and then work on finding a regular group for dungeons. The sentinel ring shouldn't be a set goal of yours until you've found a regular group, the /5 spam and the occassional wipefests will burn you out.
Thanks ill take all of this into account and I'll do my best to find a regular group. Most people have already done it or have a regular group or are too occupied getting conq/vanq/oppressors to help or give time to it. But that being said I think the discord will help and a few dedicated souls. I appreciate all the information though. ty
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x