Recent Topics

Ads

Fortress Design Issues - Spawncamping on Video

Let's talk about... everything else
dihanin

Re: Fortress Design Issues - Spawncamping on Video

Post#21 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Sahngar wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:21 pm You know what? Serves you right.

This issue was raised months ago when Dest were trying to spawn camp order, and we were told that its a valid tactic and that we should be guarding spawn.

So now the shoe is on the other foot you complain about it?
agree with you. GM is wrong.
wolflord

Ads
normanis

Post#22 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:34 pm

yes penril like i said previous ppl mentality is what gm need to deal with it. game is ok ( byt not class balance). and gm cant babysitting with us. gm turn blind eye when destro camp spawn point its green light . order do same. its dishonorable for those who do it
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Niblolkik

Post#23 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:40 pm

i considered this camping as game breaking. babystep

DonDzek

Post#24 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Thing the words "man of honor" are unowen by Order and usal ignored. :?:

However, I would ban all spam camper for one week insofar as they were involved in this wrong action. :ugeek:
Those Destro player who were in this miss situation assin one invader set part as compensation for this case. :!:

BR

BadDogEDN

Post#25 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:24 pm

maybe move the spawn further back and give it guards. I made a terrible mistake trying to run from a wb wile in reikland, and wondering into the fort and was killed. Thank god they didn't realize i only respawned over the hill or they could have just camped me all day because you will always spawn at that point.
Edowado Banewave - Green Chosen of Dark Craig

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#26 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:35 pm

Penril wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:15 pm
normanis wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:12 pm i hope wargrimnir will punish all swapn campers not just 1side. because giving green light to 1 side its dangerous
You guys realize he is not in-game 24/7 right? Guy probably has a IRL job, has to sleep, etc. etc.

I'd like to think that if he didn't nuke a certain side in the past for doing this it was because he simply wasn't online and a different GM handled the issue.
I actually woke up to a 5 minute old vague question if I was online. After they sent me the video I logged in and saw the fort had been going like this for nearly an hour.

There's a vast difference between infrequent small groups taking advantage of an undefended spawn point, and the majority of a defending force literally standing on it spamming mass AOE for an hour. Any arguments to the contrary are disingenuous at best, or outright propaganda to portray staff as realm favoring tyrants at worst.

If you were affected by being farmed this morning, I wish I had woken up earlier to deal with it. If you participated in free farming a spawn point en masse, feel very lucky you didn't receive a harder punishment than simply being killed and called idiots. I would be happy to review further evidence that can illustrate who encouraged this stupid idea in the first place.

Forward camps were on the original design document for forts, and a lot of other issues have taken priority since release. Last night, Ryan completed the first three, next patch they will be in-game barring any ridiculous unforeseen issues. I will finish them myself if absolutely needed.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

BadDogEDN

Post#27 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:56 pm

Keep up the great work Wargrimnir! There is a time when spawn camping is ok, and then there is this, just outright greifing. I was not involved with this incident, but after watching the videos and reading about it you did the right thing. Stuff like this killed the game for me back on live when specific guilds would find ways to go over board with just outright making the game less fun for their competition, where they would figure if they get them to quit they win.
Edowado Banewave - Green Chosen of Dark Craig

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#28 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:21 pm

perche wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:02 pm These are the things that take away your desire to play.
accurate AF 100% ^^

Wake up call maybe?

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#29 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 pm

Got a good laugh at the end of the video, and for those order that were present and got nuked theres a description for what you were doing -

Click here to watch on YouTube

The fact that you should have known this leads to an additional point. You violated rule 1.1 of the ToS -

"1.1 Don't Be A ****
We are all here to play and enjoy the game. Attacking other players in chat, trolling players in general with toxic attitudes, or finding other creative ways to disrupt other players from enjoying their time here. None of this is appreciated.
Respect is the word, whether you hate someone or simply think they're a bad player, you can be respectful. Keep in mind this is just a game, and there is no reason and no place for real grieves/grudges. "

You should all be thankful that Wargrimnir actually acted with a modicum of restraint. He was right to do what he did and personally I think that his response was a bit too restrained, I would've come up a harsher response if I were the one dealing with this...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Harkanor

Post#30 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:49 pm

Thank you for that statement Wargrimnir. Seeing them getting nuked just felt like divine judgement falling upon them. As for who encouraged this, out of charity i will not repeat here the names of the 2 very prominent guilds who were VERY active there. Overstuffed high rr guys stooping so low makes it even more inexcusable. So let's hope it's a strong warning to anyone, Order and destros alike who might have the same stupid idea in the future.